30 replies to this topic

#21 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 07 December 2019 - 09:53 PM

View PostMighty Spike, on 07 December 2019 - 12:43 PM, said:

Still no event.. i bet 50l of my best Bavarian Beer that they will start a new Event on MW5release day ( wouldn´t surprise me.that would be typical pgi Logic...^^)

But, well, it would not make sense. Posted Image

You can expect that everyone is going to be playing the new MW5, eager to see all features of the new game - not wasting time on a challenge in MWO that he has been playing for the last few years ... Especially if all MWO challenges are always the same.

#22 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 08 December 2019 - 10:40 AM

View PostAMEN Jesus is my Lord and Savior, on 08 December 2019 - 10:15 AM, said:

2nd:Here is an idea: Make an option for people to pay real 2000 MCs for an click option to disable all other player's camo and trinkets, such as halloweeny sounds sounding all year long thus trivializing the experience and making a person go "meh", being visible to the player. In such a profitable to developer way, one can bring back (or forward) in one's mind, the seriousness of the game without stepping on any baby's toes in the process. Make the option purchasable and permanent, once it is done, either in "Settings" options, or strait in the cockpit or Mechlab.

I would pay for it instantly.

#23 CyanEyd

• PipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 83 posts
  • LocationAntelope, CA

Posted 08 December 2019 - 02:20 PM

When was the last time we didn't have some sort of weekend event?

#24 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 08 December 2019 - 10:20 PM

View Postmartian, on 02 December 2019 - 09:48 PM, said:

That wouldn't quite work. Sure, it is simple for the Davions who have their Davion Guards livery or the Steiner with their Lyran Guards livery in MWO. These are among their most elite units. Great.

But what about other factions?
  • Example: Somebody is a fan of House Marik. But he does not want to use the livery of the Free Worlds Legions (relatively unknown short-lived unit) on his 'Mechs, so he simply paints them in the white, purple and black livery of the Free Worlds Guards brigade (the oldest and most famous units of the Free Worlds League Military). And he does not have to buy any patterns since he can re-create this livery just with one and two colours.
  • Example: Somebody is a fan of House Kurita. Okay. But he does not want to use a livery of a Ghost regiment on his 'Mechs because he does not want to be associated with Yakuza criminals. So he simply paints his 'Mechs deep red to represent a Sword of Light regiment. You can not say a word against it.

Most of the faction patterns are "parade colors" unless they are fighting in their home base or city, the Mechs would most likely be using the appropriate camo for the area of battle.

View PostMighty Spike, on 07 December 2019 - 12:43 PM, said:

Still no event.. i bet 50l of my best Bavarian Beer that they will start a new Event on MW5release day ( wouldn´t surprise me.that would be typical pgi Logic...^^)

I would like 50l of fine Bavarian Bier ;-)

#25 YakkSlapper

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 175 posts
  • Locationoregon city

Posted 09 December 2019 - 08:00 AM

was a bunch of BS, just put on sale AT ONCE stop artifically 'inflating' interest where none exists, ANYONE who wanted that crap ALREADY got it long agao, so YOU FAIL ONCE AGAIN!

#26 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 09 December 2019 - 08:03 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 08 December 2019 - 10:20 PM, said:

Most of the faction patterns are "parade colors" unless they are fighting in their home base or city, the Mechs would most likely be using the appropriate camo for the area of battle.

The root of the problem is PGI's decision to offer Davion and Steiner players iconic liveries of some their elite units while offering Marik, Kurita and Liao players ugly liveries of their second-class units.

#27 NocturnalBeast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 10 December 2019 - 12:13 AM

View Postmartian, on 09 December 2019 - 08:03 AM, said:

The root of the problem is PGI's decision to offer Davion and Steiner players iconic liveries of some their elite units while offering Marik, Kurita and Liao players ugly liveries of their second-class units.

You don't like the Free Worlds League (Marik) "Buz Lightyear" pattern?

#28 n00biwan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSomerset, UK...

Posted 10 December 2019 - 02:45 AM

View PostYakkSlapper, on 09 December 2019 - 08:00 AM, said:

was a bunch of BS, just put on sale AT ONCE stop artifically 'inflating' interest where none exists, ANYONE who wanted that crap ALREADY got it long agao, so YOU FAIL ONCE AGAIN!

I did buy in the region of 20-25 one shots over the sale, but it would have been nicer to have all of the patterns to choose from at the same time ffs. "All patterns and colours 50% off" would have been better.

If you want to make a short mini sales sale why not do patterns/colours for one, horns and cockpit clutter for one, bolt ons for another and decals for the last? 4 sets of distinct stuff that allows a good amount of browse and puts the equivalent items there on sale at the same time, easier to decide if you aren't thinking "but what if ghost bear camo is better than falcon? but that's tomorrow... I dunno, fudge it..."

#29 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,695 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 05:33 AM

View PostEd Steele, on 10 December 2019 - 12:13 AM, said:

You don't like the Free Worlds League (Marik) "Buz Lightyear" pattern?

I do not know why I should buy this second class stuff when other factions are offered prime grade livery of their top units.

#30 ilKhan_OrHan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 139 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 05:11 PM

Can we have a recap day or two where they are all available again? I had no way to get the notification of the sale. I missed one pattern I have been waiting on a long time to go on sale.

#31 ThomasAH

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 199 posts

Posted 15 December 2019 - 11:18 AM

I agree that having all patterns on sale together would have been nice. It was always a position of "don't buy this now, only some days in the future (or past)", so I bought only one pattern unlock instead of 2-3. Not a big deal, it just would have been nice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users