Had My First Comp Matches Last Night

8 replies to this topic

#1 Omniseed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 255 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 06:05 AM

It was pretty fun, only fought two teams but we went 3:1 and it was a good time. The impact of only having four lances on the field instead of six was noticeable, it felt far more focused than any normal match. Having a team of people on comms (except our deaf pilot but we had someone act as a stenographer) and no random squirrels squawking and backtalking was so nice.

Compared to the faction matches I played earlier in the night it was downright luxurious. The faction matches were just hopeless losses while five or six players chose to take the 3rd and 4th wave defensive positions from the beginning of the match. The same pilots threw three or four defense matches by ignoring repeated calls and hanging on to AMS Corsairs for three waves. When we happy few shooters did manage to pull out a close win against DS*, their lead guy immediately started crying about the game mode in all chat.

The comp scene seems a lot less whiney from my limited experience so far.

#2 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 30 August 2019 - 12:02 PM

Nah, comp scene is just a bunch of tryhard hackers. Qp and solo cw is where its at. /s

I just wish more people would have had your experience years ago.

#3 Gilgamecc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 165 posts

Posted 30 August 2019 - 03:45 PM

Lol such hax, much trys

Yeah I hope that there is some kind of upswing on the horizon, I think the next stage of the MWO lifecycle could be outstanding with a little luck and some work.

#4 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 30 August 2019 - 04:32 PM

View PostSsamout, on 30 August 2019 - 12:02 PM, said:

Nah, comp scene is just a bunch of tryhard hackers. Qp and solo cw is where its at. /s

I just wish more people would have had your experience years ago.

lol... Yeah lets not head to General Discussion... :D

But yeah even if you don't care about being the best - Comp you can still have a lotta fun just shooting mechs.

#5 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 01 September 2019 - 08:14 AM

As a non-haxor, try-medium player I had a great time in COMP!

With PUG teams I went 8/9 and only had one "bad" experience. It has been fun both getting surprise wins and going on a 4-0 win streak at the end last night!

I do wish the results were onlne somewhere...or are they?

#6 Gilgamecc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 165 posts

Posted 01 September 2019 - 09:07 AM

Yeah, there is a leaderboard and a list of match scores in the comp tab!

I agree, it was only not fun when the auto aim losers were out in force. I'll use ATMs in FP or QP, I'll use LRMs every so often in FP, but to run that kind of deck in the comp queue just seems disrespectful of the entire concept of the game mode.

It's going to be fun and games until those groups make the rest of us prove a point.

#7 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 01 September 2019 - 05:48 PM

I too played my first ever comp games and it was fun. Except losing all but the first one I played, but still...

#8 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 03 September 2019 - 08:17 AM

Made me wish I had found my current team before the game was in its death throes.

#9 Omniseed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Kashira
  • Kashira
  • 255 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 08:59 AM

View PostGhost Paladin117, on 03 September 2019 - 08:17 AM, said:

Made me wish I had found my current team before the game was in its death throes.

Yeah, I wish I'd participated sooner. The ISC ruleset just irritated me though, I was excited for 3v3 but the one per weight bracket rule killed all the fun decks I was hoping to bring to the arena.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users