100 replies to this topic

#61 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 04:09 AM

View PostMatt Newman, on 06 September 2019 - 11:47 AM, said:

Don't Kill me please Posted Image It's part of the joke. But if no one figures it out by themselves and posts it on the forum. I will reveal it after the weekend.

Methinks dis suicide.

#62 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 05:18 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 09 September 2019 - 04:09 AM, said:

Methinks dis suicide.

"Forgot to study for the Final Exam"

I initially thought it would mean either "survive" (the final exam) or "forget to" kill anyone...

Which also matched Matt Newman's comment of "don't kill me", either so he can complete the mission by not dying, either so you can complete the mission by not killing him...

But turns out FRAGTAST1C got it despite getting 2 kills (including one solo kill), and dying, but not suiciding... So it's neither of those 3.

So my new guess would be "get a solo kill", that does match Matt Newman's comment, but not really the mission's name.

Basically : I don't know either :)

#63 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 11:42 AM

That Bonus Question that wasn't in the curriculum = Earn 1 Solo Kill

Someone got it right in this thread but since there seems to be some debate still I thought I would make it clear.

#64 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 01:34 PM

Question : Is there some kind of overheat bug going on since the last patch ?!

Had some seriously long shutdown time in one round, but my mech wasn't overheated that much at all!
Dakka build that went down as if it was a Pew Pew build that went in OVERKILL!!! mode... Posted Image

/WEIRD?!?!

Edited by Roodkapje, 09 September 2019 - 01:35 PM.

#65 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 09:53 PM

it's not since the last patch, the heat bug crops up every now and then. Had it yesterday and saw another player with the same problem after I died. He even got stuck in terrain. IIRC it's a server desync that causes this.

#66 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 09 September 2019 - 11:56 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 09 September 2019 - 11:42 AM, said:

That Bonus Question that wasn't in the curriculum = Earn 1 Solo Kill

Someone got it right in this thread but since there seems to be some debate still I thought I would make it clear.

Because it wouldn't be a proper event if you didn't have to dumb it down or make a criteria EASIER for the forum complainers...

#67 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 01:23 AM

Thanks for the event PGI. I'll definitely try most of them, but probably not the 500ms one or the 20000 match score one, esp the latter since it'll take me 60-100 games to accomplish and I don't have that much time across 5 days.

#68 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:09 AM

Yeah, 20k match score in 5 days is a bit too much to ask. I mean it's fair - you want those MCs, do grind. You should never had giving MCs away almost for free, and then complain people don't buy stuff.

But even MCs are vanity, when there's no hopes for tomorrow, with empty patches and maintenance mode. This is the primary reason you're losing players so fast. But i guess know, to make you care is a pointless effort.

#69 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 08:43 AM

View Postarcana75, on 10 September 2019 - 01:23 AM, said:

Thanks for the event PGI. I'll definitely try most of them, but probably not the 500ms one or the 20000 match score one, esp the latter since it'll take me 60-100 games to accomplish and I don't have that much time across 5 days.

- 500 Score really hard to do, but not impossible. About 20000 match score - it's easiest thing, after you do all other criteria of event you already got from 7000 to 9000 match score. All you need to do - take mech with extreme firepower, play smart, use tactic, move along your teammates and do some damage around at least 400. At the end you got nearly 250 score, so - 4 play = 1000 score. Few evenings and you got what you need to get 300mc reward. Around 40-55 games you need.

#70 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:01 AM

Lowered the criteria for the "Somehow you Graduated" challenge from 20,000 to 15,000 due to support ticket requests and forum feedback.

#71 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 325 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:03 AM

Done with the event. 20,000 match score took a little bit of time, but I welcome the extra XP. Good stuff. :) Thanks for the warhorns.

#72 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:06 AM

20,000 was a bit much.

Also I think the score formula might have changed since last year, such as the bonus for each surviving mech in a Faction Play deck being lowered (it used to be a bit overdone, allowing to score over 1000 points in a single FP match by keeping 3 or 4 mechs alive with some good damage achieved), and so now resulting in a lower average score gain per match.

Edited by Humble Dexter, 10 September 2019 - 09:17 AM.

#73 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:47 AM

20k = meh. Trying to get it is worth the effort alone. It makes me try to play better :)

#74 Think Tank

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 10:06 AM

So glad I finished the event last night at 20k, only to have it lowered to 15k today. Def makes me feel rewarded for loyal game play compared to the whiners who get the same rewards for 25% less game play. (I fully acknowledge that by even commenting at all, I now sound 'whiny' to some. The difference is, I'm whining because the rules changed on me. They whined because they're entitled brats.)

#75 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 10 September 2019 - 01:36 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 10 September 2019 - 09:01 AM, said:

Lowered the criteria for the "Somehow you Graduated" challenge from 20,000 to 15,000 due to support ticket requests and forum feedback.

Appreciated... though 15000 is still a lot of match score to accumulate in 7 days.

Last time I checked, the average match score across the playerbase was 250. (I suspect it's even a little lower now.) And since then, Faction Play Match Scores have been significantly lowered due to the cumulative effect of the removal of the 'surviving Mechs' bonus and the broader reduction in damage from destroying components.

An average match score of 250 would require 60 matches across 7 days, or about 9 per day.

Each FP match takes up to a half hour. But there's also the half hour wait to start getting matches... if you get a match at all. (One night last week, 12 of us I waited in queue for 1.75 hours but didn't get a single match.) So it's quite variable. But even assuming a robust queue, it would require about 5 hours per day for 7 days to reach 15,000 Match Score.

It's quicker if one Quick Plays, where wait times are more like 5 minutes and matches more like 10. So that would be more like 2.5 hours per day. However, Quick Play is kind of intolerable now that everyone is in Tier 1, and the matchmaker cannot know which players are competent and which are not. So I just can't bring myself to QP any more.

Anyway, this is all just feedback. If you could extend the duration of the event it would help address the issue I've raised.

TLDR: Many regular customers play FP, where Match Score has recently been made harder to accumulate. Extending the duration of the event would help them reach the 15,000 target.

Edited by Appogee, 10 September 2019 - 03:20 PM.

#76 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 05:52 PM

kind of think non-scouting fp matches should pay out about 2x what a quick play game does. so that matchs core is consistent with time invested.

View PostBolo Atari, on 10 September 2019 - 09:47 AM, said:

20k = meh. Trying to get it is worth the effort alone. It makes me try to play better Posted Image

i was about 3k from finishing. but since they dropped it to 15k im done. so no reason to play mwo today. see yall next event.

Edited by LordNothing, 10 September 2019 - 05:58 PM.

#77 DOMV2

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 06:46 PM

Finished the 20K match score yesterday and see it dropped to 15000 today. How about a little extra credit for those who all ready bagged the 20K?

Edited by DOMV2, 10 September 2019 - 06:46 PM.

#78 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 10 September 2019 - 09:49 PM

Finished everything else with 7,500 ms for the big goal. Nope, not doing that. Not at 20k, not at 15k.

#79 arcana75

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 10 September 2019 - 11:23 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 10 September 2019 - 09:01 AM, said:

Appreciated but I feel you shouldn't have done that. Do you want to give people stuff, or want people to play then earn stuff? If some people like me can't afford the time to do it, then we don't. We're adults we (should) make adult decisions.

Dropping it to 15k is just a slippery slope. Now you have people asking for extra rewards for the delta, creating a new problem from a solution to a non-problem. If you can drop it to 15k, why stop there, let's do 10k. Or just give the thing for playing 1 match. If the flex is based on the # of support tickets received, are we now going to toy with other tougher requirements like 500 match score, headshots, etc?

#80 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 11 September 2019 - 03:22 AM

there is a meme somewhere about PGI lowering the bar, there has to be.

honestly though the players who can finish these events are not often the players who actually need the stuff, surely?
but lowering the bar kindof doesn't smell good either...

thanks for the stuff PGI, thanks for feeding the player base etc, it is good to get games.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users