#21 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:08 AM

View PostQuandoo, on 01 December 2019 - 01:58 PM, said:

And MWO is a huge pay2win game. After 1200hours I know which the best mechs are :>

This statement would be quite laughable even without endless MC giveaways, but considering those, its utter garbage.

View PostWhiskiz, on 01 December 2019 - 08:25 PM, said:

Or should i just go play LoL or anything else more multiplayer friendly when i've had enough of the PUG life.

Teamwork is OP and must be nerfed in this game, so move along with your common sense.

#22 SolidusPrime

• Pip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:17 AM

I also just came back from an extended break, and I have been finding matches really quickly, almost instantly most times. Even spent a lot of time over the weekend in faction play. Lots of people in comms.

It was as fun as ever. This is the first topic I've read since coming back, and I'm surprised to see people say it's "in maintenance mode" and similar stuff. It SEEMS to be as alive an healthy as ever, speaking purely from an in-game perspective.

#23 LowSubmarino

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,091 posts

Posted 02 December 2019 - 04:23 AM

View PostQuandoo, on 01 December 2019 - 01:58 PM, said:

The problem with MWO is, it's old. I expected MW5 Mulitplayer to be the new MWO.
But nooo... Posted Image

And MWO is a huge pay2win game. After 1200hours I know which the best mechs are :>

Mwo is definitely not pay to win.

I know that cause ive played since open beta and never bought any mc. You can get the most powerful mechs/loadouts just by earning cbills. Theres some mechs like the hero Quckdraw which is quite powerful with its mrm loadout and you need mc for that. But even those mechs you can get without paying any money. As much as I have critisized pgi for never fixing mwo's massive stability issues (or at the very least acknowleding them) they have been handing out free mc left and right over the years. After a few months you can easily get enough mc for free to buy at least one or two mc mechs.

But even those powerful mc only mechs arent the only powerful mechs in their weight class and most of the time you can create similar builds with cbill versions.

Its definitely not pay to win. If a completly new player scans the forum a bit and identifies good mechs/builds, then they can get their first very good mech with cbills very quickly with that cadet bonus. You never have to grind for very long if you dont just waste your cbills. I have like 35 mechbays by now even though I never bough any mc for money. If you want a lot of free mechbays and mechs very quickly though, then youll have to pay some money. In that regard, pgi has always been fair.

#24 Mister Maf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 351 posts
  • LocationAtlanta

Posted 02 December 2019 - 06:59 PM

View PostSolidusPrime, on 02 December 2019 - 04:17 AM, said:

I also just came back from an extended break, and I have been finding matches really quickly, almost instantly most times. Even spent a lot of time over the weekend in faction play. Lots of people in comms.

It was as fun as ever. This is the first topic I've read since coming back, and I'm surprised to see people say it's "in maintenance mode" and similar stuff. It SEEMS to be as alive an healthy as ever, speaking purely from an in-game perspective.

"Maintenance mode" refers to the game not presently being in active development. PGI maintains the servers and runs events and sales and does the trimonthly Solaris division changes and that's all.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users