62 replies to this topic

#21 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 04:19 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 14 October 2019 - 02:17 PM, said:

Now if the MM utilized the avg MS of the last 300-500 games in Tier 1-3 and seeded drops that way... it would not really change anything. With no-respawn in QP, the team which uses a few mechs early will tend to have a difficult time recovering, ESPECIALLY if there is no actual communication/teamplay.

As for the forums... /shrugs...

Edit -- OP, what is your concern? You do not always play many games per month, and this and last month you definitely have more wins than loses. You can not win them all but 12-4 this month so far.. and 10-4 last month....???

Aka the player pool is crappier now that there is less people yes.
I play plenty each month, jarls doesn't track anything but quick play unfortunately.

#22 ShiverMeRivets

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 520 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 04:22 AM

The forums are dead because players who quit the game keep posting crap every day to tell everyone who still plays and every potential new player who happens to browse the boards how bad this game is, how much PGI sucks, and why MW5 is going to suck too.

Geez people, if you quit - QUIT! and don’t let the door hit you in the back.

#23 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 04:53 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 14 October 2019 - 06:44 PM, said:

Yeah it's so bad I haven't even played a match in SoloQ for 3 or so months. It's just divulged into the silliest of play and behaviour.

Done plenty of FP some GroupQ - Ain't no silly behaviour there, generally.

Exactly, lately the game can and usually does end within 2 to 3 minutes and it will be a 12-2 nearly every time. RIP if you care about your score when everyone does 350 damage.

#24 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 04:58 AM

View PostShiverMeRivets, on 15 October 2019 - 04:22 AM, said:

The forums are dead because players who quit the game keep posting crap every day to tell everyone who still plays and every potential new player who happens to browse the boards how bad this game is, how much PGI sucks, and why MW5 is going to suck too.

Geez people, if you quit - QUIT! and don’t let the door hit you in the back.

True, I'm not here to **** on PGI, just how crappy people play these days ;)
Too easy to ask about a unit and get better almost overnight.
Builds, twisting, targeting, etc.

#25 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 05:08 AM

View PostApache1990, on 14 October 2019 - 02:38 PM, said:

Wasn't tier based MM disabled now anyway for solo QP?

Well PGI has been mute on the subject for months... when they last spoke on it, we still had more than 30,000 active accounts per month in quickplay. Last month we were down to 14,834. They are definitely mixing across four tiers at the very least (whether its pulling a 1 down or moving a 4 upwards doesn't really matter when tier is meaningless to begin with).

#26 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 15 October 2019 - 05:35 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 15 October 2019 - 05:08 AM, said:

Well PGI has been mute on the subject for months... when they last spoke on it, we still had more than 30,000 active accounts per month in quickplay. Last month we were down to 14,834. They are definitely mixing across four tiers at the very least (whether its pulling a 1 down or moving a 4 upwards doesn't really matter when tier is meaningless to begin with).

I just proved that it has not been altered.

https://mwomercs.com...to-make-tier-3/

Stop saying otherwise.

#27 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 06:37 AM

Tier 3 in 3 games huh, woooooow, who woulda thunk ;)

#28 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 10:58 AM

The first 10 match up bonus also is a down bonus with losses... sure someone might briefly get to tier 3... but then you get stuck with three or four crap teams in a row and its solidly down to tier 5 again. Its the same problem duplicated in Solaris... your first ten matches in any division are the most important for your elo rating, which is why so many were cheating for free payouts from pgi trading wins between their accounts and alts.

Tiers and PSR were never designed though to be anything about actual skill though, case in point all the tier 1 and 2s who play hundreds of matches of the same terrible match scores matches month after month to the point they're now in some cases well past 10,000 total matches and they never show any signs of getting better. The tier system was meant to be this fake illusionary XP bar to convince F2P people to continue grinding matches so that there were players in the queues for the people who actually knew what they were doing to take advantage of. Many of those players posted in the forums regularly and proudly showed their Tier 1 on their profile, and you might see them on your team roster before a match begins, and if you never bothered to look up their stats... you would have no idea they're permanently terrible players and that its more likely your team is going to lose with them being on your side, than it is to win.

I really wish PGI displayed the player tiers in the match results... but I know they won't because it would clearly show all the times the matchmaker opened the valves to let in players which they claimed cannot be matched together, in order to form a match at all, not to mention how many terrible players are ranked at tiers they shouldn't be ranked at.

Edited by Dee Eight, 15 October 2019 - 11:20 AM.

#29 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 11:41 AM

Forums where never more active then back before the LRMs were nerfed into the ground...

There's just nothing left for top whiners to come whine about anymore, now that they forced PGI to make the weapons they favor reign supreme.

To make the forum more active we could always complain about having lost those all those forum whiners, then surely at least a small bunch of them would come crawling back to revive the forum with their rants again.

#30 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 15 October 2019 - 12:15 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 15 October 2019 - 11:41 AM, said:

Forums where never more active then back before the LRMs were nerfed into the ground...

There's just nothing left for top whiners to come whine about anymore, now that they forced PGI to make the weapons they favor reign supreme.

To make the forum more active we could always complain about having lost those all those forum whiners, then surely at least a small bunch of them would come crawling back to revive the forum with their rants again.

which weapons were made to reign supreme?

#31 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 12:36 PM

View PostHazeclaw, on 15 October 2019 - 12:15 PM, said:

which weapons were made to reign supreme?

The kind that can and does headshot you from over 1400m...

But more generally think direct fire, ~instant hit, low spread, twitch weapons.

#32 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 12:49 PM

Oh I see what dex means, the weapons that require skill to use

#33 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 15 October 2019 - 12:55 PM

View PostHumble Dexter, on 15 October 2019 - 12:36 PM, said:

there is no weapon in mwo that I know of that fits that description, can you please specifically state which weapons were made to reign supreme and what buff made them so? As far as I know basically every single weapon/playstyle in this game has been nerfed, then nerfed again, and then nerfed some more to increase TTK (except for the ones that were so terrible out of the box that nobody used them to begin with)

#34 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 01:45 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 15 October 2019 - 05:08 AM, said:

They are definitely mixing across four tiers at the very least

There is a two tier differential. Stop Tin Foiling.

View PostHumble Dexter, on 15 October 2019 - 12:36 PM, said:

Protip; You don't have to stand still to get locks, and you don't need locks to fire.

Headshot kills at that range are incredibly rare.

View PostHumble Dexter, on 15 October 2019 - 11:41 AM, said:

LRMs were buffed, ATMs are really strong when you don't use them like ER-LRMs

All of the weapons that top players prefer, and all of the higher skill ceiling playstyles have been nerfed to appease people like you.

Edited by Prototelis, 15 October 2019 - 01:53 PM.

#35 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 15 October 2019 - 02:25 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 15 October 2019 - 10:58 AM, said:

The first 10 match up bonus also is a down bonus with losses... .

Again another lie/false statement. I had a loss and my PSR didn't even go down. It's all in the video/testing.
They are not spreading 4 Tiers either. More false claims/lies.

Stop spreading totally clueless misinformation.

And it's funny you say people should not be in Tier 1, you should not be either based on your numbers. Tier 3 at best.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 15 October 2019 - 02:26 PM.

#36 Psycho Pirate

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 35 posts
  • LocationUnited States - Michigan

Posted 15 October 2019 - 08:28 PM

I'm a career Tier 4 pilot have been for roughly 2 years, Don't care about the Epic deal PGI made and I will still play MW5 when it comes out. MWO on the other hand has become rather dull and I have a hard time just getting the urge to even login and make drops as well as the wait time I've experienced from 30 seconds to 25 minutes, reminds me of the old CW.
When was the last update or change in the trial mechs, MW5 will be launching soon and PGI no longer needs its test platform or they have gone broke trying to finish MW5 that they can't afford MWO anymore.

#37 Yondu Udonta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • CS 2020 Gold Champ
  • 645 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 09:43 PM

I love the brown sea, reading all the stupid and laughing my head off is a good way to unwind.

#38 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 01:04 AM

View PostPsycho Pirate, on 15 October 2019 - 08:28 PM, said:

When was the last update or change in the trial mechs, MW5 will be launching soon and PGI no longer needs its test platform or they have gone broke trying to finish MW5 that they can't afford MWO anymore.

Do you mean update the selection available in-game, or updated the builds ? The former was changed I think 2 patches ago. The later well... virtually never. When PGI removed the "all armor +8" quirk from the Highlander IIC that had it, and which the champion version had been built around... they had to go back and re-jig the torso armor distribution since it had 0 real armor applied to the rear torsos (relying instead on the freebie +8 armor quirk). Now they offered no explanation for why they removed it, and for that matter ignored any questions on why it was put there in the first place when they quirked the highlander and orion IICs with defensive structure/armor quirks. When they nerfed the small pulse laser damages to make way for the pending heavy small lasers... they had to go back and change the champion cheetah build from six small pulses to six ER small lasers and added some heat sinks. When the stalker champion was created, LRMs and artemis were in a different dynamic than they are now but they've never gone back and changed the mech. Also when skill tree arrived, the basic effectiveness of ECM was greatly reduced unless you bought the skill nodes for it also. A base 30% reduction in detection range means the base radar range of 800m only drops to 560 meters. But against an enemy who did buy sensor nodes or has an active probe (or mech sensor quirk), it might be a case that the trial mech with ECM is quite detectable at a distance where its own weapons are ineffective. The shadow cat champion for example... two large pulse lasers (which got nerfed 2 years ago having their max range dropped from 1200 meters to 840 meters) and an ECM. It really should be changed to ER Larges or ER PPC's now. It just goes on and on.

#39 denAirwalkerrr

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 01:19 AM

View PostDee Eight, on 15 October 2019 - 10:58 AM, said:

The first 10 match up bonus also is a down bonus with losses... sure someone might briefly get to tier 3... but then you get stuck with three or four crap teams in a row and its solidly down to tier 5 again. Its the same problem duplicated in Solaris... your first ten matches in any division are the most important for your elo rating, which is why so many were cheating for free payouts from pgi trading wins between their accounts and alts.

Tiers and PSR were never designed though to be anything about actual skill though, case in point all the tier 1 and 2s who play hundreds of matches of the same terrible match scores matches month after month to the point they're now in some cases well past 10,000 total matches and they never show any signs of getting better. The tier system was meant to be this fake illusionary XP bar to convince F2P people to continue grinding matches so that there were players in the queues for the people who actually knew what they were doing to take advantage of. Many of those players posted in the forums regularly and proudly showed their Tier 1 on their profile, and you might see them on your team roster before a match begins, and if you never bothered to look up their stats... you would have no idea they're permanently terrible players and that its more likely your team is going to lose with them being on your side, than it is to win.

I really wish PGI displayed the player tiers in the match results... but I know they won't because it would clearly show all the times the matchmaker opened the valves to let in players which they claimed cannot be matched together, in order to form a match at all, not to mention how many terrible players are ranked at tiers they shouldn't be ranked at.

Posted Image

#40 Ghost Paladin117

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 260 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 08:23 AM

I think the first 69 matches should get a boost.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users