#21 Willard Phule

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 28 October 2019 - 08:04 AM

View PostvonJerg, on 28 October 2019 - 06:40 AM, said:

@Willard: what year was that, and how many players we had then, and how many we have now?

Within the last year and we have a lot less than we did at that point.

View PostNightbird, on 28 October 2019 - 06:43 AM, said:

Given that after two days only 2 matches with solos were run, and people created units to escape from the hell that is the solo queue, it's one of the poorest receptions to a new feature ever. PGI reverted the change after 3 days.

Hey, it is what it is. I've got no problem with how it is, I simply don't play FP anymore.

Seems PGI has already figured out the balance. FP is for groups, QP is for solos. That works. Just don't complain about lack of population in FP or long wait times in QP since the solution is obvious.

#22 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 08:06 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 28 October 2019 - 08:04 AM, said:

Seems PGI has already figured out the balance. FP is for groups, QP is for solos. That works. Just don't complain about lack of population in FP or long wait times in QP since the solution is obvious.

Saying a solution is obvious doesn't make it a solution or obvious.

#23 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 08:23 AM

View PostNightbird, on 28 October 2019 - 08:06 AM, said:

Saying a solution is obvious doesn't make it a solution or obvious.

Depends on what the problem is.

On the one hand, you've got FP. Those in groups are complaining that the population has tanked to an unviable level. The solos are upset that they're passed over every time they queue up. Two separate populations with no way to put the two together equitably to increase overall population, so......stick with what we've got. Two separate populations where groups are favored. Problem solved.

On the other, you have QP. Those in groups complain about horrendous wait times and not being able to drop in small groups with solos. In QP, the solos are favored. Again, two separate populations with no equitable way of combining the two to make a larger population. Here, solos are favored.

So, I guess there's really not a problem after all. Unless you consider lack of population a problem. PGI obviously doesn't.

#24 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 08:38 AM

View PostWillard Phule, on 28 October 2019 - 08:23 AM, said:

Depends on what the problem is.

On the one hand, you've got FP. Those in groups are complaining that the population has tanked to an unviable level. The solos are upset that they're passed over every time they queue up. Two separate populations with no way to put the two together equitably to increase overall population, so......stick with what we've got. Two separate populations where groups are favored. Problem solved.

On the other, you have QP. Those in groups complain about horrendous wait times and not being able to drop in small groups with solos. In QP, the solos are favored. Again, two separate populations with no equitable way of combining the two to make a larger population. Here, solos are favored.

So, I guess there's really not a problem after all. Unless you consider lack of population a problem. PGI obviously doesn't.

No groups in FP are complaining about pop, only solos complain about being skipped or stomped by groups. We have QP for solos and FP for groups. Two queues for minimal wait time. (Solaris doesn't exist)

#25 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 10:31 AM

View PostNightbird, on 28 October 2019 - 08:38 AM, said:

No groups in FP are complaining about pop, only solos complain about being skipped or stomped by groups. We have QP for solos and FP for groups. Two queues for minimal wait time. (Solaris doesn't exist)

Then there's no problem (Solaris only exists for a minute or so during events,that's it.)

#26 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 28 October 2019 - 08:59 PM

View PostRustyhammer, on 27 October 2019 - 02:25 PM, said:

For how many years players were bitching that it's unfair when a bunch of randoms facing big groups in the group-oriented mode?
PGI finally listened.
Now groups have priority and players start bitching that they want to drop as a bunch of randoms and face big groups.
Go figure...

It is truly amazing how it is just never good enough for some people.

All that needs to happen is PGI run alternating events.

One week QP.
One week FP.

During the FP Events there would have been during the Peak NA, on my rough count, at least 400 people concurrently in the mode itself. That is MORE than enough for Solos and Groups. Groups were facing groups and Solos were getting solos. It was great and instant matches.

Hell even Oceanic, the deadzone of MWO, had 24/24 sitting in the Queue every 2min cycle... Unheard of in the last 2 years.

#27 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 09:20 PM

The MM seems to work if it has enough people, thats for sure.

#28 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 29 October 2019 - 01:51 AM

View PostNightbird, on 28 October 2019 - 05:31 AM, said:

Yes. We had a solo queue once, no one used it. The end.

Wasn't it introduced the same week as a Quick Play event, which sucked all the players out of FP, and then removed within 2 weeks while the Quick Play event was still running...?

Ie. Deliberately set up to fail, then yanked before it had a chance to succeed.

#29 KhanBhacKeD

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 280 posts
  • LocationDans les branches du skill tree

Posted 29 October 2019 - 02:28 AM

More than that @appogee was it not a unit queue exactly ?
If I remember good you just had to create a unit even if you are solo to get in group queue. And most of solos wich are bitching about getting rekt by group ended up creating units cause they can’t get a game in « solo queue »

If my memory is good.

#30 Nightbird

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 05:29 AM

It had to be a unit queue to keep units from sync dropping into a 'solo queue' and stomping pugs. That wasn't an issue. The point is that groups drive queue numbers and matches

#31 Hammer Hand

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 65 posts
  • LocationSan Antonio

Posted 29 October 2019 - 12:51 PM

Just to make sure I understand. When it says "your group is next" the word group can mean from 1 - 12 players? The suggestion previously made in this thread is to have your group 6+. So by looking at the Faction map, can I tell how many players are on each side or are those groups? I have been trying to choose the side with the lower number so we all play more.

Last night we had a group of 5 then 4 then 3. We were able to drop 1 time we switched factions (Clan to IS) once too. Finally gave up.

FW is still my favorite mode but it is hard to sell to players that are on the fence. I will work on the 6+ groups.

I don't post much but I appreciate the players trying to make a difference.

#32 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 29 October 2019 - 01:27 PM

View PostWillard Phule, on 28 October 2019 - 08:04 AM, said:

Hey, it is what it is. I've got no problem with how it is, I simply don't play FP anymore.

this game is not entirely PGI fault, this game we are left with is the result of PGI trying to please a plethora of players like you who are very loud about something they do not even do. if you are not playing invasion then please do not comment on invasion, just talk about quickplay or whatever it is you actually are doing.
if all the players who rage quit because *frivolous reasons* had merely quit without raging and spamming the forum first then maybe PGI could've built a great game of legendary status without headaches, and not merely a good game that is still trying to please people who don't even play.

#33 tacorodwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 200 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWexford, Ireland

Posted 30 October 2019 - 04:50 AM

Good lord out of 32 posts you have done 6 of them willard. Then you announce you do not even play the gamemode. Maybe I should to to a pokemon forum and tell them all how to play their stupid game better despite the fact that I never have, will or want to play their stupid game. FP que works well shame it was not introduced sooner, might have a slightly higher player base still. As for grouping up please feel free to drop by teamspeak 3 ts3server://frrhub.isengrim.org?password=Dragon&channel=%E2%9A%96%20MAJESTIC-12%20-%20Landing%20Pad%20%E2%9A%96%2FWar%20Room Just copy that entire link, paste it into whatever team speak you are currently in and click on it. It will bring you to MJ12 War Room on the FRR hub. you can group up with me I will be online from about 6pm GMT until around 11PM GMT.

#34 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 02:18 PM

View PostBROARL, on 29 October 2019 - 01:27 PM, said:

this game is not entirely PGI fault, this game we are left with is the result of PGI trying to please a plethora of players like you who are very loud about something they do not even do. if you are not playing invasion then please do not comment on invasion, just talk about quickplay or whatever it is you actually are doing.
if all the players who rage quit because *frivolous reasons* had merely quit without raging and spamming the forum first then maybe PGI could've built a great game of legendary status without headaches, and not merely a good game that is still trying to please people who don't even play.

My explanation was obviously not accurate enough. The reason I don't play FP anymore is because I understand how the mechanic favors groups and I'm a solo. I only had to experience the whole getting passed over thing a few times before I decided I have neither the patience nor the give a damn to give a damn.

As for FP in general, it used to be my preferred mode. And I played as a solo and never had a problem getting a match until this last hairbrained incarnation. So, yeah, I'm not just talking out my ***.

View Posttacorodwarrior, on 30 October 2019 - 04:50 AM, said:

Good lord out of 32 posts you have done 6 of them willard. Then you announce you do not even play the gamemode. Maybe I should to to a pokemon forum and tell them all how to play their stupid game better despite the fact that I never have, will or want to play their stupid game. FP que works well shame it was not introduced sooner, might have a slightly higher player base still. As for grouping up please feel free to drop by teamspeak 3 ts3server://frrhub.isengrim.org?password=Dragon&channel=%E2%9A%96%20MAJESTIC-12%20-%20Landing%20Pad%20%E2%9A%96%2FWar%20Room Just copy that entire link, paste it into whatever team speak you are currently in and click on it. It will bring you to MJ12 War Room on the FRR hub. you can group up with me I will be online from about 6pm GMT until around 11PM GMT.

Dude, if I wanted to group up, I would. It's not like I haven't done it before. Again, I'm not unfamiliar with FP, I'm just not willing to dedicate the time and effort into anything but casual play at this point. Casual, to me, does not mean exerting the effort and time into getting into a group so I'm a solo. And FP isn't for solos, so here we are. Used to be it didn't matter. Now it does.

#35 tacorodwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 200 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationWexford, Ireland

Posted 30 October 2019 - 03:56 PM

Willard, you have stated now that you do not play FP. So why are you even commenting in the FP section of the forums? It is a GROUP orientated organised game mode. If you are not willing to be in a GROUP or organised it is not a game mode for you. stick to the rotato potato quick play mode. or not I do not care. I am happy that PGI have implemented a change that stops reduces randoms from coming in and doing stupid things. SO YEAH!!!!!!!

#36 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 30 October 2019 - 04:55 PM

View PostWillard Phule, on 30 October 2019 - 02:18 PM, said:

I have neither the patience nor the give a damn to give a damn.

That was your 7th post in this thread about something you "don't give a damn to give a damn about"...

Go on, admit it. You've given more than a damn. Posted Image

Edited by Appogee, 30 October 2019 - 04:59 PM.

#37 Aivazovsky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 05:08 PM

View PostWillard Phule, on 30 October 2019 - 02:18 PM, said:

Dude, if I wanted to group up, I would. It's not like I haven't done it before. Again, I'm not unfamiliar with FP, I'm just not willing to dedicate the time and effort into anything but casual play at this point. Casual, to me, does not mean exerting the effort and time into getting into a group so I'm a solo. And FP isn't for solos, so here we are. Used to be it didn't matter. Now it does.

Posted ImagePosted Image
Member Since 11-May 13...Active Posts 3371...107 games in FP... Posted Image

I think you need to talk less and play more. In groups. Your "i want" is not even an opinion, it is a psychology of a 6 year old child. We are all upset by the decline of online, but be so selfish is too much. Personally, I don’t need you with your bottom skill in FP SOLO

But I am glad that your incompetent opinion will not affect anything, because the game is not supported. People like you have already done such harm that it won’t be worse.

Edited by Aivazovsky, 30 October 2019 - 05:17 PM.

#38 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,784 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 07:47 PM

what i hate is how its currently at 6/18. if we could get 6 players to switch sides we would have a game. but of course chat doesnt work anymore and i cant go on and say 'switch to falcon'. i havent had problems getting games lately, but tonight i swear ive been in queue for an hour. probably league night or something.

#39 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 03:46 AM

View PostAivazovsky, on 30 October 2019 - 05:08 PM, said:

Posted ImagePosted Image
Member Since 11-May 13...Active Posts 3371...107 games in FP... Posted Image

I think you need to talk less and play more. In groups. Your "i want" is not even an opinion, it is a psychology of a 6 year old child. We are all upset by the decline of online, but be so selfish is too much. Personally, I don’t need you with your bottom skill in FP SOLO

But I am glad that your incompetent opinion will not affect anything, because the game is not supported. People like you have already done such harm that it won’t be worse.

I've played a LOT more than 107 games of FP total. WAY more.

#40 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 31 October 2019 - 09:11 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 30 October 2019 - 07:47 PM, said:

what i hate is how its currently at 6/18. if we could get 6 players to switch sides we would have a game.

Blame the ******* loyalists :o

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users