Weekend Warrior Event

69 replies to this topic

#21 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 14 September 2019 - 06:26 AM

at least your throwing us a small bone with the MC rewards. After a week of grinding, I should at least have a mech of my chose with skills thrown in or equivalent MC rewards to purchase said asset. Now that is something that would attract some attention.

Sadly, you guys aren't that serious about bringing in players. This isn't much different than previous events which didn't draw enough mechwarriors that occurred YEARS ago. What do you player counts show during these events compared to those past ones?
step up your game. be generous. Your community deserves it after grinding as much as we already have.

Edited by Deathshade, 14 September 2019 - 06:27 AM.

#22 K4I 4LL4RD LI4O

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 78 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 06:56 AM

Where is the Loyalty Program for 2019???? And don't tell me it is not happening because MW5 is in the works!!!

#23 The Man with the Plan

• PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 07:55 AM

Thank you Posted Image
Was wanting an event this weekend.

Edited by The Man with the Plan, 14 September 2019 - 07:55 AM.

#24 Hier koennte Ihre Werbung stehen

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 08:46 AM

View PostDeathshade, on 14 September 2019 - 06:26 AM, said:

at least your throwing us a small bone with the MC rewards. After a week of grinding, I should at least have a mech of my chose with skills thrown in or equivalent MC rewards to purchase said asset. Now that is something that would attract some attention.

Sadly, you guys aren't that serious about bringing in players. This isn't much different than previous events which didn't draw enough mechwarriors that occurred YEARS ago. What do you player counts show during these events compared to those past ones?
step up your game. be generous. Your community deserves it after grinding as much as we already have.

"At least you're ...." ;)
You deserve this because you played the game?
Which world you are living in?
What kind of logic is there behind "Hey, i played your game (which did not cost me any money) for xx hours, now give me XY rewards (that could be bought for real money). Cause if you don't give me some cool prices (stuff i would have to spend real money for) i won't play your game (which did not cost me any money)"

NIce event, thanks. Completed the Assault section, very happy about the rewards.

#25 Sigmar Sich

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 14 September 2019 - 09:28 AM

View PostDeathshade, on 14 September 2019 - 06:26 AM, said:

Sadly, you guys aren't that serious about bringing in players. This isn't much different than previous events which didn't draw enough mechwarriors that occurred YEARS ago.

I agree. While i really appreciate what Matt is doing, after a year or two these events no longer hold much gravity. They simply became a new mundane routine.
If i didn't need one last engine for my CW decks, i wouldn't be bothering with the event, even with such good prizes.

Change of scenery is needed ASAP. PGI, make at least month of FP events, and see how it goes. Like you have anything to lose, anyway.

P.S. Not just "get X kills in FP", but different scenarios, with different maps and maybe tonnages, each day.

P.P.S. Your recent lack of communication in FP subforum also does not help to stop players from leaving. Maybe poke Paul with a stick, or something.

#26 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 10:25 AM

While i appreciate the events you can notice the lack of effort put into them.

View PostApollo777, on 14 September 2019 - 06:05 AM, said:

I think it was better 5 kills/kmdd and 20 kill assists for light, 10 kills/kmdd and 30 kill assists for medium, 15 kills/kmdd and 40 kill assists for heavy and 20 kills/kmdd and 50 kill assists for assault.

Worst of all most objectives of this event depend on your teammates, which are 95% TIER5 with ****** builds and no skill whatsoever.
50 kill assists while being stomped 2:12 every match ...
2 victories while being stomped 2:12 every match ... all evening ...
Please just use personal skill for your events, like kill, KMDD, damage, components destroyed, UAV detection etc. I just began with the light mech challenge and after 5 games i have 16 kills, 1.600 damage, 4 assists and 0 victorys.
And Matt it´s not that hard to think about relations between the objectives. I mean 20 kills and only 500 damage? 25 damage per kill? Really?
50 kill assists is a joke without a working MM. Which isn´t your fault, cause there are simply not enough players. I only blame Russ for this situation.
2 victories is a pain in the ***, when you leave the game with 3 solo kills, 4 kills and 700 damage in a light mech, but your team looses cause half of the team didn´t even reach 100 damage (in assault mechs Posted Image ) and the rest has hardly 2-300 damage.

#27 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 14 September 2019 - 11:08 AM

View PostPeppaPig, on 14 September 2019 - 05:43 AM, said:

Yet another grindfest - no thanks.

Only when you're not playing the game or don't want/need the rewards ;)

Seriously, just play. Have fun.

#28 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 14 September 2019 - 04:40 PM

Come on now all you haters, this is clearly a faction play event because you can play faction play while playing for the event.

#29 Cloudfisher

• Pip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 06:29 PM

Hurray, a new challenge! Thank you, devs, I hope I will beat this one.

#30 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 14 September 2019 - 09:46 PM

View PostApollo777, on 14 September 2019 - 06:05 AM, said:

I think it was better 5 kills/kmdd and 20 kill assists for light

Getting 20 light kkmd is basically the longest part of this event... if using your light as the 4th mech of your FP deck anyway :)

View PostNathan White, on 14 September 2019 - 04:09 AM, said:

31st Oct 2018 - date of last faction play event.

Guys, I just saw another premade kill both sides of the FP queue with their stomps for the day again : If PGI does a FP event, it will definitely be farmed to the bone by those premades, and MWO will end up with less new players then it started with.

So a FP event is definitely not recommended, ever, unless that FP event includes switching off FP group mechanics for the duration of that event.

Specially don't go ruining any Halloween event by including any FP requirement in it, at least nothing beyond "play a single FP game".

#31 GrimmigerPetz

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 152 posts
  • LocationBavaria, Germany

Posted 15 September 2019 - 12:06 AM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 14 September 2019 - 09:46 PM, said:

Getting 20 light kkmd is basically the longest part of this event... if using your light as the 4th mech of your FP deck anyway Posted Image

Guys, I just saw another premade kill both sides of the FP queue with their stomps for the day again : If PGI does a FP event, it will definitely be farmed to the bone by those premades, and MWO will end up with less new players then it started with.

So a FP event is definitely not recommended, ever, unless that FP event includes switching off FP group mechanics for the duration of that event.

Specially don't go ruining any Halloween event by including any FP requirement in it, at least nothing beyond "play a single FP game".

I am not sure which premade you ran into, as MJ12 is mostly only 3-5 players at the same time often others will ask to join the group which doesn´t make it a premade per se more like a lose group that offers a ts channel to gather.

To be honest I think this is the way faction should be handled as it is a highly team orientated mode. If you drop alone there is always the risk to run into a skilled group. Search your friendslist, befriend decent or good players, go on comms, great groups.
And don´t all bring lurms but faction fitted mech loadouts.

When we see one side is overpowered we tend to switch sides to even this out a little if it is possible.

Just to say premades are killing faction is way to simplyfied for my opinion as groups and units are what it was made for originaly.

o7 and see you on the battlefield

#32 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 15 September 2019 - 06:39 AM

View PostHier koennte Ihre Werbung stehen, on 14 September 2019 - 08:46 AM, said:

"At least you're ...." Posted Image
You deserve this because you played the game?
Which world you are living in?
What kind of logic is there behind "Hey, i played your game (which did not cost me any money) for xx hours, now give me XY rewards (that could be bought for real money). Cause if you don't give me some cool prices (stuff i would have to spend real money for) i won't play your game (which did not cost me any money)"

NIce event, thanks. Completed the Assault section, very happy about the rewards.

It is obvious to anyone that has been playing this game for years. The player base is suffering and it comes down to how serious PGI is about changing that. Historically they have shown that they aren't ready to push the FREE button. At all. Ever. Even if the game is dying. MW5 *cough* *cough* Posted Image

Yes. Events and Rewards are awesome. They have also become the life blood that is keeping MWO alive. So does PGI wanna give us a fountain or just a small IV drip?

The events are completely automated now. It has become easy to create as Matt has shown. That is a lot of potential power in how this game draw players. On how the game can flow for us diehard Faction players . . . He could essentially run a whole series of planetary campaigns until the Battle of Tukayyid.
here is link to the last Tukayyid Event -- Edit

It would be for the Faction mode only but the event would keep track of how many mechs were destroyed or how much a particular game mode was successful for one Faction/Side. That event could even essentially give you free mechs as salvage when you individually reached a goal in that event. There are so many ways to go about that when you have your potential finger on the reward button. You guys really need to grab an old Battletech GM to give you ideas.

Edited by Deathshade, 15 September 2019 - 07:11 AM.

#33 Sigmar Sich

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 15 September 2019 - 07:37 AM

More so, the Tukayyid suggestion was already written and open to discussion, so PGI don't have to start from scratch, digging through lore and scenario rulebooks.

#34 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 07:41 AM

View PostGrimmigerPetz, on 15 September 2019 - 12:06 AM, said:

Yes these days it's more of a gathering of small premades then a full premade, or even just a group of random players that happens to be too strong for what's available in the queue, whether each one of those players was hand selected or not...

And it's specially noticeable when there's only enough players to fill one match, which means once the stomped team stops queuing against the same group for the same result, it does spell an early end of the FP matches for that day.

And although I do believe that those groups are more about making old players stay then making new players join... this time what I was saying is that there's no FP event those groups can't ruin, so MWO is better off not making any.

Strong groups could and should have been a strong end-game addition to MWO, if only there was a separate queue for solo players and grouped players, which there isn't... But as things are those groups aren't looking for a challenge, as much as for a complete lack of challenge.

Where do LRMs fit into that ? FP groups close down the FP queue early almost daily, while LRMs don't.

Again, the focus here is on MWO being better off without FP events, and not on MWO being better off without the existence of groups or LRMs.

#35 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 15 September 2019 - 02:37 PM

Weekend + quick play + damage farming event...Yay!

#36 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 15 September 2019 - 09:15 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 13 September 2019 - 06:14 PM, said:

the halloween event is always loot bags...

Just because you don't believe in Father Christmas doesn't mean you have to ruin Halloween for everyone else, ya GRINCH !!!

Also I'm sorry to say that unfortunately this year there won't be a Halloween event on MWO, because Dee Eight stole it !

#37 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 16 September 2019 - 06:16 AM

60% of challenges done. Looking forward to close the last 40% this time in time. ;)

#38 Horrus

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 06:42 AM

Nice event but kills/kmdd thems buggy today some games dont give no kills/kmdd from matches to event

#39 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 439 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 16 September 2019 - 07:44 AM

Some sort of Grouped only event.
Be it FP or QP, i miss the coordinated games.

#40 Roodkapje

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 577 posts

Posted 16 September 2019 - 09:18 AM

Thank you for the Event!Posted Image
Thank you for the MC we can win! Posted Image

But... please... PLEASE... don't ever use WINS as an requirement ever again!Posted Image

Everything and I do mean EVERYTHING else is easier than getting wins in MWO Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users