how about another get schooled event round 2

#82 iamredleader

• PipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 55 posts
  • LocationAmstelveen

Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:24 AM

Perhaps I am being too simplistic; but the "problem" with "everybody" in Tier 1 ?
Reset the whole ELO / tier system. And make it a full month of everybody tier-less. Then, based on the available data, allow a flat spread across all tiers. Top 20% of the October month? You're all in Tier 1. Next 20%? Tier 2. And so forth.

Sure, there's plenty of disadvantages. But at the same time: grinding through to a higher tier will not work quite so effectively. And you can "jump" after a month because you're better than the tier you were in before.

All the salt and "but this won't work because-" reasons below please! :)

#83 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 325 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 11 September 2019 - 10:20 AM

View PostAppogee, on 10 September 2019 - 01:36 PM, said:

Appreciated... though 15000 is still a lot of match score to accumulate in 7 days.

Last time I checked, the average match score across the playerbase was 250. (I suspect it's even a little lower now.) And since then, Faction Play Match Scores have been significantly lowered due to the cumulative effect of the removal of the 'surviving Mechs' bonus and the broader reduction in damage from destroying components.

An average match score of 250 would require 60 matches across 7 days, or about 9 per day.

Each FP match takes up to a half hour. But there's also the half hour wait to start getting matches... if you get a match at all. (One night last week, 12 of us I waited in queue for 1.75 hours but didn't get a single match.) So it's quite variable. But even assuming a robust queue, it would require about 5 hours per day for 7 days to reach 15,000 Match Score.

It's quicker if one Quick Plays, where wait times are more like 5 minutes and matches more like 10. So that would be more like 2.5 hours per day. However, Quick Play is kind of intolerable now that everyone is in Tier 1, and the matchmaker cannot know which players are competent and which are not. So I just can't bring myself to QP any more.

Anyway, this is all just feedback. If you could extend the duration of the event it would help address the issue I've raised.

TLDR: Many regular customers play FP, where Match Score has recently been made harder to accumulate. Extending the duration of the event would help them reach the 15,000 target.

OMG dude, it's called a 'challenge' for a reason. I did my 20,000, and I did it in 3-4 days...? 7 days being too tight for 15,000? Come on. Look at it as an opportunity to get lots of bonus XP for the mechs you're skilling up. I just alternated between my top match-score mechs (COR-7A, etc.) and the heroes etc that I really wanted to master.

I thought 20,000 was just fine. I'm a mediocre/slightly-above-average player, and I got it done.

Edited by Renzor the Red, 11 September 2019 - 10:21 AM.

#84 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 11:12 AM

Lowering the bar for free MC (or mechs, or mech bays, or whatever) all the time does NOT encourage people to ever spend actual dollars on the MC packs. I haven't had the need to actually purchase even a $6.95 pack since December 18, 2018.

Edited by Dee Eight, 11 September 2019 - 11:17 AM.

#85 K4I 4LL4RD LI4O

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 78 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 11:20 AM

Just One others question. Does anyone know if there will be a loyalty program this year?

#86 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 11 September 2019 - 11:38 AM

View PostK4I 4LL4RD LI4O, on 11 September 2019 - 11:20 AM, said:

Just One others question. Does anyone know if there will be a loyalty program this year?

Its not looking that way. Better chance of getting an answer on this by asking one of the NGNG=TV streamers....

#87 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 11 September 2019 - 01:14 PM

View PostRenzor the Red, on 11 September 2019 - 10:20 AM, said:

OMG dude, it's called a 'challenge' for a reason.

As I explained, FP matches take a lot longer to get, and now yield less match score per minute played than the equivalent time spent in QP. If I miss out on 15,000 match score because, despite playing daily, I haven't had anywhere near enough hours of playing, then so be it. As I said, I was just providing feedback to Matt, particularly on the impact of the match score changes to FP.

#88 Lexandro Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undertaker
  • The Undertaker
  • 108 posts
  • LocationHungary, Budapest

Posted 11 September 2019 - 09:42 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 10 September 2019 - 09:01 AM, said:

Lowered the criteria for the "Somehow you Graduated" challenge from 20,000 to 15,000 due to support ticket requests and forum feedback.

Matt, could you extend the event's time by a few days? Say Sunday night? 😀

Thanks...

#89 Satans Pooper

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 37 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 09:13 AM

There is a missed opportunity here.

Why no rewards for doing something in the Mechwarrior Academy?

There are zombieturretmechs there that will rain lurms on your head for days. Just keep walking across either bridge into the BattleSpace

Matt, I suggest you do something with this underutilized space. Like an AMS challenge or a DAM challenge in that potato PVE environment. The achievements/rewards earned there as a noob are easily forgotten about by us Old Fogeys at this point. Remind us that the Academy is there so we can tell Captain Adams where to stuff it.

#90 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 01:24 PM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 09 September 2019 - 09:53 PM, said:

it's not since the last patch, the heat bug crops up every now and then. Had it yesterday and saw another player with the same problem after I died. He even got stuck in terrain. IIRC it's a server desync that causes this.

Hmm... weird stuff, but thanks for explaining what's going on :)

This was the first time I have ever experienced this silly bug!

The only out-of-sync kind of thing I see very rarely is the timer that does the countdown jumping from 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3 to 8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1,0 suddenly... Posted Image

View PostMatt Newman, on 10 September 2019 - 09:01 AM, said:

Lowered the criteria for the "Somehow you Graduated" challenge from 20,000 to 15,000 due to support ticket requests and forum feedback.

IMHO the 20K was fine, but I found out about the Event a bit late so I am glad you changed it! :D

OMG dude, it's called a 'challenge' for a reason. I did my 20,000, and I did it in 3-4 days...? 7 days being too tight for 15,000? Come on. Look at it as an opportunity to get lots of bonus XP for the mechs you're skilling up. I just alternated between my top match-score mechs (COR-7A, etc.) and the heroes etc that I really wanted to master.

I thought 20,000 was just fine. I'm a mediocre/slightly-above-average player, and I got it done.

100% AGREE with the above :)

If you play the game as you should and the whole team works together with good mechs and good loadouts, then any reasonable MWO Player should be able to burn through the 20K Match Score without any issue! Posted Image Posted Image

#91 Cloudfisher

• Pip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 02:54 PM

Missed on the final reward with 86%, it's hard to rack up enough hours for a hard-working individual. A time extend would be welcome.

Edited by Cloudfisher, 12 September 2019 - 02:58 PM.

#92 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 05:46 PM

View PostCloudfisher, on 12 September 2019 - 02:54 PM, said:

Missed on the final reward with 86%, it's hard to rack up enough hours for a hard-working individual. A time extend would be welcome.

Ended at 55% for me. Meh, no biggie. While it is "free", to me it's a computation of my time versus the reward, and the planets didn't align this time.

#93 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 12 September 2019 - 09:03 PM

Two accounts, Combined match scores were in excess of 27,000 and I only started playing the event after a third of the total time allotted had elapsed. I also finished leveling 7 mechs including two I bought during the event.

Edited by Dee Eight, 12 September 2019 - 09:04 PM.

#94 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 13 September 2019 - 06:06 AM

MAN, all I needed was 3 Kills or KMDD!

Edited by Bolo Atari, 13 September 2019 - 06:07 AM.

#95 Mighty Spike

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,589 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 13 September 2019 - 07:19 AM

Will there be a new Event this weekend or can we have that one extended over the wekend please? Have time to play this weekend and playing with getting goodys is always good thing

Edited by Mighty Spike, 13 September 2019 - 07:20 AM.

#96 Paladin IIC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Carnivore
  • The Carnivore
  • 118 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 09:40 AM

View PostMighty Spike, on 13 September 2019 - 07:19 AM, said:

Will there be a new Event this weekend or can we have that one extended over the wekend please? Have time to play this weekend and playing with getting goodys is always good thing

What he said. Would be nice to have another event, keeps me motivated to continue playing.

#97 Eurystheus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 131 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 09:49 AM

I agree. Another event. And how about an MC sale?

#98 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 13 September 2019 - 11:36 AM

View PostPaladin IIC, on 13 September 2019 - 09:40 AM, said:

What he said. Would be nice to have another event, keeps me motivated to continue playing.

Woah woah woah ... external rewards are needed to play a video game?

#99 Cloudfisher

• Pip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 September 2019 - 12:27 PM

View PostBolo Atari, on 13 September 2019 - 11:36 AM, said:

Woah woah woah ... external rewards are needed to play a video game?

Yeah, unacceptable, totally unheard of in the modern online gaming!

#100 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 13 September 2019 - 01:29 PM

I see you missed the point Appogee, was pointing out.
At the times I play, I might be able to get a FP 1-3 matches, then go a day or more before getting another match in FP there has been times no FP for over a week, . QP there is no issue reaching 20000 match score

The point was, for those that are just here for FP, have a more difficult challenge reaching some requirements, that is not a issue or problem in QP.
If matches in FP were half as easy to get going as QP (again depending hours available to play) 20000 match score would not had been a issue.

the drop to 15000 made it easy for me to complete it with 4 alts,in QP, and one day I didn't even log in, but if I had tried in FP, may not had even finished with one Pilot, because there just was no FP matches at the times I log in

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users