Mw5 Editor

46 replies to this topic

#41 Adrian Pride

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationMWO

Posted 27 December 2019 - 04:27 PM

View PostKoniving, on 27 December 2019 - 01:02 PM, said:

Something tells me we'll someday see furries, ponies, and anime characters done similar ways.
Probably why my mod's gonna stick to weapons and other game improvements rather than the cosmetics of the UI and stuff; people might like the guns but not like any UI stuff I do, and I want my mod to be compatible with a number of other mods.

That is the cool thing about Internet, you meet so much People...the one can this very good, the other something different.
together making such cool things.
If you want, i can upload you all the Weapon Sound Files and you can start creating new ones.
For the case the PGI Mod Tools are more then "create custom Missions" :)

View PostNesutizale, on 27 December 2019 - 02:41 PM, said:

I like the Eve chars and the added filter to give them a slightly cartoonish/drawn look. I will be happy to exchange the character images as soon as you are done.

Yes the Chars are very cool and customizable, i just made a quick test yesterday.
The Cartoon filter can be look much better, if i take a bit more time for each char.
Im so happy, that fit exactly in my Design Plan and the time i saved searching....i can spend in programming my Tool.
Thank you for your kind words and im happy you like the look of the Gray Death Legion Chars i create now :)

#42 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 06:40 PM

View PostAdrian Pride, on 27 December 2019 - 04:27 PM, said:

If you want, i can upload you all the Weapon Sound Files and you can start creating new ones.

That would be appreciated. ^_^

#43 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 07:40 PM

Now, far as my weapons, we have autocannons going out to around 2,000 meters (between recoil and mostly burst and automatic ACs it would be hard to snipe people let alone get pinpoint accuracy at those ranges but you can reach and hurt them).

For those extreme ranges, the loss of kinetic power over time is what degrades the damage potential. Then after a certain distance, the AC's shell is just going to self-destruct.

Now, since my lasers are getting to do damage to lightly armored targets at much longer ranges I need a similar way of dealing with long ranges.
Currently, I'm using thermal bloom and laser diffusion as the reasons that the laser damage will degrade over distance. Other particles, such as anti-laser countermeasures, smoke, fire, ash, etc. can also cause laser degradation.

For kinetic energy of ACs I used velocity as how to determine what ranges the damage would be reduced at.
For lasers, I'm still working out how to determine the rate of decay.

At the moment, since I recycled the Excel spreadsheet for an AC/5 for the lasers, under medium laser at a default tabletop range of 9 hexes, the equation I have for velocity and expected ranges (with incomplete modification for medium laser) instantly calculates the following.
TT short: 90 meters. TT medium: 180 meters. TT long: 270 meters. TT extreme: 360 meters. TT Sharp-shooter: 540 meters.
(Distance at which) Kinetic (energy begins to become) lost: 720 meters. Range until self destruct: 1080 meters (that's because it hasn't been modified to account for a laser and still thinks I'm making inputs about a bullet). Velocity I didn't bother listing as I don't intend to use it.

But does 720 sound like too much for a 0 damage range against mechs/tanks for medium lasers?
What would you set it at?
If you were to do an equation based on whatever the expected range (270 or X where X is whatever you set it to be), what would that equation be before atmospheric obstacles enter the mix?

Any thoughts?

#44 Davegt27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,952 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 27 December 2019 - 08:14 PM

View PostAdrian Pride, on 27 December 2019 - 05:56 AM, said:

Very nice model's and Design !
Maybe we can do something together wen there is erm "full" mod support Posted Image
I did not look actual how to swap/insert new models.

To the Dropship, the Ingame Model has 4 Doors. Even with Cinematics Doors.
Textures from the Model leading to the Leopard Folder, so i think PGI maybe wanted to use this as Main Dropship.
Or it is just there for testing, like so much unused files...i mean why is there a "saurons eye" or a "Mannequin" as Models.
Even the MechCon2018 Demo is inside Posted Image

Posted Image

Or maybe a Test for some other Crazy Head like this:
Posted Image
I know that in the Canon some Stuff like this was used...but i prefer more actual Mechwarrior Style, were Pilots went in underwear inside...Reactors can became hot ;-)
Dont ask me how this poor Pilot ever move his Head left/right to see Enemys.

I like the Union even as mini, more then the Leopard:
Posted Image

I can post some Images from the Game creation/testing Phase.
For all People who do not like the Game Menu and HUD.
The Images from Testing are Way look much worse then now.
Posted Image
Must be early Game Design...but why inside the Game Files like Ton's other Stuff...not every User has Fast Internet to Download...maybe because "Hey we can't deliver 500mb Game on a branded CD this days"...excuse my Humor Posted Image

Posted Image

#45 Adrian Pride

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationMWO

Posted 27 December 2019 - 08:26 PM

View PostKoniving, on 27 December 2019 - 06:40 PM, said:

That would be appreciated. Posted Image

Let's make it other, not that i got banned for sharing copyright game files Posted Image
Just download the "Ue-Viewer" from Gildor: https://www.gildor.o...projects/umodel
You can browse the Gamefiles and extract the Audio files you can find here:
"MW5Mercs-WindowsNoEditor\MW5Mercs\Content\WwiseAudio\Windows"
Use "Weapons.bnk" for WwiseAudio: https://www.audiokin...products/wwise/
Extract all the .wem Files to OGG for editing with this Tool: https://github.com/h...ww2ogg/releases

By loading the "Weapons.bnk" in "WwiseAudio" you can select your Folder with the Audio Files and edit them like you want.
As you can read in "WwiseAudio" the Soundfile Names.
The .wem Files are not Named and written like: 339425852.wem

There is also a TXT File "Weapons.txt" were you get your Wwise Path Structure:

Event ID Name Wwise Object Path Notes
157790815 SRM_2_Fire \Default Work Unit\Weapons\Missiles\SRM_2_Fire
170297666 AC10_Reload \Default Work Unit\Weapons\Ballistics\AC10_Reload
301901200 AC2_Fire \Default Work Unit\Weapons\Ballistics\AC2_Fire
346142777 AC5_Fire \Default Work Unit\Weapons\Ballistics\AC5_Fire
427154158 Large_Laser \Default Work Unit\Weapons\Energy\Large_Laser

This Way you should easy edit the Weapon Sounds and im sure you allready know what to do :-)

#46 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 08:50 PM

I've got this far
MW5Mercs-WindowsNoEditor.pak\MW5Mercs\
And from there I've got Plugins.
But they have nothing to do with sounds.

If I instead go under MW5Mercs-WindowsNoEditor.pak\Game\Audio\Events\Weapons\
I get an assortment of Energy, Ballistic, Flamer and Missile.
But all I see are Uasset files...and much like uopener, umodel doesn't actually export anything when I tell it to export those.

Posted Image
Actually in general, I can't get most things to export at all. Since the only thing I can access through the original UE Viewer is uasset files often only 1 kb in size... I can't really do anything.

Under MW5Mercs-WindowsNoEditor.pak\Game\Audio\Banks\Weapons is another uasset file titled weapons, but again it's only 1 kb.

Edited by Koniving, 27 December 2019 - 09:16 PM.

#47 Adrian Pride

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationMWO

Posted 27 December 2019 - 11:32 PM

View PostKoniving, on 27 December 2019 - 08:50 PM, said:

I've got this far
MW5Mercs-WindowsNoEditor.pak\MW5Mercs\
And from there I've got Plugins.
But they have nothing to do with sounds.

ok, send me a PM and we get this working, later wen im back from sleeping.
i see this as proof that you have the game and that should be no problem for me, wen i send you the sounds in private.
i hope so Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users