#1 helix6745

• Pip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 16 posts
  • LocationMorelos, México

Posted 21 October 2019 - 09:48 AM

Greetings Mechwarriors!

I would like to share some of the stuff i've learned since i started playing the game (around the end of June).

Adjust your settings. Disable cockpit glass, its useless; adjust your FOV, so you can see more from your cockpit; Reduce your mouse sensitivity at around .2, this will help your keep on target, very useful for lasers.

Reverse movement. Turning backwards is MUCH faster than turning forward; if you need to make quick turns or shoot that annoying light mech that's running around you, hit reverse when you are turning; for maximum effectiveness, twist your torso the same direction you are turning.

Stay together with your team, but keep your distance from your teammates, try to keep a minimum distance of 30m, this way you are less prone to cause team damage and blocking your team's movement.

DON'T chase the lights, just don't.

If you are having problems with torso twisting to avoid damage, try disabling armlock, it will require less movement from your mouse to twist your torso.

Focus fire, if you see one of your big boys shooting at something, then fire at the same thing he's firing and it will go down faster.

IF you are going to run a NASCAR, please, for the love of god, don't leave your assaults behind, the team will suffer greatly.

If you bring an Assault LRM boat (please DON'T), don't engage your targets at long distances; due to their velocity, LRM's are more effective when you shoot them at around 400-500m from your target. And please, stay together with your team and share some armor.

I'm still a bit mediocre and have a lot to learn, but i'm sure some of this stuff can be helpful to brand new players.

Thanks for reading and good hunting!

#2 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 21 October 2019 - 04:57 PM

The reason you turn faster going backwards is because you turn faster at lower speeds.

You can do quicker turns moving forward at lower speeds.

#3 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 21 October 2019 - 10:34 PM

View Posthelix6745, on 21 October 2019 - 09:48 AM, said:

If you are having problems with torso twisting to avoid damage, try disabling armlock, it will require less movement from your mouse to twist your torso.

Change Arm Lock to Arm Lock Toggle in your keybinds. There's no point in having to hold a button to unlock your arms when you can just tap it to switch arm lock on/off.
Also, if your mech has any major weapons in arms, get used to playing with arm lock off. The vastly improved weapon tracking (your arms alone are MUCH faster than your entire torso) will help you quite a bit with your firing accuracy.

#4 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 01:55 AM

View PostPrototelis, on 21 October 2019 - 04:57 PM, said:

The reason you turn faster going backwards is because you turn faster at lower speeds.

You can do quicker turns moving forward at lower speeds.

When ever I need to kill a light on my but n an assualt

I do it backwards

Posted Image

#5 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 02:25 AM

Well if you're near enough to some cover backing up is best, if you can plant your *** on something you deny a backshot kill.

#6 Sergeant Destroy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 201 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 11:24 AM

Also regarding armlock, don`t turn it on when using the Dakka Madkat, as seeing that always makes me want to rip my hair out.
But turn it on when using rotaries.
Also its fine let go of the w key when in a good spot instead of running right into full lance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users