49 replies to this topic

#21 JazzTheKami06

Rookie

• The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 6 posts
  • LocationNew York, USA

Posted 20 December 2019 - 08:47 AM

The mental gymnastics one must perform to find the bad in this just for the sake of creating a sense of schadenfreude is truly astounding.

Meanwhile every other platform is having also having some form of holiday sale... But no, you want these guys to fail so badly that you will ignore any common sense here... all because you're still upset regarding a marketing decision that in reality doesn't affect you one single bit.

Off topic, that to me is just as bad as the people who supposedly cancelled their pre-orders in protest but are now somehow criticizing the gameplay mechanics for a game they supposedly...didn't...get.

#22 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 10:47 AM

Already have MW5 Mercs, but the coupon can be used on anything that's 14.99 and up.

Epic's also giving away a 20 dollar game, and is supposed to be giving away more games over the next several days.

View PostMister Maf, on 19 December 2019 - 12:08 PM, said:

Thanks for the heads-up. Also of note everyone if you just skimmed the announcement like I did until just now and missed the bit at the bottom: from Dec. 19 (today) through Jan. 1 there is a different free game every day. Do yourself a favor and check out today's which is Into the Breach, a mech tactics/puzzle game.

I missed that game because my wife spent the day hogging the computer to bully the "cute little tanks." Is it any good?

Edit:
...Huh.
Just realized I own it on Steam and just haven't had a chance to try it. Launching now and I guess I'll answer myself. :P

Edited by Koniving, 20 December 2019 - 10:52 AM.

#23 CycKath

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,574 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 20 December 2019 - 11:46 AM

Less worried it indicates desperation on PGI's part and more how much control Epic have over PGI

"Dear Epic Game Exclusive Developer, we think it would be a really good idea indeed if you recommended this Epic Games Store sale/event to your player base"

#24 anfadern

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 270 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 20 December 2019 - 12:09 PM

40$ is OK for MW5.
Done deal.

#25 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 20 December 2019 - 02:39 PM

-10$ ? 30?

#26 Gri3f

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 12:24 AM

View PostRakia Time, on 19 December 2019 - 09:55 PM, said:

make it a $50 discount and it might be worth it

I have a better one. You'll have to pay me to make me play it.

View Postanfadern, on 20 December 2019 - 12:09 PM, said:

40$ is OK for MW5.
Done deal.

Ever heard of regional pricing? In some third world countries MW5 costs as little as 1100 candy wrappers or 18 usd if you will. And those poor ******** still get their 10 usd (or 650 poor mans coins) coupons. Which cuts the total price for the game to around 7-8 usd. How's that for an OK price?
Mind blown.

Edited by Gri3f, 21 December 2019 - 12:29 AM.

#27 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 21 December 2019 - 04:26 AM

View PostGri3f, on 21 December 2019 - 12:24 AM, said:

Ever heard of regional pricing? In some third world countries MW5 costs as little as 1100 candy wrappers or 18 usd if you will. And those poor ******** still get their 10 usd (or 650 poor mans coins) coupons. Which cuts the total price for the game to around 7-8 usd. How's that for an OK price?
Mind blown.

Because it is low enough to garner a sale for otherwise a not-sale from people who couldn't afford to buy it in the first place.

#28 Gri3f

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 05:17 AM

View PostThe6thMessenger, on 21 December 2019 - 04:26 AM, said:

Because it is low enough to garner a sale for otherwise a not-sale from people who couldn't afford to buy it in the first place.

Wow, that's one hard to read sentence. What I was trying to say, don't you find it amusing that while someone considers 40 usd to be a fair price, some other people can get it for as low as 8 usd.

Edited by Gri3f, 21 December 2019 - 08:02 AM.

#29 The6thMessenger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 8,045 posts
  • LocationFrom a distance in an Urbie with a HAG, delivering righteous fury to heretics.

Posted 21 December 2019 - 03:05 PM

View PostGri3f, on 21 December 2019 - 05:17 AM, said:

Wow, that's one hard to read sentence. What I was trying to say, don't you find it amusing that while someone considers 40 usd to be a fair price, some other people can get it for as low as 8 usd.

No, its not funny. Because there are different costs of living on different places, that is just the reality. What are you thinking of moving away on a less developed country just to buy a game for 8$? Good luck.

They are after are sales as well, there is no point having a cost so high that they literally just cannot buy anything. The point of discounts, is that well, even if at a lesser price, you still make a sale and gained something on otherwise nothing. Even the bargain-bin Steam-Sales -- they do so because the game is old enough that not a lot of interest for it to be bought at full price, same thought.

As for the actual price-cut of products, consider that MW5 is only out on Dec-10, it is really really early for any price-cut, let alone a -75% discount. Why is Epic doing that? Is it for stunt? For generosity? I'm a Steam user, and I haven't even seen discounts on recently-released games, saved for those that had terrible sales such as Battlefield V or Star-Wars Battle-Front IIRC that were on the news, so connect the dots.

While PGI doesn't have to worry because Epic basically bought most of their return-on-investment (bunch of sell-outs), it does look more like Epic being desperate so much so that they borderline-give-away new-releases.

Edited by The6thMessenger, 21 December 2019 - 07:34 PM.

#30 K4I 4LL4RD LI4O

• PipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 12:32 AM

Is there no play one game with 50 matchscore at december.26 to get cool stuff for christmas this year???

Edited by K4I 4LL4RD LI4O, 23 December 2019 - 12:33 AM.

#31 Betrax

• PipPipPip
  • Nova Captain
  • Nova Captain
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 02:28 AM

View PostK4I 4LL4RD LI4O, on 23 December 2019 - 12:32 AM, said:

Is there no play one game with 50 matchscore at december.26 to get cool stuff for christmas this year???

#32 Tertius

• PipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 72 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 December 2019 - 05:04 AM

So, PGI is merely only another advertising division of Epic.

Posting MW5 stuff on the MWO site, since everyone who bought MW5 will take no further notice of the MW5 Site. Seems like the only potential customers left are the ones who still like to play MWO.

#33 Far Reach

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Tracker
  • The Tracker
  • 134 posts

Posted 24 December 2019 - 08:58 AM

Good to see the paid/free(sad) shills front and center, aggressively replying to people who mention MW5's tanking sales.

All you have left are the desperate and the blind.

10$ off Epic game store purchases is like getting a discount on your lobotomy.

#34 Mr D One

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 1,266 posts
  • LocationMmmmmm yes

Posted 24 December 2019 - 10:55 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 19 December 2019 - 02:37 PM, said:

Can I get that gold King Crab tho?

I believe the IGP $500 Gold skin promotion ended 5 years ago.... Still, you can buy the K'AN colour for 1000 MC. Works just as well.

Mmmmmmmmmmm yes

Crab-ulous!

Edited by Dar1ngOne, 24 December 2019 - 10:57 PM.

#35 Fat Jack Murphy

• PipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 91 posts
  • LocationEuropa

Posted 26 December 2019 - 11:42 AM

great. a 10$ voucher for some game store i aint going to.
come back with real news, will ya ?

#36 Smokeviper

• PipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 37 posts
  • LocationRight behind you!

Posted 26 December 2019 - 03:04 PM

Back in the day there used to be MWO news posted here.

The people that play MWO and wanted MW5 by now have bought it, probably most of the ones that did not buy, decided that you lied to us, and the milk is sour. Please stop trying to sell us your different game and get back to MWO.

#37 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 26 December 2019 - 09:07 PM

Speaking for myself I was only playing MWO whilst waiting for MW5.
I waited since MW4 for MW5 but MWO happened instead.
Which is also guid as now not only do we have the MW series but we have a online version for the the PvP demographic.

Win win
WIN!

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 26 December 2019 - 09:08 PM.

#38 Gri3f

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 03:35 AM

OZHomeOZ said:

Which is also guid we have a online version for the the PvP demographic.

Not for long, lol. MWO playerbase is at its lowest. The only development this game had in years were mechpacks. And now even they are gone. Isn't that a sign of how dire the situation is?They said that MWO going into full maintenance mode was a temporary move. To shift all resources available to MW5. Do you believe they will shift back to MWO now that MW5 is released? I don't see any point in doing that. And I doubt they see it either.

#39 The Unstoppable Puggernaut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1,022 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 28 December 2019 - 03:31 AM

If you have to make a choice on which game to apply that voucher to, don't pick MW5. It's crap. Just pick it up when it gets reduced to £5/$5.

Yeah I was a fool for pre-ordering it, thinking it'd be fine, I was considering all the effort that's been put into MWO and the community's feedback. Just to see none of it make it to MW5 at ALL.

The voice acting is bland and unmotivating, the UI in all aspect's has taken many steps back. The long grind... feels pointless
I was at least hoping they could even take something away from BT, which for me was highly addictive but no. You'll have to jump to a planet to find out whether it was worth it or not. When told there's a unique mech on a planet, turns out to be a load of crap and yet oddly on a random planet looking for pilots I found a Grid Iron (which is OP). The music's rubbish so I had to turn that off completely. I personally haven't had a problem with my AI team mates yet but I can easily see the scope for it.

If I compared this even to MW2, the only win MW5 would have would be the graphics, which by the way seems to slow the performance to a crawl when the action starts, on a I7 Skylake 32GB RAM and nvidia 1080 (mostly on high graphics, not highest).

I was hoping they could port MWO to use the same MW5 engine but in actual fact, I'd rather they don't.

---

If anyone's wondering, I had no issues using the Epic store as it's got good discounts and it's giving away free games at the moment etc. I picked up Red Dead discount with the £10 voucher which was great.

#40 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 03:54 PM

View PostGri3f, on 27 December 2019 - 03:35 AM, said:

Not for long, lol. MWO playerbase is at its lowest.

MWO was quite popular with the PvP demographic form about Open beta to Faction Warfare pre long tom phases, Long enough, 3 or 4 years.

Expecting a game to change dramatically after 3 or 4 years must be a new thing.

Also the games nearing the end of its life cycles, so low population is expected.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users