Jump to content

Mechwarrior 5 Mercenaries Ama #10


57 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

    Member

  • Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,253 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 01:12 PM



MECHWARRIOR 5 MERCENARIES AMA #10

Topic: MW5 General AMA

When: Wednesday, October 9th
Session 1: @10AM PDT // 5PM UTC
Session 2: @6PM PDT // 1AM UTC

Where: MW5 Community Discord AMA Voice & Text Channel

Who will be there?
Russ Bullock - PGI President


#2 Charger1495

    Rookie

  • Bad Company
  • 2 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 04 October 2019 - 01:22 PM

Any new gameplay videos/HUD/UI to show us?

#3 ExoForce

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 707 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 04 October 2019 - 01:41 PM

ignore this post

Edited by ExoForce, 04 October 2019 - 01:41 PM.


#4 Mighty Spike

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 5,043 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationHoly Beer City of Munich

Posted 04 October 2019 - 01:49 PM

View PostCharger1495, on 04 October 2019 - 01:22 PM, said:

Any new gameplay videos/HUD/UI to show us?


^THISx1000000

#5 Hellfire666

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 02:29 PM

STILL WAITING FOR THAT SCREEN SHOT OF THE MECH LAB RUSS!!!

#6 Gannycus

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 03:34 PM

When is the MOD AMA Session?

#7 xX Befallen Xx

    Rookie

  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 04:37 PM

Huh, they just posted this and my MWO crashed. Someone at PGI get a little Alt+F4 happy?

#8 crazytimes

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 278 posts

Posted 04 October 2019 - 06:59 PM

Can someone ask for me:

"Seeing as the Fortnite community completely rejected the mech in Fortnite, how does that impact the financial projections that the move to epic and the Fortnite tie-in were supposed to improve on?"

#9 OZHomerOZ

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 02:01 AM

Is the Closed Beta still on schedule?

#10 Dar1ngOne

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,138 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPerth ,WA

Posted 05 October 2019 - 02:04 AM

Wow Russ, Thanks for the beta demo. It looks great and plays better.

Mech-cellent!

#11 Nesutizale

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 02:22 AM

View Postcrazytimes, on 04 October 2019 - 06:59 PM, said:

Can someone ask for me:

"Seeing as the Fortnite community completely rejected the mech in Fortnite, how does that impact the financial projections that the move to epic and the Fortnite tie-in were supposed to improve on?"

Fortnite and MW5 have nothing to do with each other. The move to Epic was that MW5 was supposed to be on the store frontpage longer/more visible then on steam.

From just looking at the shop that allready backfired. At the beginning MW5 was close to games like Borderlands or other bigger titles what would have given them some exposure while people would search for these games but now its down there with the indi titles.

#12 crazytimes

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 278 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 12:32 PM

View PostNesutizale, on 05 October 2019 - 02:22 AM, said:

Fortnite and MW5 have nothing to do with each other. The move to Epic was that MW5 was supposed to be on the store frontpage longer/more visible then on steam.


Yeah, it is absolutely 100% co-incidental that Fortnite had a mech for season 10, which released almost the same day as MW5 was announced as going to epic. There is zero chance that there was an effort to leverage a small portion of Epics largest community into a new deal they had just made.

Epstein was a suicide too right?

#13 OZHomerOZ

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 2,157 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 12:48 PM

Mmm
I am kinda of hoping MW5 will be EPIC

I have one question, since the game has no difficulty settings, will their be cheat codes if the game is too hards and steering wheel support if the game is too easy.

Humble respectfull thanks

View PostDar1ngOne, on 05 October 2019 - 02:04 AM, said:

Wow Russ, Thanks for the beta demo. It looks great and plays better.

Mech-cellent!


GIVEME NAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (shakes fist)

I admit, that was two questions

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 05 October 2019 - 12:50 PM.


#14 Nesutizale

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 01:17 PM

View Postcrazytimes, on 05 October 2019 - 12:32 PM, said:

Yeah, it is absolutely 100% co-incidental that Fortnite had a mech for season 10, which released almost the same day as MW5 was announced as going to epic. There is zero chance that there was an effort to leverage a small portion of Epics largest community into a new deal they had just made.
Epstein was a suicide too right?


It takes month to create new stuff for a game from idea to concept to building and testing to finaly implentation. Fortnites creators started working on the new mech, mode and all that came with it most likely long before MW5 was even a topic.
Also Epic refused a deal the first time PGI asked so its even less likely that MW5 had anything to do with Fortnites development of the new mode that came along with the mech.

#15 crazytimes

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 278 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 01:43 PM

View PostNesutizale, on 05 October 2019 - 01:17 PM, said:


It takes month to create new stuff for a game from idea to concept to building and testing to finaly implentation. Fortnites creators started working on the new mech, mode and all that came with it most likely long before MW5 was even a topic.
Also Epic refused a deal the first time PGI asked so its even less likely that MW5 had anything to do with Fortnites development of the new mode that came along with the mech.


So... you mean months back, when questions were first being raised what happened to the MW5 references to steam on the FAQ page? Like, the exact timeline that everyone on the forums seems to be aware of?

#16 Nesutizale

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 1,627 posts

Posted 05 October 2019 - 02:29 PM

Rough translation from an german article on that:

Quote

Epic Games had scheduled the 'Mechs in Fortnite. The robots belonged to the story and should serve a purpose. The community was not at all excited about this plan.

What should the 'Mechs in the game? Epic Games had a plan for the 'Mechs right from the start. They should be part of the story that is usually told in the background.


So they where planed since 2017, long before there was even talk about MW5 beeing on Epic or not.
Also have you seen the Borderlands crossover? That is what it looks like when they want to service another game.

#17 Dee Eight

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 5,891 posts

Posted 06 October 2019 - 10:44 AM

Fortnite has new feature in every season... the mech suit was just the latest in a long line of goofy additions they've tried.

#18 Wing 0

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 782 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 06 October 2019 - 10:55 AM

I have no interest in listening to whatever garbage that PGI is going to have at this AMA. The last AMA when they decided to stab us in the back by going epic fail store exclusivity was the last straw.

Edited by Wing 0, 06 October 2019 - 10:55 AM.


#19 Aidan Crenshaw

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 979 posts

Posted 06 October 2019 - 02:23 PM

technically, that wasn't the last AMA, though.

#20 Dar1ngOne

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,138 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationPerth ,WA

Posted 06 October 2019 - 11:22 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 04 October 2019 - 01:12 PM, said:




Where: MW5 Community Discord AMA Voice & Text Channel





View PostOZHomerOZ, on 05 October 2019 - 12:48 PM, said:


GIVEME NAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (shakes fist)



tee hee Oz, you and your fisting antics. But hey I need your technical help getting onto the PGI server.

I grabbed my mobile phone USB cable and sat on it. I am on "this cord" now. right?

Edited by Dar1ngOne, 06 October 2019 - 11:22 PM.






2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users