Anyone Else Getting Crashes Because Of Voip?

8 replies to this topic

#1 MechWarrior319348

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 997 posts
  • LocationInside a straightjacket

Posted 08 November 2019 - 05:51 PM

I know I should put this in the technical section of the forum but it doesn't hurt to ask if anyone knows a quick fix.

So...playing the game, and alot of people talking on the VOIP at once makes me crash. My omnicron log has a ton of voipclient errors.

I'm just curious if this is a regular feature that everyone experiences?

#2 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 03:33 AM

Nope.

#3 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 09 November 2019 - 08:37 AM

View PostDillion Harper, on 08 November 2019 - 05:51 PM, said:

I know I should put this in the technical section of the forum but it doesn't hurt to ask if anyone knows a quick fix.

So...playing the game, and alot of people talking on the VOIP at once makes me crash. My omnicron log has a ton of voipclient errors.

I'm just curious if this is a regular feature that everyone experiences?

Honestly wouldn’t be surprised if that was causing crashes

#4 Suspect

• PipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 90 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 November 2019 - 09:17 AM

Never heard of this being an issue. Have you tried disabling VOIP? Try that and see if you still crash.

#5 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 09 November 2019 - 10:16 AM

A lot of times the game has crashed but voip stays on. Dunno if related but thats been happening since voip came to this game.

#6 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 09 November 2019 - 05:41 PM

I had issues where someone talking on the launch screen of Faction Play might be responsible for making me crash just before the match launches...

Either way, switching from "full screen" to "full window" completely removed those kind of start of game Faction Play crashes.

On a side note I haven't had the heat bug for many weeks.

#7 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 03:01 PM

my bluetooth mic has been kind of iffy lately (to be expected by a bluetooth audio device, but in this case its more temperamental than usual). unless i go into the sound settings and explicitly tell it to use it, it will forget when i exit the game. while this works more or less it does come with a few caveats. like if i tell it to use a specific device rather than the windows default, then when the mic dies or i turn it off it now doesnt redirect the audio to the speakers and im essentially on mute until i go into the settings and change it again.

i mostly blame the windows audio subsystem and the way it automatically changes the defaults as devices are connected or removed from the system. it doesnt let me prioritize devices explicitly, you can pick one default, and if it goes away, windows seems to pick another completely at random. id love a numeric priority setting instead. things were better before the ui went all schizophrenic too.

#8 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 13 November 2019 - 03:56 PM

No.. But you'll crash if you dont use your mic.... yeah

#9 Blacksheep One

• PipPipPip
  • 75 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Beer and Cheese

Posted 13 November 2019 - 05:34 PM

I don't know about VOIP, but we just had a match where half our team, and two on the other side, DC'd. A few reconnected eventually (and at least one other dropped.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users