13 replies to this topic

#1 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 03:11 AM

Drty here spitting a suggestion out.

I think playing 25 games per div just to make the leaderboard is horrendous and given the amount of time in between games it takes to find a match (and hopefully not the same player), I'm thinking the minimum should be reduced to 15 or even 10.

Think about it for the guys that actually just want to knock out Solaris and it's tedious grind to make whatever rank for end season bonuses. 175 games is a CHORE! It takes days to complete for losers like me that have nothing better to do, and it's not typically fun if you're playing the same old build against the same old people. It's a mind numbing experience.

I do like facing other players of equal or better skill than me, but this season alone, I think I faced maybe like 3 or 4 pilots that have given me an issue in the past, and that's it.

175 games, with 2/3rds of it being a potato fest.

If you have any type of mercy left in you PGI, grant me this small request and reduce the minimum of games for each division.

Edited by DrtyDshSoap, 03 November 2019 - 03:11 AM.

#2 Alcom Isst

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Professional
  • The Professional
  • 935 posts
  • LocationElo Heaven

Posted 03 November 2019 - 10:18 AM

I've had anxious breakdowns giving myself a goal of completing Solaris for whatever season, and then trying to meet all the quotas. I would be extra happy if the quotas were smaller while I still play this game mode... I'm not sure if I do.

*dabs*

#3 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 03 November 2019 - 10:51 AM

There is already a regular event that gives you MC for literally ONE match in Solaris. Why should anyone who doesn't put a minimal effort into it be entitled to more rewards? ... 25 matches is perfectly fine.

#4 Kinski Orlawisch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 03 November 2019 - 12:24 PM

1 vs 1. 25 is fine...but it is pain in the *** to get 25 games in 2 vs 2.

#5 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 02:48 PM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 03 November 2019 - 10:51 AM, said:

There is already a regular event that gives you MC for literally ONE match in Solaris. Why should anyone who doesn't put a minimal effort into it be entitled to more rewards? ... 25 matches is perfectly fine.

True, but I mentioned for end season bonuses. I could care less about these events since...Well, I basically have all I need. I just like the end season bonuses for the GXP.

I hardly expect anyone to play 175 matches altogether...That's a bit much. I have a hard time justifying my time playing this game as much as I do, I'd rather mitigate to something with a more fun factor to it like Faction.

#6 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 03 November 2019 - 08:50 PM

PGI made it 25 because of the end of season rewards qualification.

There was an issue after Season 1 as people showed up immediately or with 10 games... Issue with that is you have no idea where you stand on the leaderboard if there are 50 people in the top 100 for instance, that have less than 25 matches.

So unless PGI change the base reward qualification, which they won't, then it'll never happen.
IMO Solaris rewards for the time spent are sub-par. I posted a big suggestion after Season 2 - when PGI flipped the rewards on everyone without telling anyone they were going to until a couple of days before the season ended, so many people who put in time essentially got duped.

#7 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 09:53 AM

If the rewards are sub-par now, wouldn't it make sense to just reduce the amount of time spent in Solaris? 175 games is not something I'd scoff at.
As I said, I do enjoy the 1v1's, it's just if I'm constantly being paired against really...and I mean really bad players, kind of kills my competitiveness.

#8 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 07 November 2019 - 10:36 PM

View PostDrtyDshSoap, on 03 November 2019 - 02:48 PM, said:

I hardly expect anyone to play 175 matches altogether...That's a bit much. I have a hard time justifying my time playing this game as much as I do, I'd rather mitigate to something with a more fun factor to it like Faction.

Took me 9 hours spread across 3 evenings to complete 25 matches in each division last season. Thats hardly even an effort.
(that given you actually just press the button and drop and not run away at first sight of a player who can beat you)

My point is ... rewards are earned. Nobody is entitled to them. And its already as easy as it can be.

#9 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 08 November 2019 - 01:43 AM

View PostDrtyDshSoap, on 03 November 2019 - 02:48 PM, said:

I hardly expect anyone to play 175 matches altogether...That's a bit much.
I do it each and every season. Best start when the season kick-off event launches, as that's when the most people are playing the mode.

View PostDrtyDshSoap, on 04 November 2019 - 09:53 AM, said:

As I said, I do enjoy the 1v1's, it's just if I'm constantly being paired against really...and I mean really bad players, kind of kills my competitiveness.
Yeah, I get what you mean. We can't change that, though. Farm them, focus on honing your own builds and technique and keep trying until you get a worthy opponent. :)

#10 Surn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,073 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 08 November 2019 - 08:41 AM

I think the opposite. 25 matches should be the minimum per weight class on the quick play leaderboard.

It is absurd that people at the top of the board play 10 games

#11 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,621 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 07:51 AM

View Postjustcallme A S H, on 03 November 2019 - 08:50 PM, said:

PGI made it 25 because of the end of season rewards qualification.

There was an issue after Season 1 as people showed up immediately or with 10 games... Issue with that is you have no idea where you stand on the leaderboard if there are 50 people in the top 100 for instance, that have less than 25 matches.

So unless PGI change the base reward qualification, which they won't, then it'll never happen.
IMO Solaris rewards for the time spent are sub-par. I posted a big suggestion after Season 2 - when PGI flipped the rewards on everyone without telling anyone they were going to until a couple of days before the season ended, so many people who put in time essentially got duped.

They could just make it so you do show up on the leaderboard before having the minimum games. Like they show up but with a asterisk or different color highlighting that they don't have the minimum games and will be removed if the minimum isn't reached before the season ends. Or maybe just have a separate up-and-comers leaderboard that is just the players who don't have the minimum games yet.

I would like 2v2 to have less minimum games though.

Edited by dario03, 09 November 2019 - 07:52 AM.

#12 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 09 November 2019 - 10:54 AM

View Postdario03, on 09 November 2019 - 07:51 AM, said:

They could just make it so you do show up on the leaderboard before having the minimum games.
Then players wouldn't know their actual position because of low-match players clogging up the leaderboard. We've been there, it wasn't fun.

Like they show up but with a asterisk or different color highlighting that they don't have the minimum games and will be removed if the minimum isn't reached before the season ends. Or maybe just have a separate up-and-comers leaderboard that is just the players who don't have the minimum games yet.
Or just show the player their own relative rank in the main Solaris UI with the note (not qualified).

#13 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 04:25 AM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 07 November 2019 - 10:36 PM, said:

Took me 9 hours spread across 3 evenings to complete 25 matches in each division last season. Thats hardly even an effort.
(that given you actually just press the button and drop and not run away at first sight of a player who can beat you)

My point is ... rewards are earned. Nobody is entitled to them. And its already as easy as it can be.

3 hours a day for 3 days is eeek? I'm not arguing that it is or isn't easy. I'm talking about how grindy the damn thing is.

Pay attention people, follow my finger.

View PostHorseman, on 08 November 2019 - 01:43 AM, said:

I do it each and every season. Best start when the season kick-off event launches, as that's when the most people are playing the mode.

I'm aware of the influx of players that come pouring into the event. If I were to wait, I'd play against basically someone like Borg or Mack who lives in Solaris, or a bunch of the bottom of the barrel players.

View PostHorseman, on 08 November 2019 - 01:43 AM, said:

Yeah, I get what you mean. We can't change that, though. Farm them, focus on honing your own builds and technique and keep trying until you get a worthy opponent. Posted Image

Farming isn't fun. ;/

And who cares about the leaderboard? Completely irrelevant to this topic.

Edit - Mostly irrelevant. At least, with how you guys are discussing the leaderboard.

Edited by DrtyDshSoap, 13 November 2019 - 04:27 AM.

#14 denAirwalkerrr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 1,346 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 08:24 PM

You can do it yourself by not playing this ****.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users