#1 Chrome Hawk Xi

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 77 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNewport Beach, CA

Posted 10 December 2019 - 12:09 AM

This is the day I finally have signed off of TS for the last time I think. Discord is the new home, and since MWO and MW5 are both represented there, only the dinosaurs shall remain on TS. The new game is a combination of Discord/Twitch, and your favorite version, MWO or MW5, starting in 6 hours...

See ya on the only stompy mech game left in the universe. Too many have fled the universe for things like Elite Dangerous and other games, which are all equally long in the tooth. Don't hid from Epic, it isn't evil, and I know it is more secure right now than Steam, so don't hesitate for that.

See you in MW5, and here on MWO, but only now on Discord or Twitch. The bell is tolling for TS.

Chrome Hawk the Exonerated

#2 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 10 December 2019 - 12:38 AM

View PostChrome Hawk Xi, on 10 December 2019 - 12:09 AM, said:

it is more secure right now than Steam, so don't hesitate for that.

I'm not so sure about that, but ya, my UX wasn't bad at all and I was debating for a really long time whether to dl it so I could play the demo. I will still main Steam, as it's never really failed me in 10+ years, but I find the EGS front better than the Origin or Ubisoft stores. Kind of regretting not picking up RDR2, the Outer Wolrds, or Metro as they were on black friday sale on EGS right when the demo dropped.

Do I leave them both open at the same time? Heeeellllll Nawww!
but that's only because I'm superstitious

Also was in a unit that used Teamspeak for our comms. Some of the best fun I've had in a online community was through those guys (and gals).

#3 JadePanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 967 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 10:38 AM

i'd use TS if i was part of a group using it.. Theres better chances of someone using teamSPEAK to acutally SPEAK than in discord.. discord is really just free glorified shitposting/meme/chatroom software... and even worse more and more places are using it in place of properly functional discussion areas that forum software is... And then theres forum softwares de-evolution into crappy blogware..

more and more human interaction is becoming more about watching funny **** and saying dumb stuff without giving two shits about what anyone else has to really say or offer in terms of an intellegent bilateral flow of ideas and debate.. who really cares as long as i can have shits and giggles and wave my epeen around at someone else or at thier expense.. faith in humanity dwindles every day

#4 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 10 December 2019 - 10:49 AM

Discord is bloated crap.

Edited by Mister Blastman, 10 December 2019 - 10:50 AM.

#5 PhoenixFire55

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 10 December 2019 - 11:07 AM

See you back tomorrow when Discord servers run into yet another "issue".

#6 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 10 December 2019 - 12:04 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 10 December 2019 - 10:49 AM, said:

Discord is bloated crap.

^ this

sorry but I just want software to see who's in channel and be able to speak and chat with them

I really don't need a gaming social media monster with 500 features none of which I care about but are always in my face

#7 Chrome Hawk Xi

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 77 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNewport Beach, CA

Posted 10 December 2019 - 05:41 PM

Just so you know, it is just my opinion here, I prefer Discord because it integrates so well with everything else. Also, lets face it, the PARTY for games today is on Twitch. The best/easiest interface between a gaming app and twitch is using Discord.

Over the years, I have tried to have some fun with TeamSpeak using a sound board, or something like that, and essentially it would squelch out if the codecs crapped out. I haven't had that kind of issue on discord.

Finally TeamSpeak 5 will imitate discord greatly, it is ultimately going to look just like discord down the line.

To respond to Jadepanther above, the moderators of your discord site can control that crap posting issue. I think it is better to have ONE platform for all of this, and not have to either run to the game website like this to find a forum, or host with Enjin or something to have a forum for individual clans/units, is wasteful.

And ultimately, having a game owned discord like the one for MW5Mercenaries is the direction the gaming industry is going.

https://discord.gg/hcnbX5r

When you put all that together, and the lack of funding behind teamspeak, I would prefer discord.

As for the comments abouot the

#8 JadePanther

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 967 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 09:14 PM

View PostChrome Hawk Xi, on 10 December 2019 - 05:41 PM, said:

Just so you know, it is just my opinion here, I prefer Discord because it integrates so well with everything else. Also, lets face it, the PARTY for games today is on Twitch. The best/easiest interface between a gaming app and twitch is using Discord.

Over the years, I have tried to have some fun with TeamSpeak using a sound board, or something like that, and essentially it would squelch out if the codecs crapped out. I haven't had that kind of issue on discord.

Finally TeamSpeak 5 will imitate discord greatly, it is ultimately going to look just like discord down the line.

To respond to Jadepanther above, the moderators of your discord site can control that crap posting issue. I think it is better to have ONE platform for all of this, and not have to either run to the game website like this to find a forum, or host with Enjin or something to have a forum for individual clans/units, is wasteful.

And ultimately, having a game owned discord like the one for MW5Mercenaries is the direction the gaming industry is going.

https://discord.gg/hcnbX5r

When you put all that together, and the lack of funding behind teamspeak, I would prefer discord.

As for the comments abouot the

try having this discussion on a busy discord with umpteen thousand people trying to talk at once.. Discord is like a bunch of monkeys riding on the backs of cheetahs flinging poop on a wall as they go by... i could prolly say that keeping tabs on anythig flying by in discord is like looking at a herd of hyperactive jackrabbits wired up on meth and trying to keep your eyes on a single one for more than 5 seconds...

discord is a meme of the moment phenomenon.. forget just trying to have a releveant conversation of anymore than the importance of the moment of life you are in.. cause it will be lost to time very shortly.. i wonder how many things flew by in there in the time it took to write all this?

#9 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,791 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 09:16 PM

not a discord fan.

especially now that im locked out of the mw5 discord because i dont want to give them my nonexistant phone number.

Edited by LordNothing, 10 December 2019 - 09:19 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users