#21 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 11:29 AM

View PostGweNTLeR, on 21 November 2019 - 10:43 AM, said:

Okay, I actually like this one.
I guess I was right not to cancel my preorder after all...
Hmmm, I wonder if I should go and buy an RTX....

i already bot a rtx 2070 super mini (and that barely fit into my elite 110 mini itx case) in anticipation for this. so far it can only do ray tracing fast (60 fps) at 1080p with the quake 2 rtx demo, but 4k was really slow. ive yet to throw a modern game at it. again, tuesday. **** i feel like the captain of the enterprise b.

Edited by LordNothing, 21 November 2019 - 11:30 AM.

#22 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 11:34 AM

View Postpacifica812, on 21 November 2019 - 11:21 AM, said:

Yeah that looks like a different kind of AC20. Burst fire AC 20, never heard of that one before, but then again, I'm not an expert in Battletech lore.

Autocannons in BT are described as "Giant machine guns"

In Mechwarrior 2, a UAC/20 fired 20 projectiles per trigger pull.
In Mechwarrior 3 it was a burst fire effect.
In Mechwarrior 4, it was also a burst fire effect.
In MWO it was a Mech Rifle disguised as an autocannon, and given extra damage...

Spoiler

Edited by Koniving, 21 November 2019 - 11:46 AM.

#23 pacifica812

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 310 posts
  • LocationAt home, at work, or on the stage... mostly

Posted 21 November 2019 - 11:35 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 21 November 2019 - 11:29 AM, said:

i already bot a rtx 2070 super mini (and that barely fit into my elite 110 mini itx case) in anticipation for this. so far it can only do ray tracing fast (60 fps) at 1080p with the quake 2 rtx demo, but 4k was really slow. ive yet to throw a modern game at it. again, tuesday. **** i feel like the captain of the enterprise b.

I'm seriously considering assembling a mini portable pc myself and wondering what kind of components do you have in your setup, if it's not a secret :)

#24 mgto

• PipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 40 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 11:37 AM

I do like!

What I found bit strange is the eject effect. First there is some kind of fire-fountain moving up which (at least) looks bit buggy.

I do like the UI actually. It's not perfect but I wasn't confused and things made sense - for me at least. Like the color change of lasers to blue.

Maybe the buttons are bit big but they probably designed it to work on consoles too?!

Anyhow: nice to see some new footage now and can't wait to try the game out myself.

Ps: I don't dig the voice nor the I'm-speaking-with-extra-cool-voice style.. But you probably can't make everyone happy I guess Posted Image

#25 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 11:39 AM

View Postpacifica812, on 21 November 2019 - 11:21 AM, said:

Yeah that looks like a different kind of AC20. Burst fire AC 20, never heard of that one before, but then again, I'm not an expert in Battletech lore.

i believe they said weapons would have an upgrade tree of sorts, an alternative to weapon manufacturers, which frankly the lore doesnt go into much detail about specific makes and models.

#26 Deathshade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 558 posts
  • Locationplaying Planetary / Community Warfare / Faction Warfare / Faction Play

Posted 21 November 2019 - 11:40 AM

Wow! You guys really stepped up on this one. Great work! You sold me.

#27 pacifica812

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 310 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 11:41 AM

View PostKoniving, on 21 November 2019 - 11:34 AM, said:

Autocannons in BT are described as "Giant machine guns"

snip

I knew that someone would show up who'd know about this Posted Image thanx for the info and link!

Edited by pacifica812, 21 November 2019 - 11:52 AM.

#28 pacifica812

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 310 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 11:48 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 21 November 2019 - 11:39 AM, said:

i believe they said weapons would have an upgrade tree of sorts, an alternative to weapon manufacturers, which frankly the lore doesnt go into much detail about specific makes and models.

Yeah, I watched the video a couple of times to notice the difference in fire rates and damage for the different tier levels of weapons. The tier 3 LRM15 launcher had a dmg output of 20, tier 5 AC20 BF dmg 42, tier 3 AC 20 dmg 23, etc

#29 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 11:48 AM

View Postpacifica812, on 21 November 2019 - 11:41 AM, said:

I knew that someone would show up who'd know about this Posted Image thanx for the info and link!

You're welcome (also more in the updated post with a spoiler so it doesn't hold up too many people, could you also snip my quote so that it doesn't bog down mobile users scrolling through?) :)

#30 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 12:05 PM

Indeed, MW5 Mercs went the "level" route that HBS BT did. The difference is HBS BT did both levels + lore names (though to be honest they weren't exactly accurate with it but they did pretty good.

Though if they were accurate with it, the Demolisher Tanks could shoot OVER walls instead of having to shoot through them.. Several AC/20s can be used as artillery pieces; their limited range is an "accurate range" to land all the projectiles onto a single area within a reasonable amount of time, not a real range, their real range is on average 2,000 meters but at that range you'd never reliably hit anything by anything but pure chance.)

Mw5 appears to be going the route of "Level" "AC type (2-20)", "firing type" (single, burst, automatic). Lets them not even have to happen a single source book.

As for the source material, they do go into a reasonable amount of detail, but it is so scattered that it's absolutely insane.

On Sarna, several people including myself have been going through and getting that individual equipment information out there.

On the Large Laser page, you'll see we've made a lot of progress, from the Half-Laser-Half-PPC Large Laser "Cyclops Eye" (found on specific tanks and Mercenary versions of the Wolfhound, while another Large Laser starting with an S is on Steiner versions of the same Wolfhound models) to the Fiber Optic-miniaturized Defiance A3M Large Laser (found on the Battlemaster and some other mechs).

Similarly, we've been ironing out the autocannons but it is difficult because there are for example 3 variations of the GM Whirlwind/5.
There's a 60mm (Wolverine), 90mm (wolverine-standard) [5-shot], 120mm (Marauder) [3-shot] and they don't have distinctions in their actual names. Lots of interesting stuff.
Rotary AC/5s tend to be 50mm, for example.
Light ACs are basically regular ACs with shorter barrels and lower caliber ranges.
(Meaning AC/5 and Light AC/5 can coexist in MWO today, the difference is the IS light AC/5 would function similarly to the Clan AC/UAC 5 of doing 2 shots, since light AC/5s have half the caliber range of normal ones, 20mm to 60mm versus 40mm to 120mm).

#31 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 12:12 PM

View Postpacifica812, on 21 November 2019 - 11:35 AM, said:

I'm seriously considering assembling a mini portable pc myself and wondering what kind of components do you have in your setup, if it's not a secret Posted Image

mobo - asus b-360i mini-itx
cpu - 8086k (high binned 8700k @ 4ghz stock)
cpu cooler - cryorig c7 cu
ram - 16gb ddr4 (not sure what make or model)
storage - 2x m.2 nvme ssds, 512gb boot drive 1tb data drive (intel and crucial respectively)
video - zotac rtx 2070 super mini
case - elite 110 (modded)
fans - 1x 140mm, 2x 92mm, all noctua
psu - corsair sf600 (fully modular sfx, though i needed a 3rd party sfx -> atx adapter to instal it)

i should point out that i really dont reccomend the elite 110 for a more modern build as there are cases with better airflow. sff enthusiasts usually recommend an aio cooler, but mine runs without throttling on air cooling in part to some pretty extensive case mods. this is still a 15l case which is big for an sff rig. there are newer cases like the dancase a4-sfx which can handle a full length graphics card without compromising on size, its actually one of the smallest at around 7-8 liters (and a hefty $200 price tag).

if i built this today id probably have gone with one of the newer ryzen cpus. they run a lot cooler than intel and are easier to cool and i would have picked a case that supports a full length graphics card (the mini cards usually make up for the reduced cooling by lowering the base clocks). building sff rigs can be frustrating, and special attention needs to be paid to part dimensions.

Edited by LordNothing, 21 November 2019 - 12:12 PM.

#32 leony

• PipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 64 posts
  • LocationMiami, FL

Posted 21 November 2019 - 12:14 PM

Other videos for MW5 shows the King Crab firing a single shot AC20

#33 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 12:17 PM

View Postleony, on 21 November 2019 - 12:14 PM, said:

Other videos for MW5 shows the King Crab firing a single shot AC20

those videos were pretty old. id fathom to guess that they just had not implemented weapon upgrades yet.

#34 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 21 November 2019 - 12:24 PM

giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity giggity ******* goo!
You guys fixed the buildings collision rate! phew!
Draw in distance on Ryana could use some tweaking btw in the mission brief room. That or move her so that she is not visible until the player is closer.
I really like what was presented.
Mech weight and movement - good
Mech walking sound - not meaty enough for an atlas.

#35 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 12:31 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 21 November 2019 - 12:17 PM, said:

those videos were pretty old. id fathom to guess that they just had not implemented weapon upgrades yet.

Unfortunately, I have absolutely no doubt they'll also have single shot ACs.
They made the distinction of this AC/20 for the Atlas being a burst fire model.
Older screenshots show a Jagermech with full auto ACs (judging by the stream of large AC shells ejecting from the mech's arms)
Posted Image
Though looking back on it, they could still be burst fire since there's some space between groups of shells.

#36 Lion El Johnsonn

• Pip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 12:41 PM

PGI finally created the game they’ve wanted to make since 2009. You can thank IGP and HG for its delay.

#37 Trystan Thorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 12:44 PM

Looking great! Really looking forward to play MW5. Hopefully it will turn out to be a great game! Posted Image

#38 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 21 November 2019 - 01:00 PM

Some of the mouseovers of weapons show manufactor names so maybe there will be some differantiation by manufactorer.
As for the Tier/Level of the weapon...could that also be quality? So an AC20 of T1 would be worse and a T4 would be a fresh from the factory and T5 is special builds like with the burst fire?

I think there are still a lot of questions that will be answered in the comming days.

#39 tripcat1021

• Pip
  • The Workhorse
  • The Workhorse
  • 18 posts
  • LocationUS - Kentucky

Posted 21 November 2019 - 01:10 PM

View Posttee5, on 21 November 2019 - 10:04 AM, said:

I would like to play.

But not on Epic-Game-Store.

No Way.

your loss