• 84 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 01:17 PM

Nice

#3 Pz_DC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Staff Sergeant
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 01:40 PM

Ok, thanks for the event, of course, but... I'm alone who see no reason in "pick a prize" part ? Can't talk about clan ones, but IS "prizes" looks useless for me. I know, it's all very easy to get, but maybe give /some of/ us a choice - easy challenges with light prize or hardcore challenges with big prize?..

P.S. From sales list I need one single mech... wow, how did You pick them?

Edited by Pz_DC, 23 October 2019 - 08:58 AM.

#4 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 02:06 PM

No warhorns in loot, I'll pass. Posted Image

#5 n00biwan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSomerset, UK...

Posted 22 October 2019 - 02:22 PM

But, we need more nuke pumpkins....

I'll be playing anyway, but cockpit clutter and random stuff is half of why loot bags are fun.

Not really interested in the grand prizes, but if I get that far I guess it's a free mech? Not terribly inspiring, even with the (S).

Either way, thank you for the event and damn you for making it not til tomorrow. :P

#6 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 22 October 2019 - 03:04 PM

Thanks for the events! Now I have a reason to get on the new leader board for Faction Loyalist. <S>

Thanks for the patch development work and giving us a reason to grind.

#7 Matt Newman

Live Ops Manager

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,023 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 03:37 PM

View PostAkillius, on 22 October 2019 - 02:06 PM, said:

No warhorns in loot, I'll pass. Posted Image

Look at the Challenges there are Cockpit items to be won there. :)

https://mwomercs.com/events/317

https://mwomercs.com/events/318

#8 C337Skymaster

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,450 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 October 2019 - 04:34 PM

Long Gone are the days of 'Mech Bays in the loot bags, eh? Even with only a 1/100 chance of getting one, you usually wound up with at least one by the end, and it gave a greater sense of accomplishment, because then you could work towards a new 'mech, then work towards leveling it up. :) Same deal with 'Mech Bays in the Loot Boxes...

#9 Bwah Ha Ha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 158 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 05:24 PM

Sorry but I'll pass also. Will probably play a bit but nothing to really get my interest.

#10 Eurystheus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 131 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 05:40 PM

I love loot bags. Especially loot bags with GXP, GSP or MC.

#11 Akillius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Corsair
  • The Corsair
  • 484 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 07:11 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 22 October 2019 - 03:37 PM, said:

Look at the Challenges there are Cockpit items to be won there. Posted Image

https://mwomercs.com/events/317

https://mwomercs.com/events/318

Thank you for pointing them out, their not as fun as finding how many warhorns were looted at end of event.
But I probably actively get them anyways when the event starts.

The hanging/standing items are wasted on me since I keep swapping-using both 5% CBill buff items on each mech. Or both 5% XP buffs when simply leveling up a mech old school. Its too bad those paid-for buff items don't simply apply to all mechs to make all the other fun looking cockpit items relevant again.......
Hopefully the CBill & XP items get bumped to top of both lists for easier/faster installation and less scrolling down down down.

Premium time isn't a big thing for me since I've several years worth already, w/over 2 years worth active atm but I'll still take the free day here and there when it happens but not aiming to actively try for it.
GSP always welcome but still have thousands and probably 100 or so mechs left over with HSP and HXP that I haven't got around to configuring and playing since before the switch from modules to skill tree.
So that's why the warhorns are a fav for me, yes I've several dozens of warhorns sitting around but its nice to swap because got them during an event.

EDIT: Some years ago a reporter asked Morgan Freeman why he goes to some award show for the swag because he has a pile of money already. Morgan replied (paraphrase) you think people with money don't want free stuff too? We love free stuff... Who doesn't!!!
So I want to say thank you Matt and PGI for the event and all the freebies, (even if we don't sound like it,) the freebies are always appreciated.

#12 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 22 October 2019 - 07:15 PM

The challenges are good but I think you should've done something for FW. I know that the challenges can be achieved across all modes but again, apart for the people who are tired of QP, nobody's going to play FW. Oh, well. At least the Grand Prize is a (S) mech. Cheers.

#13 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 22 October 2019 - 07:42 PM

I just noticed that Phase 1 starts in 15hrs and ends in 12 days.

Phase 2 starts in 6 days but that ends in 12 days as well? I think it should be "ends in 18 days", no? That way both Phases have 12 days of completion time.

#14 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 08:30 PM

That's pretty standard actually and keeping with previous events.

#15 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 325 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 22 October 2019 - 09:07 PM

I've been looking forward to this event. I love loot bag events. Going to rock this one. However, I have two bits of feedback:

1. I love these mainly because of the chance to draw warhorns. I usually get a good half-dozen or more each event. No warhorns in the loot bags? That'd sure be nice if there were.

2. The end-prize mechs. I love the fact that they're unique and otherwise unobtainable. There's no way to buy those particular special variants that I know of. That said, those four chassis are kind of meh. Since I already have a resistance crab, a Mishepeshu, an Ebon Dragon, and intend to buy the Wrath pack in a couple of months (which will come with a Panther 10k®), I wish there were more options. If it has to be light/medium mechs, maybe some more special variants otherwise available in collector's packs, or options from invasion/etc. packs? I'd be most likely to select the Crab-27B out of the options available, but still, I have my Crab-27R, so ... yeah. I don't like people complaining about free stuff, but that'd make me a little more excited about the prize, anyway. I can see that the other Steam performance pack mechs (the Grasshopper 5H, Ebon Jag Prime, Warhawk C, and Zeus 6T) are a lot more unique/competitive as far as specials go. Could you maybe include those? That'd be freaking awesome. That'd be a tough, agonizing choice for me. :P

#16 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 12:20 AM

Thanks for the awesome lootbag event . This and Xmas is always my favorite events of the year .

I have no idea what a steam variant mech is but will be glad to grind towards them .

#17 Mr D One

• Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 23 October 2019 - 01:06 AM

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmm yes

Sweet. sweet candy.

Spook-tacular!

#18 Bwah Ha Ha

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 158 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 05:37 AM

What if you already own the spooky bundle mechs, is there another way to get those 25 loot bags? Besides the 200gsp.

#19 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 07:48 AM

I do like the new formula for earning the loot bags, every 250 of match score earns a bag up to 25,000 total and 100 bags and every 500 damage in phase 2 up to 25,000 total for 50 bags. For those of us of above average or better ability, this means we likely won't need to play 150 matches per account like in previous loot bag events.

#20 Buenaventura

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 540 posts
  • LocationDuisburg, Germany

Posted 23 October 2019 - 02:16 PM

The bundle sure sounds tempting, but I'll pass.

Nice event though. Not sure which mech to get, got a Crab and Panther already. Are there decent configs for the offered clan mechs without using other omnipods? Do they even use all prime pods?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users