15 replies to this topic

#1 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 27 November 2019 - 08:31 AM

The way it is now, it'll zoom in or out. But I don't need that as I always cycle zoom like in MWO. What I really want is to assign Scroll Up and Down to cycle weapon groups left and right respectively.

In MWO, I toggle chainfire in the middle of combat for existing weapon groups instead of keeping separate weapon groups for chainfire specifically. This way, if I want to chainfire 7 MPLs that are in Weapon Group 1, I just scroll to that weapon group and toggle chainfire. I can't do this in MW5 as I can't assign Scroll Up or Down for anything. I click on the keybind and when the prompt appears, I scroll up and nothing happens. This is annoying.

#2 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 27 November 2019 - 09:02 AM

I had a problem with assigning buttons too. What helped was clearing all and assign everything I need manualy. After that all future assigned buttons worked and where saved.

#3 MW Waldorf Statler

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 27 November 2019 - 12:19 PM

like me , clear all , and MW5 say numfield right is used ?! and find not the Mouse wheel :( sadley and teh Mechlab with Paintshop is broken , many time no Mechs to see, or teh paints not , colorschemes you can not save for all mechs .

#4 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 27 November 2019 - 07:34 PM

View PostNesutizale, on 27 November 2019 - 09:02 AM, said:

I had a problem with assigning buttons too. What helped was clearing all and assign everything I need manualy. After that all future assigned buttons worked and where saved.

Ok, so I have clear all the bindings and then assign each one manually? The problem I'm having is that the game seemingly not recognising that I'm scrolling my mouse wheel up and down when trying to bind it to a function. I'll do as you say and see how that works, thanks.

#5 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 28 November 2019 - 07:58 AM

BUMP. I tried clearing all of the default bindings and tried to assign Scroll Up and Down to what I want and it doesn't register. Looks like it's a bug or something.

#6 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 28 November 2019 - 09:39 AM

Perhaps you should check the bug reports on MW5 discord

#7 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 03:19 AM

mw5 handles my extra mouse buttons oddly. i think there might be an off by one error something when indexing the buttons. scroll wheel button is showing up as button 4, button 4 doesn't work at all, but button 5 works and shows up as button 3. in mwo i get all 5 buttons working and with the proper designations. its really wierd. and i once had a crash while pressing button 3 to fire some ssrms. might want to look into that pgi if you are watching.

Edited by LordNothing, 29 November 2019 - 03:20 AM.

#8 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 29 November 2019 - 03:57 AM

I had no trouble assigning buttons.. Once I figured out that if the button you wanna ad to a function is already taken by another function, you have to find that function, clear it, and free up said button. Then you can assign as normal.

Worked without issue.

It would, however, be nice if you assigned straight up, and get a message telling you "hey if you assign the "Q" button to weapon group 3, you will leave "this other button function" unassigned..

#9 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 29 November 2019 - 08:15 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 29 November 2019 - 03:57 AM, said:

I had no trouble assigning buttons.. Once I figured out that if the button you wanna ad to a function is already taken by another function, you have to find that function, clear it, and free up said button. Then you can assign as normal.

Worked without issue.

It would, however, be nice if you assigned straight up, and get a message telling you "hey if you assign the "Q" button to weapon group 3, you will leave "this other button function" unassigned..

I'm not talking about assigned key conflicts. I'm talking about not being able to assign the Scroll Up and Down to any function. I cleared all the buttons and re-did them. Even then, I wasn't able to assign the Scroll function to anything. I clicked on the empty keybind, scrolled my wheel up and nothing. It's as if it wasn't being detected. When I reset to default and try in-game, the scroll wheel works for what was assigned to it.

#10 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 29 November 2019 - 08:23 AM

In MW5 if something is already bound, you need to find where it is and unbound it before you can re-assign it to something new.

#11 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 30 November 2019 - 06:17 AM

Again, like I said, it is not that.

Currently, by default, Scroll Up and Down are bound to different levels of zoom. I unbind that and then try to map Scroll Up and Down to something and it isn't getting detected.

I unbound all the keys and tried to bind only the scroll to what I wanted and it still didn't detect it.

#12 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 02:08 AM

Wanted to +1 on the inability to remap Scroll Up and Scroll Down. Game doesn't even register the scroll action, so the scroll up and down actions are stuck with zoom or nothing.

I use Scroll Up and Down for throttle control in MWO and wanted to match it with MW5M.

#13 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 05 January 2020 - 02:50 AM

View Postarcana75, on 05 January 2020 - 02:08 AM, said:

Wanted to +1 on the inability to remap Scroll Up and Scroll Down. Game doesn't even register the scroll action, so the scroll up and down actions are stuck with zoom or nothing.

I use Scroll Up and Down for throttle control in MWO and wanted to match it with MW5M.

I had sent PGI tech support a ticket regarding this and a GM Zen replied back with a workaround. I had made a separate topic for this but I can't find it so here goes...

1. Locate the GameUserSettings.ini file. It'll be in
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\MW5Mercs\Saved\Config\WindowsNoEditor

2. Open that GameUserSettings.ini with Notepad++ or something

3. Since you want the Mouse Scroll for Max and Min throttle, find the following line...

(ActionName="SetThrottleToMax",BoundedKeys=((Key=NumPadZero)))

and change it to

(ActionName="SetThrottleToMax",BoundedKeys=((Key=MouseScrollUp)))

Find

(ActionName="Stop")

change that to

(ActionName="Stop",BoundedKeys=((Key=MouseScrollDown)))

Save it and make a back-up so that you won't have to redo this again when the patch is released. Unfortunately, if you wanted the mouse wheel to incrementally increase your throttle, you'll have to set some other value like SetThrottle to 60 or something as Mouse Down and another value to Mouse Up.

The devs are working on a patch for this apparently but for now, this should work for you. Hope it helps.

#14 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 05:38 PM

View Postarcana75, on 05 January 2020 - 02:08 AM, said:

my fix was to reset defaults, clear all mouse bindings that you dont like. exit the game, go back in and rebind.

this thread needs to be moved to the mw5 board though.

Edited by LordNothing, 05 January 2020 - 05:39 PM.

#15 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 05 January 2020 - 06:00 PM

The game doesn't detect your mouse scroll when assigning keys, though. That's the issue. The wheel itself works in-game to whatever default thing it was assigned to, it works in the menus but when you try to assign it to some other command, it doesn't detect you scrolling your wheel up or down. Hence the temporary fix.

#16 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 06 January 2020 - 12:03 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 05 January 2020 - 06:00 PM, said:

The game doesn't detect your mouse scroll when assigning keys, though. That's the issue. The wheel itself works in-game to whatever default thing it was assigned to, it works in the menus but when you try to assign it to some other command, it doesn't detect you scrolling your wheel up or down. Hence the temporary fix.

it will you detect them once the offending buttons have been cleared. but it takes exiting the game and coming back in to save the changes, and then forget that you were editing things.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users