If You Could Drive A Tank In Mw5...what Would Your Ride Be?

46 replies to this topic

#1 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 04:58 AM

Lets imagne that driving tanks would be a thing in MW5 and that they are more viable then current tanks. What would you like to take?

Only tanks from the games timeframe or older.

Personaly I have a weak spot for the Von Luckner because of a campaing I used it in heavly and loved the versitility.
Sadly this tank would be a rare sight around the timeframe of the game as its one of the few fusion powered tanks.

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 05:10 AM

Soarece Superheavy Tank

Posted Image

or - in case I would need some range - Schrek PPC Carrier

Never runs out of ammo. No explosives onboard

Posted Image

Edited by martian, 10 December 2019 - 05:15 AM.

#3 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,733 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 05:17 AM

il stick to a demolisher.

#4 Karl Streiger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts
  • LocationBlack Dot in a Sea of Blue

Posted 10 December 2019 - 05:37 AM

Pike - 3 AC2s for armor or a AC2 carrier for moar dakka
....walk the fire right into that tiny metal box between the shoulda of that Mech and turn the inside into goulash.

#5 Therax

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 114 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 05:53 AM

Easy, Manticore
https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Manticore

Good armour, decent speed, and a nice ranged loadout. I would consider it to be a threat to most in-time-line mediums.

#6 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 05:37 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 10 December 2019 - 05:37 AM, said:

Pike - 3 AC2s for armor or a AC2 carrier for moar dakka
....walk the fire right into that tiny metal box between the shoulda of that Mech and turn the inside into goulash.

Pike is a good tank. In my experience it is best used in larger groups, not alone.

View PostTherax, on 10 December 2019 - 05:53 AM, said:

Easy, Manticore
https://www.sarna.net/wiki/Manticore

Good armour, decent speed, and a nice ranged loadout. I would consider it to be a threat to most in-time-line mediums.

Pretty solid tank. Useful in all eras.

#7 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 07:08 AM

View Postmartian, on 11 December 2019 - 05:37 AM, said:

Pike is a good tank. In my experience it is best used in larger groups, not alone.

indeed it get even better when you replace the ICE with a FCE 4/6 and almost the same loadout

btw: reminder, need to give him some more love:
Posted Image

#8 Funky Bacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 629 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 08:07 AM

Schrek is love, Schrek is life.

It's basically an AWS-8Q on threads.

Speaking of, how great would it be to have an RTS with Battletech vehicles as the focus!!??

#9 Karl Streiger

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 20,369 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 08:13 AM

View PostFunky Bacon, on 11 December 2019 - 08:07 AM, said:

Speaking of, how great would it be to have an RTS with Battletech vehicles as the focus!!??

One of my favourite designs and the one you will find when you enter (Schreck Battletech into google) is Melinda.
However the Schreck is ultimative flawed by the use of 3 PPCs.... seriously when you replace a single PPC with a AC10 you end with a much better design - or 2 PPCs and 2 AC5s or 1 PPC and 4 AC5s ... not everything becomes better by just adding another PPC

#10 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 11 December 2019 - 08:17 AM

I remember a couple of months ago when playing one of Roguetech's super-difficult missions. It had a mobile Long-Tom tank. I wants eeet!

#11 Unleashed3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 525 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 December 2019 - 08:18 AM

View PostKarl Streiger, on 11 December 2019 - 08:13 AM, said:

One of my favourite designs and the one you will find when you enter (Schreck Battletech into google) is Melinda.
However the Schreck is ultimative flawed by the use of 3 PPCs.... seriously when you replace a single PPC with a AC10 you end with a much better design - or 2 PPCs and 2 AC5s or 1 PPC and 4 AC5s ... not everything becomes better by just adding another PPC

Everything gets better with a PPC:
Boss annoys you, add PPC, ...solved Posted Image

#12 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 08:30 AM

View PostFunky Bacon, on 11 December 2019 - 08:07 AM, said:

It would be a good game.

However, BattleTech has been specifically designed and maintained with BattleMechs taking the centre stage. Vehicles of all kinds have been nerfed with the inability to mount double heat sinks and with the high vulnerability to critical hits (and especially motive system hits).

Both can be mitigated with optional rules and certain design choices. Certain vehicles are pretty good and effective combat assets.

But in the end, 'Mechs are the "Kings of the Battlefield" in BattleTech.

Posted Image

View PostKarl Streiger, on 11 December 2019 - 08:13 AM, said:

This is one choice of many that made the Steiner Banshee BNC-3S much better 'Mech than the Marik AWS-8Q Awesome.

#13 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 11 December 2019 - 08:32 AM

PPCs work also for your head and it comes in 5 flavors, Marik, Steiner, Kurita, Davion and Liao.
If you don't get it by now... I mean the drink PPC. Its Battletech equivalent to the pangalactic thundergurgler ^_^

From Sarna
"First introduced on Solaris VII, the drink is named for the powerful BattleMech weapon and takes the form of four shots of grain alcohol poured into a brandy snifter, the "white lightning" of the grain alcohol diluted with two shots of another form of alcohol. Each "variant" of the PPC is named for one of the five Great Houses and a signature alcohol associated with that realm -

- Steiner PPC cuts it with two shots of peppermint schnapps
- Marik PPC cuts it with two shots of ouzo
- Davion PPC cuts it with two shots of bourbon though tequila is used in the Capellan March
- Liao PPC cuts the drink with two shots of plum wine while
- Kurita version is cut with two shots of sake, though some mockingly claim aviation fuel if handier
- Periphery PPC, drinking the grain alcohol straight

Despite becoming a stereotype of fictional MechWarrior books and holovids, the sheer punch of the PPC and the need to swallow the drink quickly to avoid your mouth going numb means most actual MechWarriors avoid the drink"

#14 Tom Sawyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationOn your 6

Posted 11 December 2019 - 08:35 AM

https://i130.photobu...2boloattach.gif

Nothing says I love you like jumping outside canon and bringing in something from an alternate dimension where there where no mechs but there was a 17,000 ton AI beast. Course it was the last model before the Terran-Meliconian war wrecked the galaxy but hey there was the dark ages in BT lol

Edited by Tom Sawyer, 11 December 2019 - 08:37 AM.

#15 Zervziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 907 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 12 December 2019 - 07:56 PM

Alacorn
Posted Image
Cause when I'm not ruining MechWarrior's day I'll be busy working on the tracks.

#16 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 12 December 2019 - 09:38 PM

View PostZervziel, on 12 December 2019 - 07:56 PM, said:

Alacorn
Cause when I'm not ruining MechWarrior's day I'll be busy working on the tracks.

Sorry, but the Alacorn is extinct for all practical purposes in the Inner Sphere by 3015. The only surviving examples are stored in ComStar warehouses and won't take the field until 3050s.

#17 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 12:30 AM

Behemoth, personally. The armor variant. After killing or disabling 6 50ton mechs and a single hundred ton mech after getting my track disabled as a sitting duck... I feel like I could take anything in one.

#18 MW Waldorf Statler

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,457 posts
  • LocationGermany/Berlin

Posted 13 December 2019 - 03:17 AM

im Thinking , the heavy Tanks looks a little to small for 60 to 70 tons?! thats must have the size of a Warhammer Torso with Tracks in the game

Edited by MW Waldorf Statler, 13 December 2019 - 03:20 AM.

#19 Zervziel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 907 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 13 December 2019 - 06:19 AM

View Postmartian, on 12 December 2019 - 09:38 PM, said:

Sorry, but the Alacorn is extinct for all practical purposes in the Inner Sphere by 3015. The only surviving examples are stored in ComStar warehouses and won't take the field until 3050s.

Your point? The crab was pretty much extinct in the IS outside of ComStar stockpiles and it shows up anyway

#20 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,576 posts

Posted 13 December 2019 - 07:02 AM

View PostZervziel, on 13 December 2019 - 06:19 AM, said:

Your point? The crab was pretty much extinct in the IS outside of ComStar stockpiles and it shows up anyway

The Crab was still present in all corners of the Inner Sphere, albeit in its less capable CRB-20 model.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users