Heat Bug

62 replies to this topic

#1 Remover of Obstacles

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 549 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 07:35 PM

Anyone else seeing more occurrences of the heat bug?

Warning going off at 65%. Bugged cooling. Etc.

#2 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 05 September 2019 - 08:35 PM

Yes.

#3 LTC Kilgore

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 06:50 AM

Heat Bug still exists, and I wouldn't expect PGI to even try to attempt to fix it (if they even could). They are done spending time and resources on MWO

#4 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 08 September 2019 - 03:49 AM

Heat Bug never left.

We've seen it in QP, CompQ matches, Private lobbies... The works.

All servers, not repeatable... Never going to be fixed.

#5 Armored Yokai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 08 September 2019 - 07:31 AM

Would be nice if there was a call vote to increase the cooling, but I think it might be abused

#6 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 08 September 2019 - 09:29 AM

View PostArmored Yokai, on 08 September 2019 - 07:31 AM, said:

Would be nice if there was a call vote to increase the cooling, but I think it might be abused

Posted Image

#7 Armored Yokai

• IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 1,950 posts
  • LocationHouston,TX

Posted 08 September 2019 - 11:04 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 08 September 2019 - 09:29 AM, said:

I am weeb

Posted Image

#8 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 02:54 PM

These past month(s) I noticed a few times the kind of heat bug where your cooling drops down to almost nothing : Maybe 1% heat per second, so that's 1m40s to cool down from 100% heat.

The interesting thing is that one time after I got hit the bug fixed itself (for that game).

I believe what happened is that one of my heatsinks was destroyed, forcing the game to calculate my new cooling value, which replaced the bugged cooling value with a fixed one.

So if there was a way to force that recalculation (short of losing a heatsink), like recalculating the cooling value every few seconds, or each time you open your map, that would be a temporary quick fix until the bug itself is found.

Thing is, that part of the heat bug is kind of rare, it's like a once a week event. And it might even involve losing a heatsink to force the calculation of a bugged cooling value to begin with, making it more likely to occur on a heatsink boat then anything else.

Until then one thing you could try it raising your temperature over 100% until you blow up one of your own heatsinks : Think of it as a and advanced feature instead of a bug :)

#9 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 05:04 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 08 September 2019 - 02:54 PM, said:

These past month(s) I noticed a few times the kind of heat bug where your cooling drops down to almost nothing : Maybe 1% heat per second, so that's 1m40s to cool down from 100% heat.

The interesting thing is that one time after I got hit the bug fixed itself (for that game).

I believe what happened is that one of my heatsinks was destroyed, forcing the game to calculate my new cooling value, which replaced the bugged cooling value with a fixed one.

So if there was a way to force that recalculation (short of losing a heatsink), like recalculating the cooling value every few seconds, or each time you open your map, that would be a temporary quick fix until the bug itself is found.

Thing is, that part of the heat bug is kind of rare, it's like a once a week event. And it might even involve losing a heatsink to force the calculation of a bugged cooling value to begin with, making it more likely to occur on a heatsink boat then anything else.

Until then one thing you could try it raising your temperature over 100% until you blow up one of your own heatsinks : Think of it as a and advanced feature instead of a bug Posted Image

Had the heat bug lots, know tons of people that have had it. Been in CW matches where half of our team had it, and not once has it ever corrected itself until I died.

Is it possible what you described actually happened? Perhaps, but given you as the source the most likely explanation is user error.

#10 Anomalocaris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 671 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 05:17 PM

Been seeing it more than I used to lately. Every occurrence has been the slow heat dissipation issue. As someone else stated, about 1% per second. It does seem like if I disengage and get a full cool down to zero I get back to normal, but I don't have video to go back and verify with (and its not always easy to disengage). Seems to happen more in games where I use a coolshot early on, but again, no video. Has anyone ever had it happen in the testing grounds? Was wondering if its worth experimenting there.

#11 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 09:19 PM

View PostFeral Clown, on 08 September 2019 - 05:04 PM, said:

Been in CW matches where half of our team had it, and not once has it ever corrected itself until I died.

Is it possible what you described actually happened?

I'm certain the cooling restarted, suddenly allowing me to start shooting freely again.

I have no idea what caused it to restart, and it's going to take another rare bug occurrence for me to be able to check out a solution.

#12 Feral Clown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 915 posts

Posted 08 September 2019 - 09:37 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 08 September 2019 - 09:19 PM, said:

I'm certain the cooling restarted, suddenly allowing me to start shooting freely again.

I have no idea what caused it to restart, and it's going to take another rare bug occurrence for me to be able to check out a solution.

You can't figure out how to make lurms work now, how on earth would you possibly think you could figure out a bug on the server? User error.

#13 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 09:43 PM

Not figure out the bug...

Just check for a way to cancel the effect of a bug, such as getting a heat sink blown off.

How do I do that ? Wait for the bug, overheat till I hear the audio warning that I lost a heatsink, and check if my cooling is back to normal.

I'll also try things like using a coolshot, letting my temperature drop down to 0, powering down... Because I know for a fact there's a way to do it, and I just need to do some tests to check which one it is.

It's like the bug that prevents you from saving/loading your mech configuration in a file : I don't know what the bug is, but I know how to cancel the effect of that bug, at which point it's not such a problem anymore.

#14 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 12:44 AM

I like it when the bug appears on both teams, multiple mechs at the same moment... but yeah...PGI can never duplicate it. Just like they can't duplicate the stealth armor bug where even with TAG, PPC, UAV, and probes... you cannot lock an enemy mech if a different enemy mech with stealth active is near you.

#15 KhanBhacKeD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 280 posts
  • LocationDans les branches du skill tree

Posted 10 September 2019 - 12:53 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 10 September 2019 - 12:44 AM, said:

I like it when the bug appears on both teams, multiple mechs at the same moment... but yeah...PGI can never duplicate it. Just like they can't duplicate the stealth armor bug where even with TAG, PPC, UAV, and probes... you cannot lock an enemy mech if a different enemy mech with stealth active is near you.

It's call low signa and that as always do that as it should. So not understanding the matter actually. Cause you have to first counter that nearest ecm. Unless I don't understand your point.

So unless the bug persist when you hit the nearest ennemy with a ppc I see no bug (remember tag / uav / bap don't counter Stealth) e vent if you can lock a Stealth with a tag pointed on him it's not a real counter.

Edited by KhanBhacKeD, 10 September 2019 - 12:56 AM.

#16 Black Caiman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 101 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 12:14 PM

Ive had the heat bug 3 times in the last 2 days. To the point where just having the mech moving drives up my heat at times. Talk about ruining a match...you know its bad when youre getting maybe 1% heat a second on HPG...

#17 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 04:46 PM

View PostKhanBhacKeD, on 10 September 2019 - 12:53 AM, said:

It's call low signa and that as always do that as it should. So not understanding the matter actually. Cause you have to first counter that nearest ecm. Unless I don't understand your point.

So unless the bug persist when you hit the nearest ennemy with a ppc I see no bug (remember tag / uav / bap don't counter Stealth) e vent if you can lock a Stealth with a tag pointed on him it's not a real counter.

I'm NOT talking about countering the stealth mech... I'm taking about locking an entirely different mech that doesn't have stealth or ecm, but is being protected as if it had stealth armor also. Also its not helped by the way PGI wrongly implement stealth armor to begin with. THe "low signal" from active stealth armor, is supposed to affect the mech USING IT... not the enemy mechs. That's the trade off (along with the heat costs) of the stealth armor for balance in battle tech... the enemy cannot detect you on radar, but you also suffer a loss of sensors/lock ability as if you were being affected by an enemy ECM.

Edited by Dee Eight, 10 September 2019 - 04:48 PM.

#18 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 14 September 2019 - 11:08 AM

just had it on tourmaline again, fresh mk2, dissipation about 1% every 1-2 seconds, using JJs spikes the heat......everything working as intended

#19 Black Caiman

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Thumper
  • The Thumper
  • 101 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 10:50 AM

I just had a match where I wasn't even at 100% or more heat and I self-detonated. The heat meter said 96% and for no reason I just blew up. This becoming quite the plague...

#20 Shanrak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 200 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 01:34 PM

Encountered heat bug multiple times in the last week after not having it for a few months. Super annoying.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users