• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 23 November 2019 - 02:05 PM

View PostENOVA, on 23 November 2019 - 10:50 AM, said:

Will we see Marauder II in MW5? It's in the timeline, but not in the event

The last time I saw a list, it was.

However, like many of the missing variants from the list... it isn't at the "start" of MW5.

(Sale list^)

#42 blackcatf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 550 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationAuldhouse, Skye Federation, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 24 November 2019 - 04:20 AM

View PostGannycus, on 22 November 2019 - 01:32 PM, said:

All the variant listed have no ECM or have no ECM in stock loadout even if they can equip it.

I have a bad feeling about it.

Isn't one of the available Commandos able to mount ECM? COM-2D, IIRC

#43 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 07:03 AM

And again PGI is showing a total lack of understanding for their own game ...
light mechs: 1.000 damage
medium mechs: 1.000 damage
heavy mechs: 1.000 damage
assault mechs: 1.000 damage

2 hours into the event so far, i got teamkilled twice and lost my weapons arm 6 times now. I saw a lot of damage events in MWO, but it´s never been worse than today. Nobody gives a **** about team damage, 5 "teammates" behind you, 1 enemy in front of you and you can be sure that 5 people will shoot you in the back.
Next time you are doing a damage event like this make sure that team damage gets subtracted from the damage that counts for the event. And that a teamkill sets the gained damage back to 0.

#44 suum74

• PipPipPip
  • The Blazing
  • The Blazing
  • 76 posts
  • Location»Hoho! Afraskai kuku!«

Posted 24 November 2019 - 11:07 AM

Why no Trebuchet Loup de Guerre? Especially since the Kuroi Kiri and Bounty Hunter II are listed that do not exactly fit the year 3015 of MW5. As long as the specs allow it...

#45 Calebos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 12:58 PM

View PostWishmast3r, on 24 November 2019 - 07:03 AM, said:

And again PGI is showing a total lack of understanding for their own game ...
light mechs: 1.000 damage
medium mechs: 1.000 damage
heavy mechs: 1.000 damage
assault mechs: 1.000 damage

2 hours into the event so far, i got teamkilled twice and lost my weapons arm 6 times now. I saw a lot of damage events in MWO, but it´s never been worse than today. Nobody gives a **** about team damage, 5 "teammates" behind you, 1 enemy in front of you and you can be sure that 5 people will shoot you in the back.
Next time you are doing a damage event like this make sure that team damage gets subtracted from the damage that counts for the event. And that a teamkill sets the gained damage back to 0.

Typically. MWO is in the state of clinical death. There is at least 80% people playing this game who are enormously dumb unable to get even basic info about common rules valid in this game. MWO good times passed long time ago ... almost every good player left after seeing what PGI useless noobs are performing. :D

#46 CrustyMech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 148 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 November 2019 - 02:13 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 23 November 2019 - 12:10 PM, said:

The average player here doesn't do 500 per game. More like 250 per game for damage and even that is being generous.

Actually I am finding the damage in Heavy and Assaults stupidly low due to the complete lack of teamwork. I don't think I have seen consistently bad team support like this in a long time- and I have been around since Beta. Its like 6 teams of 2 or 12 teams of 1. No one really gives two craps about support and/or strategic play. Just get your 1k damage and move on. Silence is golden.

Here's hoping MW5 is a playable/worthwhile game...

#47 Valdarion Silarius

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationWubbing and dakkaing everyone in best jellyfish mech

Posted 24 November 2019 - 03:11 PM

View PostERescue, on 22 November 2019 - 10:40 PM, said:

@Arnold: If you are playing with a friend, the solution is actually fairly simple. You both take a fast (and preferably at least one of you an ECM-capable) Mech, run and find a lonely foe and focus it down between you two. With that method, one of you will get the kill and / or KMDD. It should not take too many games to get to 10 for both of you. Good luck!

I don't think he wants to do the event for whatever reason but I most likely end up doing it. I'll take your advice for granted if he decides to change his mind. I think the biggest problem is whenever we try group que it takes an excess of 5+ minutes just to find a QP game, when we never had that problem in past events from before. We tried the old solo que method but it sucks when we are forced to fight each other on separate teams.

#48 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 10:33 PM

View PostCrustyMech, on 24 November 2019 - 02:13 PM, said:

Its like 6 teams of 2 or 12 teams of 1.

Well it's not a team based event.

A team based event would be more like : "Get X wins in each game mode", in which case both teams would go out of their way to grab a win for the team, instead of damage for themselves.

#49 Trystan Thorne

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 299 posts

Posted 24 November 2019 - 10:59 PM

Good selection of Mechs.
Hope MW5 will succeed, so we might get more variants and new Mechs. Maybe even Mechs that aren't out in MWO yet, like the Crusader.
One can dream at least. :-D

#50 ENOVA

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 18 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 18 Qualifier
  • 115 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 24 November 2019 - 11:07 PM

Is this a FULL list of mw5 mechs? Cause I don't believe u didn't include Roughneck and Corsair in your game

T_T and please - Marauder II.... 3012

#51 General Solo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 05:16 AM

Roughneck and Corsair are not included as they are PGI creations rather than made by Battletech/Fasa I believe

#52 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 05:36 AM

I seem to remember that the Corsair was to be included at some point.

#53 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 05:59 AM

Worst ******* event ever!
It´s fun to play mechs that i haven´t touched in ages, cause they are not near any meta and no fun in ******* nascar QP.
51 mechs (if i counted right), 51.000 damage is quite challenging and i like that.
But the payout? C´mon PGI, you know better than that!
Even a skilled player needs 2 games per mech, sometimes 3 games. So you need something between 102 and 153 games, 10 minutes per game (including waiting for a game), that´s 17 to 25.5 hours to complete the event. For a skilled player!
And the MC payout is almost the same as in the last event? Which i completed in 3 hours?
MW5 promoting event, show a little effort.

Edited by Wishmast3r, 25 November 2019 - 06:21 AM.

#54 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 25 November 2019 - 07:21 AM

I personally think the game won't die due to pgi, but the idiots playing it. Nascar, never been so bad, the mini map looked at, so little.

Thank the Gods I can walk away in 29 hours time.

#55 Z Paradox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 102 posts
  • Locationozz

Posted 25 November 2019 - 08:19 AM

View PostWishmast3r, on 25 November 2019 - 05:59 AM, said:

Worst ******* event ever!
It´s fun to play mechs that i haven´t touched in ages, cause they are not near any meta and no fun in ******* nascar QP.
51 mechs (if i counted right), 51.000 damage is quite challenging and i like that.
But the payout? C´mon PGI, you know better than that!
Even a skilled player needs 2 games per mech, sometimes 3 games. So you need something between 102 and 153 games, 10 minutes per game (including waiting for a game), that´s 17 to 25.5 hours to complete the event. For a skilled player!
And the MC payout is almost the same as in the last event? Which i completed in 3 hours?
MW5 promoting event, show a little effort.

It can be finished in ~10h-11h if you jump to other mech when you die...

#56 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 08:46 AM

View PostZ Paradox, on 25 November 2019 - 08:19 AM, said:

It can be finished in ~10h-11h if you jump to other mech when you die...

11 hours means 13 minutes for each mech. You are ******* delusional.
I will finish medium mechs this evening, did light mechs yesterday and i´m already at 10 hours.

#57 Z Paradox

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 102 posts
  • Locationozz

Posted 25 November 2019 - 08:52 AM

View PostWishmast3r, on 25 November 2019 - 08:46 AM, said:

11 hours means 13 minutes for each mech. You are ******* delusional.
I will finish medium mechs this evening, did light mechs yesterday and i´m already at 10 hours.

delusional or not, event is finished

#58 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 512 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 12:20 PM

Playing QP during this event is like a Walmart sale with a 100% discount on everything ...

#59 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 26 November 2019 - 12:16 AM

If you had other games to occupy your time, then the rewards for this event wouldn't justify the play time during it. If you don't, and were going to play the hours on this game anyway, then the rewards are just icing on a cake you didn't care to eat in the first place. I'm not buying any new mechs on any of my accounts to play the event. If that means leaving categories unfinished on an account... so be it.

#60 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 325 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 26 November 2019 - 01:14 AM

Stawp complainin...

Lots of mechs are on sale, and playing them earns more c-bills from the objectives making them even cheaper. Lots of c-bills for the earning. Yes, it's a butt-ton of damage to accomplish everything. But who cares? Do what you can. I'm going for all of it, but I don't know if I'll make it ... you know ... with work and life in reality and all, lol.

I'm done with the assaults and the heavies and about to start on the mediums. I've been enjoying playing all of these mechs that I own one of or a hero maybe; some that I almost never play. Except I just can't make myself love Orions. Ugh. That was rough.

Edited by Renzor the Red, 26 November 2019 - 01:16 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users