#21 DAEDALOS513

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Flame
  • The Flame
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationArea 52

Posted 23 September 2019 - 08:51 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 22 September 2019 - 01:39 AM, said:

i see increasing the conquest cap goal as a completely separate thing to better make use of the mode. its not maximizing the game clock nor the drop decks. something that should totally be done so that conquest doesn't come to an early climax.

Increasing win counter will do just that.. it gives the losing side more opportunity to make a comeback.. i've seen comeback's late in this game mode where people (for some unknown reason) bring lights in their 3rd and 4th wave.. usually it's too late by then but with a beefed up counter those teams will have a better chance to make that comeback..

Edited by DAEDALOS513, 23 September 2019 - 08:54 AM.

#22 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 09:08 AM

View PostDAEDALOS513, on 23 September 2019 - 08:51 AM, said:

Increasing win counter will do just that.. it gives the losing side more opportunity to make a comeback.. i've seen comeback's late in this game mode where people (for some unknown reason) bring lights in their 3rd and 4th wave.. usually it's too late by then but with a beefed up counter those teams will have a better chance to make that comeback..

i only mean that it is a completely separate issue from "too much conquest" (which is really "not enough siege"). fp conquest is a fun mode but it can be improved by increasing the counter. fp conquest is still way better than fp domination where a single aggressive push early in the match by once side can end the game on the first wave.

Edited by LordNothing, 23 September 2019 - 09:10 AM.

#23 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 09:16 AM

View PostCharles Sennet, on 23 September 2019 - 05:19 AM, said:

I agree with you on most of this. Incursion and Assault are like Skirmish with the risk of base-rushing which is too easy and not fun (ironically assault is harder to "base rush" than incursion but both modes should die).

Skirmish itself is fine as long as snipe and narc-lurm maps (caustic, polar, alpine) are on low rotation.

Domination's problem is timer management. In Quick Play its a great mode because it encourages faster fights and prevents a team from chasing one last light for 10 minutes. In Faction Play, Domination is bad because teams just want to fight more and not yell "get out of the circle" so they can.

Conquest is different for sure. Not the different I like at all but I recognize that some people like it. Of course, as many have said, it needs a higher ticket win condition. But right now Conquest just happens far too often (almost like its the main mode in FP which it shouldn't be) hence the many, many complaints of late.

If Conquest must stay then here's my suggested game mode rotation:

Siege: 50% (6 maps with Boreal on low rotation, the eventual addition of Hold Territory and Counter Attack Modes late ron, and attacking/defending sides randomized). FP vets who love Siege have a 50% chance of getting their favorite mode so even if they only have a little time they are likely to get at least one.

Skirmish: 40% (12 maps with Polar, Alpine, and Caustic on low rotation because getting 5 narc-lurm/snipe maps in a row is not fun)

Conquest: 10% (12 maps with Polar, Alpine, and Caustic on low rotation)

Something like this will work. Can tweak the Skirmish/Conquest slider a bit maybe.

i wouldn't mind if it was just siege, conquest and skirmish in equal parts. which is still a lot more siege than currently.

though i wouldnt mind seige at 40%, 30% conquest, and the remaining 30% split between the remaining skirmish-alike modes equally. but any proportion of siege is better than zero, which is what im currently seeing in the game.

Edited by LordNothing, 23 September 2019 - 09:17 AM.

#24 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts
  • LocationCurrently obscured by ECM

Posted 23 September 2019 - 09:24 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 23 September 2019 - 09:16 AM, said:

i wouldn't mind if it was just siege, conquest and skirmish in equal parts. which is still a lot more siege than currently.

though i wouldnt mind seige at 40%, 30% conquest, and the remaining 30% split between the remaining skirmish-alike modes equally. but any proportion of siege is better than zero, which is what im currently seeing in the game.

I agree that 33% each is better than what we have now (giving us more Siege) but before we go there the ticket thing needs addressing. Really Conquest should come off until that happens.

Since Siege only has 6 maps and Skirmish and Conquest have 12, there would need to be a weighting applied to the maps in their % chance of occurring if the three modes are simultaneously available in the phase.

BTW, there are some Skirmish maps that I love to play in FP such as HPG Manifold. Perhaps the more popular maps could be on higher rotation in their respective mode. For example, % chance on mode, then % +/- chance on map (- to Polar, Alpine, Boreal, and Caustic, + to what people like based on FP player polling).

Edited by Charles Sennet, 23 September 2019 - 09:25 AM.

#25 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,771 posts

Posted 23 September 2019 - 10:19 AM

i dont think conquest is so broke that it needs to be removed from rotation pending a timer increase. its still good for 2 mechs and 15-20 minuites of play. if it ends in the first 10 minutes its because one side or the other isnt capping while the other side is aggressively capping. conquest is not so much about capping as map control. you not only have to cap things but block the enemy, deny then access to safe routes to objectives. its a lot better than 5 minute domination games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users