Am I The Onlyone Who Think Mw5:mercenaries Smell So Bad

29 replies to this topic

#1 Infernowar

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 10:34 AM

Because this things:

-60 days for launch and we haven´t got images, or videos about the gameplay, except old videos, or teasers with no real gameplay Is CRAZY! Where is the oficial publicity to show the game and find potential clients.

-I repeat 60 days!!! i cant belive, the official youtube channel last video is from almost 1 year ago!!!!

-The game page in Epic store have 4 trailer , from 2016/2017/2018..... OMG, seriously? They want us to buy a game in the store and what they show me is a trailer from 4 years ago!!!! FOUR YEARS! Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

I was almost surprised not to see the 2009 trailer on the Epic game page

Games with low budget show much more content, and information about the development of what is shown here, but they make videos for you to reserve the super edition of the community.... buy something without knowing anything.

-A game announced 10 years ago,It is evident that the development has suffered from major problems

-Not even the game has its official forum, they use the forum of another older game. What image are you giving of your product when you don't even have something like that....

-Why so much secrecy ? When showing photos of your product is what will publicize your game and generate hype. I would understand in a game that has little development, but 60 days after its launch ....

I LOVE , Battletech, ABSOLUTLY LOVE like all of you, but this smell so so so bad.

So don't see me as a hater, or a flamer, because I just want to have a great game for me and for all, and enjoy playing. But you must admit, it is very rare that 60 days after launch we have almost nothing.

Edited by Infernowar, 08 October 2019 - 10:39 AM.

#2 Knight Captain Morgan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 340 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 10:38 AM

There was that solitary tweet from epic games store when preorders were available which got a ton of anti mech replies from fort nite players. I guess that’s what Russ meant when he said epic would offer better visibility than steam.

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,798 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 11:55 AM

View PostKnight Captain Morgan, on 08 October 2019 - 10:38 AM, said:

There was that solitary tweet from epic games store when preorders were available which got a ton of anti mech replies from fort nite players. I guess that’s what Russ meant when he said epic would offer better visibility than steam.

last thing we need is a game full of kiddies who think that minecraft is a game for old fogies. pgi is only off on the age of their target audience by about 3 decades.

#4 JediPanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,070 posts
  • LocationLost in my C1

Posted 08 October 2019 - 12:34 PM

Your first post. Well let me put pgi's marketing strategy in perspective for you. It was only because I found a random video for the founder's program that I even knew of mwo those 7-8 years ago. My only other bt/mw experience before that was the craptacular 16bit snes/genesis games.

To put their whole marketing dept in a sentence: We posted a video;all done now for the beers. Meh.

#5 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 02:03 PM

if PGI showed how awful their game was even less people would buy it :P

So I dont blame them.

#6 MechaBattler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 03:24 PM

They claimed they were going to do 'one big push'. I guess that means only a month of exposure? I mean advertising takes time to reach as many people as possible. What the hell are they waiting for?

I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to pocket the money and just run out their license. It just better at least be playable and moddable.

#7 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 08 October 2019 - 04:17 PM

View PostKnight Captain Morgan, on 08 October 2019 - 10:38 AM, said:

Oh, it burns!!!

Posted Image

View PostKhobai, on 08 October 2019 - 02:03 PM, said:

if PGI showed how awful their game was even less people would buy it Posted Image

The pain!!!

Edited by Mystere, 08 October 2019 - 04:19 PM.

#8 GeminiWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 743 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 October 2019 - 04:20 PM

I went back and watched the YouTube of Russ playing at Mechcon and that game does not appeal to me at all. I really dislike the 1980's Nintendo still graphic picture of the person talking to me with the text following as you are suppose to read it. I seem to remember live actors popping up and talking to you in previous MW games. I did not like the sound effects or how they dust clouded everything from the "destructible" buildings to cover up the fact they replaced the static object with flying debris as the dust clears...games today actually show the destruction in real time. Just the little bit of story line I heard while he was playing seemed very bland and uninteresting to me. Just my take on it

#9 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 04:51 PM

Well, battletech is full of bland and uninteresting stories lol.

I will reserve my judgement for release; I hope it's a decent game.

#10 Apache1990

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 93 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 05:13 PM

It would help a lot if they'd post the intro cinematic, at least. Unless they didn't make one, in which case it isn't even a MechWarrior game anymore.

#11 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 08 October 2019 - 06:52 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 08 October 2019 - 11:55 AM, said:

last thing we need is a game full of kiddies who think that minecraft is a game for old fogies. pgi is only off on the age of their target audience by about 3 decades.

Why would this matter?
We don't have to invite them to run co-op in our games.
Boosting numbers in MWO as a result of the expose to MW5 just being around?
Don't know if that would be a problem.

#12 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,798 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 07:14 PM

View Post50 50, on 08 October 2019 - 06:52 PM, said:

Why would this matter?
We don't have to invite them to run co-op in our games.
Boosting numbers in MWO as a result of the expose to MW5 just being around?
Don't know if that would be a problem.

its not, its a joke. much like the dev studio that makes our game. i dont see anyone laughing though (at my joke that is, everyone laughs at pgi).

Edited by LordNothing, 08 October 2019 - 07:15 PM.

#13 Asym

• Nova Captain
  • 2,186 posts

Posted 08 October 2019 - 07:36 PM

I am not playing it till well after the reviews come in.... I waited several years before I joined this game and it imploded shortly there after.....

In two years, it will either be something to play or not. I have little hope it will be the former....

#14 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 01:35 AM

Not doing some heavy advertisment at this point is realy strange. It gives you the feeling that the game isn't even in a presentable state or they fear that people will disect the footage and create lots of negativity.

Either way its a bad idea to be so silent....but then PGI was never one to be very talkative or open. At least not here in the forums. They did some meetings with fans and they seamed to have talked to some bigger untis from what I heard but overall....there are next to no communication skills at work it seams.

Also announceing a "party" at this point and time is just stupid. "Look we celebrate ourself with your money but you don't even get a new screenshot".
That is a slap in the face of everyone that stayed here, that even might have keept the preorder or who has spend money on MWO.
Cancel your fu... party until you put something out for the people that supported you.

Edited by Nesutizale, 09 October 2019 - 01:39 AM.

#15 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,444 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 09 October 2019 - 01:57 AM

I have to say I agree with OP..

The Marketing going into MW5 is atrocious.. They need to invest alot more into marketing, into hype-building, into flavor building..

Tell us about the game's world, tell us about the technologies used, tell us about everything that makes the game fun and cool and makes people wanna buy it.

Show us many videos, in-game cinematics, developer vlogs, mech spec brochures..

I know they are working on a budget, but they should REALLY take a few hints from Star Citizen.. Which has online brochures you can look at for almost every spaceship, and when you look at them you feel like you're IRL buying a yacht.

As a designer, believe me, it doesn't take many dev hours to put something like that together.. I do it for a living.. and I know.. if they wanted to do it, they could.

#16 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 09 October 2019 - 06:56 AM

PGI's advertising committee.
Posted Image

Edited by Novakaine, 09 October 2019 - 06:57 AM.

#17 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 09 October 2019 - 09:39 AM

Also, the separatist AMA's don't make much sense any more, when this close to launch you should be doing community wide awareness of your product to get more involvement and beg forgiveness to the customers you swindled at the MW5 announcement.

I didn't attend today's AMA because the last one I attended was frankly boring and very light on information, sounded like they had no idea what they were talking about.

#18 Dimento Graven

• Guillotine
  • Guillotine
  • 6,208 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 10:13 AM

I'm maintaining a 'naive optimism' on the release of MW5.

I'm really hoping I will be surprised at how good it is when released.

Despite the MANY faults that have LONG existed in MWO, many of which can be laid at the feet of the Crysis engine and the difficulty of doing certain things and the other issues related to MMO FPS netcode mechanics, I think a non-PvP, limited co-operative PvE game makes things a lot simpler and therefore provides PGI an opportunity to shine.

Here's their list of titles, to date (listing the IGN ranking as they are absolutely the most expensive to bribe to get extra points on the ranks):

So, y'know hoping that practice helps them get ever closer to doing it right.

Yeah PGI hasn't been known for making 'super great', uber 10 out of 10 type games, but if they can get it in the range of 7 or 8 out of 10, it'll be good enough until we get mod capabilities.

Harebrained Scheme'sBattleTech got a ranking of 7 out of 10, and it is absolutely entertaining and the mods available help kick it up, too.

#19 MechaBattler

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,119 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 11:39 AM

https://old.reddit.c...ref_source=link

Summary of the AMA on reddit.

#20 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 12:07 PM

Man, too bad about it being peer to peer. Press F for compelling large scale PVP.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users