Contract Info On Starmap

5 replies to this topic

#1 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 07:10 AM

Instead of haveing to guess if contracts in the area are on your level via reputation, wouldn't it be more simple and better to have the actual MRBC/difficuluty rating on the map?

#2 The Amazing Atomic Spaniel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 932 posts
  • LocationBath, UK

Posted 20 December 2019 - 07:34 AM

The conflict zones each have a merc rating. If you click on the shaded region, it gives you a brief description of the politics and human geography and gives you the merc rating for all missions in that region. Useful, Because if you start to run out of money, you can go back to easier missions in lower-rated regions to accumulate some funds without getting your mechs trashed every drop.

#3 7Zebras

• PipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 23 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 07:44 AM

Nes,
I agree. Let us get the intel before we hop to the planet. Yes, there are reputation points and EVENTUALLY you will learn what rep level corresponds to the allowable drop weight, but it would be better to have this info before I decide to go to the planet. Hell, let me see how my reputation modifies how much loot I can claim. If I am space-poor I would like to be able to chose a destination that best suites my needs at the time.

#4 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 08:22 AM

View PostThe Amazing Atomic Spaniel, on 20 December 2019 - 07:34 AM, said:

The conflict zones each have a merc rating. If you click on the shaded region, it gives you a brief description of the politics and human geography and gives you the merc rating for all missions in that region. Useful, Because if you start to run out of money, you can go back to easier missions in lower-rated regions to accumulate some funds without getting your mechs trashed every drop.

Yes and no. It shows the reputation rating of the region, that is correct but it dosn't tell me if I find level 50 or 60 or 70 missions in that region. Sure I could create an excel sheet where I write that all down but that is just a step that seams rather unneccessary and over complicated to me.

#5 overheal

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • 52 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 09:22 AM

Most communication in BT happens by HPG right? So, there's not going to be that access to data in universe tbf

#6 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,240 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 11:39 AM

Well they give us a value that is open to interpretation allready so you could make a list of what reputation results in what level of mission or they could just state that from the start.

From what I recal it would be more normal that you would either fly back to Galatea to go to the Mercs HQ to find new contracts or you leave someone behind who gathers contracts for you and send them via HPG to a specific point where you collect it.
Sometimes you might also find the next contract on the planet you are one but that would most likely be another contract on that planet or in system not somewhere else.

So MW5s way is allready more abstract or simplified, depending on how you want to see it. Because of that I would say lets make the design more fluid and intuitive then adding a barrier that dosn't serves any function.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users