#21 WOLF PACIFIER

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 37 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 10 December 2019 - 08:24 AM

View PostReno Blade, on 10 December 2019 - 08:04 AM, said:

PS: If possible, I would try to edit the walking animation. In the beta, you can totally see the different speed inside the cockpit and outside the mech (much faster, like in MWO). The mechs should stomp, not run also from the outside. Posted Image

I want make an addition to this. MW5 cockpit view don't have compensation. If you walk and shoot, laser beam will jump with your steps, like during MWO 3rd person shooting. Meanwhile MWO cockpit view gives you compensation, You can walk and your beam will be static on the target if you don't move it yourself.

#22 Tordin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 10 December 2019 - 08:26 AM

Huh. Interesting, thats what made it feel non-immersive and more like a person sized.. battle armor..

#23 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 10 December 2019 - 08:36 AM

View PostWolf Pacifier, on 10 December 2019 - 08:24 AM, said:

I want make an addition to this. MW5 cockpit view don't have compensation. If you walk and shoot, laser beam will jump with your steps, like during MWO 3rd person shooting. Meanwhile MWO cockpit view gives you compensation, You can walk and your beam will be static on the target if you don't move it yourself.

It’s the same in MWO.
As for the difference in walking speed from 1PV to 3PV, that can be explained. It’s the perspective and audio cues. From the cockpit everything seems slower, when pulled back in 3PV you are seeing how fast the mech is actually going. It seems off because the inner cockpit sounds and gyro motion makes it seem slower.

Edited by Jackal Noble, 10 December 2019 - 08:37 AM.

#24 WOLF PACIFIER

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 37 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 10 December 2019 - 08:41 AM

View PostJackal Noble, on 10 December 2019 - 08:36 AM, said:

Wrong quote.

#25 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 10 December 2019 - 09:15 AM

Added some reviews to the OP. Looking good! (I can't wait to get home and try it myself)

#26 WOLF PACIFIER

• PipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 37 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 10 December 2019 - 09:28 AM

I just figured out... They did it vice versa in MW5 with movement compensation\stabilisation, whatewer you call it.

MWO: 1st person = stabilisation. 3rd person = no stabilisation.
MW5 : 1st person = no stabilisation. 3rd person = stabilisation.
I hope PGI will fix this soon because shooting in MW5 using cockpit view right now, it's like shooting in MWO in 3rd person when crosshair jumps like crazy.

Edited by Wolf Pacifier, 10 December 2019 - 09:33 AM.

#27 Electron Junkie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 192 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 09:57 AM

Having played through the tutorial and first few missions, I can say for the most part I am going to keep playing.
The training mission and exfiltration are a bit cheesy and appear to be done earlier in development, but thankfully the game starts to look and behave better once you take on your first contract.

So far my minor complaints are:
1) Random arm lock and not being able to diverge the torso and arm weapons as far as MWO
2) I know I'm in the minority but I really want more bouncing and sway on the reticle with weapon targeting to match.
3) Jump jet directional control is very weak and thrust and fall both feel a bit anemic. Falling acceleration really feels like it should be about twice as fast. Sliding after landing is awesome and the rebounding on a hard touchdown a nice touch.
4) Dropship deceleration on exfiltration needs a better deceleration curve and pitch to look a little less cheesy.
5) Increase of movement speed when in dropship.
6) Possibly add some dialog to the dropship guard.

My only big complaint:
When playing on an ultrawide screen the game literally just crops the top and bottom of the field of view and the and pushes all the HUD elements way to the sides instead of keeping them about 1/3 from left and right where you can actually see them. Mechlab is even worse, all the interactive items really need to be held in a 1920~2560px wide'ish box in the middle of the screen instead of spreading everything out based on percentage.

Overall a job well done ! ! !
I look forward to the first patch =P

#28 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 10 December 2019 - 10:26 AM

seems fine at first sight, would've preferred a better AA variant, or rather options to choose from
like temporal, FXAA, MSAA

#29 SlyJJ

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 107 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 10:50 AM

I just played the beta. It looks and feels atrocious- like it’s a game developed 10 years ago

It’s very underwhelming atm. Everything feels slow and looks tacky and hastily done. I hope to god it’s imoroved by significant amounts once I log on to the actual game

#30 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 11:10 AM

View PostOdanan, on 10 December 2019 - 05:32 AM, said:

Very early plans for my mod:
  • Weapons of each manufacturer will have slightly different stats.

You won't really have to do this one.
The different tiers have different stats and are from different manufacturers.
Problem is they have escalating stats, like a level up. Meanwhile the AI does not benefit from this since they have all tier 1 equipment.

Timewise... Despite the game supposedly ending in 3049, you'll find there's a lot of references to 3052...3059.... and mechs that don't exist in the timeline of up to 3049 in the game (if it says anything, Atlas K...doesn't exist until 3049..)

One thing we could try is combining our efforts on a mod.

Because I'm already quite further along in mind if yours are still in the early plans. I've got excel spreadsheets for weapon stats, breakdowns of item costs, locations that items should be found in markets if found in markets, mechs that they should be 'stock' on, mechanics planned out...

(And to be honest, it's a lot of work to put it into the game; one thing I seriously lack is texturing skills for the 3D meshes I'm making and if you're the person I think you are, you've got the photoshop skills needed for that.)

#31 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 10 December 2019 - 11:14 AM

Man you are really, really pining for a decent texture artist, aren't ya? Posted Image

#32 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 11:18 AM

View PostOdanan, on 10 December 2019 - 05:19 AM, said:

• Remaining Unseen. There is no excuse for the Wasp, Stinger, Valkyrie, Crusader and Longbow to not feature in
Certain risks.

This said, I already started on a Wasp model, as I have Wasp and Stinger medium lasers and associated missile / MG weapons made already and Wasp is not that difficult to make. Longbow (or Crossbow? One of the two) is naturally one I'll do eventually , I'm a fan of the Rassal Bluebeam ML (And its issues).

Though I admit mine differs a little bit from the fan creations out there, since I'm using a specific piece of official art to do mine.

View PostJackal Noble, on 10 December 2019 - 11:14 AM, said:

Man you are really, really pining for a decent texture artist, aren't ya? Posted Image

Neat weapons can have all the 3D they want, but without textures nobody's gonna see them.
And neat effects...kinda also need someone to do the textures/sprites.

#33 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 11:24 AM

View PostUnleashed3k, on 10 December 2019 - 05:59 AM, said:

Downloading now

21,5GB?

Expands to 46.8 gb or so.

#34 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 10 December 2019 - 11:24 AM

View PostMusashi Alexander, on 10 December 2019 - 07:11 AM, said:

Pointless? It's MWO repackaged a bit. There is no campaign, there is no purpose, just some random missions without meaning.

wrong

Whether you like the mission story line or not, it's there.

Clearly you didn't bother reading the e-mail, telling you where the code is to claim your full game.

#35 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 11:29 AM

View PostMusashi Alexander, on 10 December 2019 - 07:07 AM, said:

Maybe I misunderstood when I pre-purchased this game....

I assumed I'd get a game in Sept 2019. Instead I got a closed beta of a few pointless scenarios without any context in December 2019. WTF is this thing I've payed for. Where is the game?

The other code beneath the beta code on the MW5 website.

View Postfrozen9999, on 10 December 2019 - 07:10 AM, said:

I buy the game from Epic Game Store but when i start the game i get this

mechwarrior 5 could not verify product ownership

Were you able to solve this?

View PostMusashi Alexander, on 10 December 2019 - 07:11 AM, said:

Pointless? It's MWO repackaged a bit. There is no campaign, there is no purpose, just some random missions without meaning.

There's a revenge plot story to get the murderers of your parents, after building yourself up to be strong enough, and then you die fighting the Clans.
Nobody said it was a big plot.

I suppose the important variable, is do you get revenge before you die fighting the clans, or did you fail horribly, or did you go bankrupt instead.

#36 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 11:34 AM

View PostReno Blade, on 10 December 2019 - 08:04 AM, said:

PS: If possible, I would try to edit the walking animation. In the beta, you can totally see the different speed inside the cockpit and outside the mech (much faster, like in MWO). The mechs should stomp, not run also from the outside. Posted Image

If you can do that, welp I'd appreciate not having to do that too.

This said, their "running" (heavies and assaults especially) is an issue with using MWO's animations and expecting faster speeds. I'd prefer to see some strides/jogs, something Mw3-opening-ish for the chicken walkers.

#37 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 10 December 2019 - 11:39 AM

View PostKoniving, on 10 December 2019 - 11:29 AM, said:

There's a revenge plot story to get the murderers of your parents, after building yourself up to be strong enough, and then you die fighting the Clans.
Nobody said it was a big plot.

I suppose the important variable, is do you get revenge before you die fighting the clans, or did you fail horribly, or did you go bankrupt instead.

It's almost like an ideal story to be set in a Battletech universe. Haters are going to hate regardless.

#38 The Amazing Atomic Spaniel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • LocationBath, UK

Posted 10 December 2019 - 11:41 AM

View PostKoniving, on 10 December 2019 - 11:34 AM, said:

This said, their "running" (heavies and assaults especially) is an issue with using MWO's animations and expecting faster speeds. I'd prefer to see some strides/jogs, something Mw3-opening-ish for the chicken walkers.

I remember when they matched the leg motion 1-to-1 to the speed way back in early MWO. Ever since, the poor little Awesome's legs have had to frantically waggle backwards and forwards to keep up. Quite comical. I like what they have done in MW5 much better, but really wish they had de-bounced the animations and just let the mechs slide a bit to keep the pace down and the impression of mass up if they couldn't move to an additional running animation.

#39 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 11:42 AM

View PostTordin, on 10 December 2019 - 08:23 AM, said:

- Well, havent booted up the game yet but hope the Hatamoto is in. Also I guess the missing mechs that ALREDY have past mech models from MWO will be later added in an update. Regarding mechs that only HBS Battletech have, like the Bull Shark AND mechs that neither game have include yet will be part of DLC is my guess.

Nope, and nope. But given some of the files in the game they'll probably be DLC.
The HBS model sharing according to PGI was one way. MW5's additions of Bull Shark and Axman would require a modder to import the model over and animate it.

I alwyas wanted to pilot a Valkyrie, even Im a Flea fan, I would gladly try out the Wasp and Stinger to see what the fuzz is about. Other mechs that I want are Viking and a few, nt having a clue the name on.

On my list to mod in, though Wasp, Stinger, Scorpion (Mech) and a few of the simpler 2750s are coming first.

- Mods? Oh, Im NO modder or have time but I will gladly brainstorm and throw out ideas!

Like laser colors!. Stnadard and Extended have: Small = blue, Medium = red, Large = yellow
Pulse lasers: Small = green, Medium = purple, Large = orange
PPC = magenta, ERPPC = cyan.
Tag = well red are fine but maybe an alternate viridian/ lime green?

Mine's got plenty. This said. Several of my MLs have red (specific examples include Diverse Optics Type 18 and Defiance B3M). Don't have a yellow large laser yet, but if you know a specific brand name that should have it that I haven't already dug out lore for on the color, lemme know and I'll make it happen.

Thinking... You know what. If possible, why not add a color wheel/ sliders for any of them so could we change at will, for an added c-bill fee. Also maybe change colors based on the tiers? Heck, or/ and make the tiers brighten the colors and even make the tier 5 ones look close to the frigging lighsaber lasers peeps want and whining about, shutting that crowd up at least x)

I'm certain someone could do that, programming issue and alpha channel coloring keeps me from doing that specifically, besides with some 66 medium lasers alone... I'll stick with cherry picking the colors from text and then working with what's left.

#40 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 10 December 2019 - 11:51 AM

That's because if you watch the MWO view, your head floats in the air while your body goes up and down like a yo-yo. Look down with CTRL in MWO and the highest FOV you can get, your body jostles up and down and your head floats there like the Nopegineer.

In MW5, your head moves with your body and the rest of the mech.
As such, your laser's aim moves with your body and the rest of the mech.

This is actually better, as if it didn't you'd get shots like this.
Posted Image
Okay that doesn't show it as well, so lets try this.
Posted Image
Who needs to aim? I don't my lasers automatically find their targets and shoot sideways!

And this (notice the AC round is going SIDEWAYS
Posted Image

Now imagine how it'd kill your immersion if you saw that happening from the AI, your allies, or fellow players.

Since the mechs move like this

There's no more floating disconnected bullets as you fire that other people would see. If the AI had this, without the lag of being online, their arm might be down here_ in a specific frame of animation but their bullet would be doing this ‾ far away from the arm, because the position telling where to fire from would be floating instead of moving with the mech.
MWO compensates by doing this.

Arm is here_ but view is ‾ and floating..
Bullet does _/‾ and this is happening all the time in MWO and you might not notice due to the lag and other issues, but it is happening.

Edited by Koniving, 10 December 2019 - 11:59 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users