• PipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 47 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationColorado

Posted 06 September 2019 - 10:23 AM

View PostRyan Grey, on 06 September 2019 - 09:02 AM, said:

The tripple XP conversion is only good for people who have MC lying around to spent.

for 6,95$ (1250MC) you can only convert 117 SP
calculating it up to 200 SP they would cost you 11,88$

That means, those who have no MC to spent, are better of buying 200 GSP for 10$.

Also i was wondering, will there be NO "Tournament Supporter Package" to buy this year ?

On top of that, converting XP into GXP also requires you spend 45,000 c-bills per skill point as well. So it's not 117 SP you get, it's actually just enough GXP to convert into 117 SP once you also add c-bills.

Whereas if you spend $10 for 200 GSP you get the full skill point, without having to add any c-bills to it...

Basically, if you're going to spend real money to skill mechs, buying MC and using this triple conversion rate is just a terrible choice over the GSP pack in every way.

Edited by Myj, 06 September 2019 - 10:24 AM.

#22 Sigmar Sich

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 06 September 2019 - 10:41 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 06 September 2019 - 10:09 AM, said:

You can do most event in any Queue you choose. Double XP applies to Faction play also.
But yeah I get it you want a Faction play exclusive event.

Yes, FP events. The sentiment of "The Year of Faction Play" lured back some of the retired players. This effect is fading, fast.

You can run FP events parallel to the usual events, they don't have to be mutually exclusive.

Throw a small FP event on this or next weekend, for example IS and Clans fighting to control some mineral rich uninhabited worlds.
HPG Manifold and Grim Plexus conquest+assault, Vitric Forge and Grim Portico siege+counterattack. Since low gravity, bump total deck tonnage for 20-ish tons, would be a welcome distraction from the usual decks.

Conditions - number of games played in FP, score accumulated, kills+KMDD. Rewards - some MC, and choosing faction specific warhorns and stuff, or camos / colors.
People who don't like FP can easily skip this, the same way as many have skipped the Comp event.

Then something similar for the next weekend, with desert theme, or winter, or city... Then again and again.
From time to time do something bigger for the whole week. End the year with Tukayyid or something.

FP is the primary mode for some people, and level of attention it gets does not encourage to play the game. Pls fix this.

Edited by Sigmar Sich, 06 September 2019 - 10:45 AM.

#23 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 10:49 AM

Get Schooled Challenges are up! Starts today Posted Image
https://mwomercs.com/events/310

#24 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 10:58 AM

Matt... I want to buy actual additional Dropships!

You told us a while ago there would be some nice discount for them soon just like you did with the Mechbays : WHEN ?!?! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I want to setup something like the following :
- 2x IS for Scouting
- 2x Clan for Scouting
- 2x IS for the Regular FW Mode
- 2x Clan for the Regular FW Mode

But those damn Dropships are too damn expensive... Posted Image

#25 Khalcruth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Steiner
  • Hero of Steiner
  • 808 posts
  • LocationYou gotta lose your mind in Detroit! Rock City!

Posted 06 September 2019 - 11:10 AM

I don't know, maybe that's the joke, but I notice that the text for the "I failed the math test" part says you need 3000 ballistic damage, but the completion box is "___/2978".

Also, I believe for the last challenge, you meant "somehow", instead of "some how", as written.

#26 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 06 September 2019 - 11:12 AM

Let me know when they throw in the GSP bundles free for each mech. Now THAT would be a sale. Cheap mech with it all skilled up, is a mech ready to hit the battlefield. I claimed the "See you on the Battlefield!" back in the MW:LL Arena League btw. Posted Image Just ask FlyingDebris and Phil.

#27 NeroWolfe

• PipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 11:42 AM

Please tell us what the hell "That bonus question that wasn't in the curriculum" means. What do I have to do.

#28 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 11:44 AM

View PostKhalcruth, on 06 September 2019 - 11:10 AM, said:

I don't know, maybe that's the joke, but I notice that the text for the "I failed the math test" part says you need 3000 ballistic damage, but the completion box is "___/2978". Also, I believe for the last challenge, you meant "somehow", instead of "some how", as written.

The math test was part of the joke.
The last challenge typo was unintentional. (FIXED)

#29 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 11:47 AM

View PostNeroWolfe, on 06 September 2019 - 11:42 AM, said:

Please tell us what the hell "That bonus question that wasn't in the curriculum" means. What do I have to do.

Don't Kill me please :) It's part of the joke. But if no one figures it out by themselves and posts it on the forum. I will reveal it after the weekend.

#30 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 11:50 AM

View PostRoodkapje, on 06 September 2019 - 10:58 AM, said:

Matt... I want to buy actual additional Dropships! You told us a while ago there would be some nice discount for them soon just like you did with the Mechbays : WHEN ?!?! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image I want to setup something like the following : - 2x IS for Scouting - 2x Clan for Scouting - 2x IS for the Regular FW Mode - 2x Clan for the Regular FW Mode But those damn Dropships are too damn expensive... Posted Image

Hold on to your MC I am waiting on some changes and then i will do a drop Deck Sale.

#31 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 06 September 2019 - 12:00 PM

I just got my 5 Hero mechs and the GSP. I sold some crap from my inventory and scrounged enough C-bills to outfit them all. I see that the events will be up in about 4 hours. Just enough time to get some sleep and then.......

"LLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEETTT'SSSS GET READY TO NNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"

Nice events, btw. Good job. Posted Image

#32 Shanrak

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 200 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 12:01 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 06 September 2019 - 11:50 AM, said:

Hold on to your MC I am waiting on some changes and then i will do a drop Deck Sale.

Drop deck sale, woohoo!

#33 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 06 September 2019 - 12:29 PM

This is a fun event imo :) good sales too!

#34 The Man with the Plan

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 01:34 PM

Thankyou, fun and funny idea.
Dropship deal coming? I have been waiting for that!
Posted Image

#35 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 01:34 PM

Someone getting schooled

View PostKhalcruth, on 06 September 2019 - 11:10 AM, said:

Also, I believe for the last challenge, you meant "somehow", instead of "some how", as written.

Someone's getting schooled :P

Also can someone tell me how to "Earn 1 Dead" ?

Sounds creepy : Please use this kind of event naming again at Halloween :)

#36 NoTrueScotsman

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 01:36 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 06 September 2019 - 11:47 AM, said:

Don't Kill me please Posted Image It's part of the joke. But if no one figures it out by themselves and posts it on the forum. I will reveal it after the weekend.

Headshot???

#37 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 01:50 PM

View PostF0rg3, on 06 September 2019 - 01:36 PM, said:

Headshot???

Based on the hints : Something much simpler, that can be pulled off on your first game :)

I can't tell if "Equipment - ADVANCED UAV 1" is also a joke or not, but that's just me being anti-social :P

#38 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 02:55 PM

this is not the fp event i was looking for.
move along.

Edited by LordNothing, 06 September 2019 - 02:55 PM.

#39 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 04:39 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 06 September 2019 - 02:55 PM, said:

this is not the fp event i was looking for.
move along.

Bother reading the first page.

Also I got "That Bonus Question that wasn't in the curriculum" on my first try, as expected :)

#40 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 06 September 2019 - 04:49 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 06 September 2019 - 07:32 AM, said:

DROPSHIP DEALS
Can't remember which Champion and Hero Mechs you own? Jump over to your Profile and use the improved Mech List Feature!

Dear Devs the profiles "improved Mech List Features" are an interesting addition.

Please consider adding a skill points filter
[X] All [ ] No SP [ ] Some SP [ ] Full SP (91 or more)
All is default of course.

Also add "Chassis Name" option to the "Sort By" section
I understand the "by weight then name" but sorting just by name would be a very nice addition.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users