• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 10 December 2019 - 05:19 AM

Posted Image

Hello, Mechwarriors!

Until we have a proper MW5 forum, why don't we unite all things about MW5 in a single, easy to find, thread? (I miss the old days where we had our spot)

Let me start with some topics:
  • Mechs missing. PGI didn't include some newer released mechs in the game: Dervish, Champion, Charger and Marauder II. When these will come?
  • Remaining Unseen. There is no excuse for the Wasp, Stinger, Valkyrie, Crusader and Longbow to not feature in MW5. Especially Wasp, would be a great addition for the game, as a jumping 20 tonner.
  • Mods. I want to keep a list in this OP of the major mods. Heck, I will probably do one myself (it's been a long time).
  • Tutorials, feedback, walkthroughs: all are welcome and can be linked here.
LINKS:

Joystick Workarounds Thread

Reviews: Mods:
Spoiler

Edited by Odanan, 12 December 2019 - 07:20 AM.

#2 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 10 December 2019 - 05:32 AM

Very early plans for my mod:
  • Increase armor of all vehicles (make it relative to the buffed mechs' resistance).
  • Better turrets.
  • AI improvements.
  • Weapons of each manufacturer will have slightly different stats.
  • More time-wise and unique variants and weapons.
  • For the future: more vehicles and mech chassis.

#3 Daggett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 December 2019 - 05:39 AM

View PostOdanan, on 10 December 2019 - 05:19 AM, said:

• Remaining Unseen. There is no excuse for the Wasp, Stinger, Valkyrie, Crusader and Longbow to not feature in MW5. Especially Wasp, would be a great addition for the game, as a jumping 20 tonner.

Why should PGI waste resources on creating new mechs when they already have tons of finished ones from MWO, more than enough for a pretty good initial mech lineup?

Maybe we can see some new ones in future DLC/Expansions, but i would not take a bet on that.

Edited by Daggett, 10 December 2019 - 05:43 AM.

#4 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 10 December 2019 - 05:49 AM

View PostDaggett, on 10 December 2019 - 05:39 AM, said:

Why should PGI waste resources on creating new mechs when they already have tons of finished ones from MWO, more than enough for a pretty good initial mech lineup?

Maybe we can see some new ones in future DLC/Expansions, but i would not take a bet on that.

They do have more mechs in mWO, but except for the 4 I listed early, all of them are not in the timeline of the game (yet).

And why adding new designs? - PGI has (had?) a group of employees specialized in adding new mechs (they were the most active party in PGI for years). Unless they are all fired, PGI needs to find something for them to do.

Besides, the Unseens were an absolute sucess in the Battletech Kickstater. Adding them to this game can bring more old school fans.

#5 Unleashed3k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 525 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 December 2019 - 05:59 AM

Downloading now

21,5GB?

Edited by Unleashed3k, 10 December 2019 - 06:00 AM.

#6 Daggett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,244 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 December 2019 - 06:13 AM

View PostOdanan, on 10 December 2019 - 05:49 AM, said:

And why adding new designs? - PGI has (had?) a group of employees specialized in adding new mechs (they were the most active party in PGI for years). Unless they are all fired, PGI needs to find something for them to do.

In game development no graphic artist specializes in "creating mechs". You would have a very hard time finding a job. So the guys modeling mechs at PGI are called 3D artists and are very able to model not only mechs, but also all the vehicles, buildings, vegetation, dropships, the player's jumpship + interior and everything else 3D-related MW5 needs.

Now after all this much more important work is done, they maybe have time again to model some new mechs.

Edited by Daggett, 10 December 2019 - 06:23 AM.

#7 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 10 December 2019 - 07:04 AM

View PostDaggett, on 10 December 2019 - 06:13 AM, said:

In game development no graphic artist specializes in "creating mechs". You would have a very hard time finding a job. So the guys modeling mechs at PGI are called 3D artists and are very able to model not only mechs, but also all the vehicles, buildings, vegetation, dropships, the player's jumpship + interior and everything else 3D-related MW5 needs.

Now after all this much more important work is done, they maybe have time again to model some new mechs.

If all you do in 6 years is new mechs, I guess you become "specialized".

But yes, I hope now the game is out there, they can focus in some overlooked classics.

#8 Musashi Alexander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 213 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 07:07 AM

Maybe I misunderstood when I pre-purchased this game....

I assumed I'd get a game in Sept 2019. Instead I got a closed beta of a few pointless scenarios without any context in December 2019. WTF is this thing I've payed for. Where is the game?

Edited by Musashi Alexander, 10 December 2019 - 07:07 AM.

#9 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 10 December 2019 - 07:08 AM

So, how is the full game?

#10 frozen9999

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 07:10 AM

I buy the game from Epic Game Store but when i start the game i get this

mechwarrior 5 could not verify product ownership

#11 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 10 December 2019 - 07:11 AM

View PostMusashi Alexander, on 10 December 2019 - 07:07 AM, said:

Maybe I misunderstood when I pre-purchased this game....

I assumed I'd get a game in Sept 2019. Instead I got a closed beta of a few pointless scenarios without any context in December 2019. WTF is this thing I've payed for. Where is the game?

Go to your profile page in MW5: https://mw5mercs.com/profile

The key for the full game is there.

#12 Musashi Alexander

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 213 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 07:11 AM

View PostOdanan, on 10 December 2019 - 07:08 AM, said:

So, how is the full game?

Pointless? It's MWO repackaged a bit. There is no campaign, there is no purpose, just some random missions without meaning.

#13 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 10 December 2019 - 07:15 AM

View Postfrozen9999, on 10 December 2019 - 07:10 AM, said:

I buy the game from Epic Game Store but when i start the game i get this

mechwarrior 5 could not verify product ownership

Dang. Contact Epic Store so they can fix your issue.
https://epicgames.he...cher/?contact=1

View PostMusashi Alexander, on 10 December 2019 - 07:11 AM, said:

Pointless? It's MWO repackaged a bit. There is no campaign, there is no purpose, just some random missions without meaning.

What? Are you running the Beta? There are only 5 instant action scenarios there, but the full game was released 1 hour ago.

#14 Jacob Singer

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 10 December 2019 - 07:24 AM

Quick question, does MW5 support HDR?

#15 WOLF PACIFIER

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 37 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 10 December 2019 - 07:27 AM

View PostJacob Singer, on 10 December 2019 - 07:24 AM, said:

Quick question, does MW5 support HDR?

No, I've just checked it. Game ignores Windows HDR settings and do not have any HDR related stuff in graphics settings.
P.S. may be in the future with RTX stuff.

Edited by Wolf Pacifier, 10 December 2019 - 07:30 AM.

#16 Jacob Singer

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationGeorgia

Posted 10 December 2019 - 07:33 AM

Thanks for the quick response.

Looks like it could use some better texture work too, but I'm a graphics whoo-er.

Ok, back to the game...

#17 frozen9999

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 07:48 AM

OK got it working and some reason Bullguard firewall blocked game and after many times starting i try to turned off those and now it ask me do i want to let game contact to internet :(

#18 Odanan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 10 December 2019 - 07:58 AM

Some reviews:

https://thirdcoastre...-mechwarrior-5/

https://www.sarna.ne...you-can-expect/

#19 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,456 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 December 2019 - 08:04 AM

Anyone else got only the Editor for MW5 instead of the game, when using the "MW5 Standard Edition Key Code" ?

Edit: Epic launcher shows in the store that both MW5 Editions are "unavailable" - i guess as it either recognizes me having the game, or some issue.

Edit: nvm... epic just didnt show the game and installed the launcher, but it was shown in the library at the end.

PS: If possible, I would try to edit the walking animation. In the beta, you can totally see the different speed inside the cockpit and outside the mech (much faster, like in MWO). The mechs should stomp, not run also from the outside. Posted Image

Edited by Reno Blade, 10 December 2019 - 08:11 AM.

#20 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 10 December 2019 - 08:23 AM

Came just back from work, downloading now.. 17:20 here in norway. 64%.. gonna eat and take a shower in the meanwhile.

View PostOdanan, on 10 December 2019 - 05:19 AM, said:

Let me start with some topics:
  • Mechs missing. PGI didn't include some newer released mechs in the game: Dervish, Champion, Charger and Marauder II. When these will come?
  • Mods. I want to keep a list in this OP of the major mods. Heck, I will probably do one myself (it's been a long time).
  • Tutorials, feedback, walkthroughs: all are welcome and can be linked here.

- Well, havent booted up the game yet but hope the Hatamoto is in. Also I guess the missing mechs that ALREDY have past mech models from MWO will be later added in an update. Regarding mechs that only HBS Battletech have, like the Bull Shark AND mechs that neither game have include yet will be part of DLC is my guess.

I alwyas wanted to pilot a Valkyrie, even Im a Flea fan, I would gladly try out the Wasp and Stinger to see what the fuzz is about. Other mechs that I want are Viking and a few, nt having a clue the name on.

- Mods? Oh, Im NO modder or have time but I will gladly brainstorm and throw out ideas!

Like laser colors!. Stnadard and Extended have: Small = blue, Medium = red, Large = yellow
Pulse lasers: Small = green, Medium = purple, Large = orange
PPC = magenta, ERPPC = cyan.
Tag = well red are fine but maybe an alternate viridian/ lime green?

Thinking... You know what. If possible, why not add a color wheel/ sliders for any of them so could we change at will, for an added c-bill fee. Also maybe change colors based on the tiers? Heck, or/ and make the tiers brighten the colors and even make the tier 5 ones look close to the frigging lighsaber lasers peeps want and whining about, shutting that crowd up at least x)

I do prefer more realistic ones we got though. Thats why you modder gods are our rescue Posted Image

As I said, throwin out ideas here!

View PostReno Blade, on 10 December 2019 - 08:04 AM, said:

PS: If possible, I would try to edit the walking animation. In the beta, you can totally see the different speed inside the cockpit and outside the mech (much faster, like in MWO). The mechs should stomp, not run also from the outside. Posted Image

Agreed! But I guess they did that to create more immersion, sitting in the cockpit. Hmm.. I quikly played mwo yesterday, in an Atlas and its ugh.. not immersive at all, the cokcpit shaking while even walking feels, out of place, non immersive.

Also bumping this thread, we NEED a dedicated, stickied MW5 thread, seperate forums would be best but this should do for now. Links to mod hubs and later steam would be awesome.

View PostReno Blade, on 10 December 2019 - 08:04 AM, said:

Agreed! But I guess they did that to create more immersion, sitting in the cockpit. Hmm.. I quikly played mwo yesterday, in an Atlas and its ugh.. not immersive at all, the cokcpit shaking while even walking feels, out of place, non immersive and that even at stock speed!

Edited by Tordin, 10 December 2019 - 08:22 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users