51 replies to this topic

#41 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 08:09 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 15 October 2019 - 08:03 PM, said:

Unbearable how? Just 'cause they win flawlessly? You want them to play with a handicap?

They wouldnt be playing with a handicap though. A handicap is what the game already tries to do and fails at by taking tonnage away from bigger groups. But splitting a bigger group between two teams isnt imposing a handicap its simply balancing the two teams better in the first place so you dont need to impose additional handicaps like tonnage limits.

I dont know how you can call having better balanced teams a handicap. I guess it might make sense in a warped fragtastic mind sort of way...

Having two reasonably balanced teams is the only sane, level-headed expectation. As opposed to your absurd expectation that one team should constantly be able to stack a bunch of good players and be unbeatable.

Edited by Khobai, 15 October 2019 - 08:23 PM.

#42 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 15 October 2019 - 08:17 PM

View PostKhobai, on 15 October 2019 - 08:09 PM, said:

They wouldnt be playing with a handicap though. In fact the teams would be balanced better.

I dont know how you can call having better balanced teams a handicap. I guess it might make sense in a warped fragtastic mind sort of way...

I'm just asking questions based on your logic. You want the game to forcibly break teams apart, right? So, how does one decide that this is balanced when one sub-group has "better" players than the other in your mind? Let's face it.

#43 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 15 October 2019 - 10:33 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 15 October 2019 - 08:17 PM, said:

I'm just asking questions based on your logic.

Herein lies your issue. You're trying to argue against proven illogical thought. No facts or reason come into play here.

I've proven on many occasions now he has no idea what he is talking about. Each time you ask for a factual outline, he disappears and goes silent because one cannot refute cold hard facts. Especially when you don't understand the game because you haven't actually played it in years and purely make things up.

I mean look at comments like this:

View PostKhobai, on 15 October 2019 - 09:24 AM, said:

Allowing stacked teams in group queue and faction play is one of the main reasons (but far from the only reason) the game has lost so many solo/small group players in the last few years. .

Zero proof will exist, it'll never be backed up.

Groups were the main reason players quit... LOL. PROVE IT WHEN THERE IS A SOLO Q - Groups cannot affect anyone there!!!

So again, purely made up garbage.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 15 October 2019 - 10:41 PM.

#44 Novakaine

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationThe Republic of Texas

Posted 16 October 2019 - 07:03 PM

Ya bunch of sad sack way to hijack a thread.
Most of you are full of yourselves you'll go hungry.

#45 Sergeant Destroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 201 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 01:27 AM

Another Tank please...
With 2 huge guns and many missiles

#46 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 17 October 2019 - 02:42 AM

There'll be tanks and VTOLs in MW5 and with the moddability, "dangerous" tanks and VTOLs will be added. If MWO is still alive in 2 years time, then maybe it'll have vehicles as well. Who knows?

#47 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 03:26 AM

IF MW5 is good and IF there will be some dedicated modders I would suspect that it is more likely that in 2 years they will have found a way to create a sort of MWO 2.0 with private servers.

Wishfull thinking, I know. Maybe if MW5 makes enough money PGI will hopefully think again about porting MWO to MW5 so we can have a better performing engine and everything in one program.

#48 n00biwan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSomerset, UK...

Posted 17 October 2019 - 10:58 AM

I'd love combined arms mwo... but then I'd love planetside with mechs.

#49 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 19 October 2019 - 05:05 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 17 October 2019 - 03:26 AM, said:

IF MW5 is good and IF there will be some dedicated modders I would suspect that it is more likely that in 2 years they will have found a way to create a sort of MWO 2.0 with private servers.

Wishfull thinking, I know. Maybe if MW5 makes enough money PGI will hopefully think again about porting MWO to MW5 so we can have a better performing engine and everything in one program.

Adding netcode to a game that has none would be an achievement.

#50 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 06:33 AM

View PostSergeant Destroy, on 17 October 2019 - 01:27 AM, said:

Another Tank please...
With 2 huge guns and many missiles

I wonder if SJ Games would license OGRE to PGI...

#51 Sjorpha

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,475 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 19 October 2019 - 07:28 AM

View PostMystere, on 19 October 2019 - 05:05 AM, said:

Yeah, but it has been done before. The modding community for M&B has done it and even created persistent mmo worlds to play in despite the game only shipping with very basic p2p multiplayer. And that game is melee based which is much trickier in terms of lag than shooters. So it can definitely be done, and I expect it's easier to do with a well established engine like UE4.

The question is if MW5 will have a large and dedicated enough modding community to pull this off? The ambitious mods for HBS Battletech and the efforts put into MWLL might be good signs, moving the MWLL project to MW5 and UE4 would solve the whole copyright issue as well, no idea if there is any interest from them though.

#52 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 19 October 2019 - 07:30 AM

View PostMystere, on 19 October 2019 - 05:05 AM, said:

I am not a programmer so I can't say if its difficulte or not. As its the Unreal engine, doesn't it come with multiplayer code or at least can one be added from other unreal games?
Also the code for Coop play, can't that be a starting point to have at least a bigger PvE mode like 12 players vs 12 AI or is the coop code something completly different from what would be needed for PvP?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users