Fun

5 replies to this topic

#1 DropshipPilot

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 54 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 02:17 AM

Competition sometimes brings out the best in people...

What is your most compelling story?

Mine:

I joined a team of people playing COMP for the event rewards , who didn't know each other and some weren't on coms...not even in game Coms. The team was zero wins and a bunch of losses.

It took a couple games, but I got us in a good map position and used UAV to reveal the location of the enemy team. I found a good position to trade and also gather my team right on my hip to force multiply.

We started winning the trades! As soon as the enemy assault lance looked vulnerable, I jumped uphill and started firing down on them....

Our team moved up the ramp and engaged...

1...2...3... dead enemy mechs!

We finally had a big lead!

The team pushed and rolled over the rest of the opposing force and We WON!

Everyone was happy and cheering! It was a great moment!

We went on to win another game shortly thereafter...it was an amazing experience!

Edited by DropshipPilot, 06 September 2019 - 02:18 AM.

#2 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 04:28 AM

Meme crabbing;

VS 228 DFA
https://youtu.be/v4lKCCMo4Zs?t=4366

VS CCDN
https://youtu.be/o4M68tGcPr4?t=4648

CRAAAAB BATTLE vs WKL

#3 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 07 September 2019 - 06:03 AM

Winning it all:
Posted Image

Edited by Vxheous, 07 September 2019 - 06:09 AM.

#4 RJF Volkodav

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 08:06 AM

Each of you can get hundreds of a great stories playing comp that you'll never get in QP/FP. Go try it out!

Will just post an old comp TMC videos as long as each comp game is a true great story:

#5 Arn0ldSchwarzenegger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 198 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHigh Wycombe, England

Posted 02 October 2020 - 05:07 AM

Winning the old Tournaments with Antares Scorpions. Never forget those moments. Winning MRBC was one of the coolest moments. Never forget it. The work that went into planning matches and loadouts was phenomenal, but well worth it. Still remember the map and where we were on it when we won the final match to clinch the league, damn awesome.

#6 dozerbot

• PipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 45 posts

Posted 02 September 2022 - 05:55 AM

The game we played last night against Yuntow's (twitch.tv/yuntow)'s team. It was on a large map with a lot of capture points, and normally the strategy is to have one or two lights capping and the rest fighting. Well, Yuntow's team came up with a totally novel strat to have multiple capping lances, confused the hell out of us and made it really difficult for our lights to capture points.

We started realizing the urgency and pushed to isolate/kill off their pilots, but it was too late. We won the shooting fight but lost the match 740ish cap points to their 750. It was an insane adrenaline rush trying to get those last points, and the closest match I've ever played. Our whole team learned something, and it felt awesome to loose to a team that won because of guile/strategy. That's what makes this game great. And so much damn fun.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users