Mw5: Do Not Lose Your Pilots.

11 replies to this topic

#1 AurioDK

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 10:53 PM

I am near the end and lost two of my best pilots thinking I could replace them, some RNG is perhaps involved here though, not sure.

I got two pilots from missions, both very good potential but they came with 1 evasion and very low damage resistance. Absolutely useless for end game unless the devs want me to farm their ability for ages, in which case you may just end up losing those as well.

I am doing an ironman run, no save scumming which is impossible if pilots are useless near the end, that will force save scumming if there is a next run which I doubt.

Maybe those were RNG rolls and I was just unlucky but giving me a pilot with 45 potential with no skills is kind of sad. I was actually extremely happy when I saw the rewards, I thought it was a good idea to award pilots in missions.

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 11:00 PM

Thank you for your insight.

Perhaps the next time it would be good to post it in MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries section.
https://mwomercs.com...-5-mercenaries/

#3 AurioDK

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 December 2019 - 11:23 PM

View Postmartian, on 19 December 2019 - 11:00 PM, said:

Perhaps the next time it would be good to post it in MechWarrior 5: Mercenaries section.

Thanks, I didn´t actually see that sub forum.

#4 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 20 December 2019 - 01:17 AM

View PostAurioDK, on 19 December 2019 - 10:53 PM, said:

I am near the end and lost two of my best pilots thinking I could replace them, some RNG is perhaps involved here though, not sure.

I got two pilots from missions, both very good potential but they came with 1 evasion and very low damage resistance. Absolutely useless for end game unless the devs want me to farm their ability for ages, in which case you may just end up losing those as well.

I am doing an ironman run, no save scumming which is impossible if pilots are useless near the end, that will force save scumming if there is a next run which I doubt.

Maybe those were RNG rolls and I was just unlucky but giving me a pilot with 45 potential with no skills is kind of sad. I was actually extremely happy when I saw the rewards, I thought it was a good idea to award pilots in missions.

I got one guy from a reward and he has 42 potential skill-ups. The thing is, I had to travel back to Liao space to get some missions where he wouldn't be a liability. I luckily posted about this and was told that the missions in the previous conflict zones that you travelled from will have the same rating that they originally had. So, yeah. You definitely can't skill them up in higher renown rated systems.

It's similar to Battletech. You almost cannot find a top tier pilot who has all skills nearly maxed out. The elite pilots that you can find in the hiring halls there are those that have 3 skills unlocked and specialized in.

#5 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 01:34 AM

I think I know that pilot. Well I dragged him along and yes he lost some components but I still managed and now he is good.

#6 Vellron2005

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 20 December 2019 - 02:17 AM

View Postmartian, on 19 December 2019 - 11:00 PM, said:

Finally! Thanks for that, I would have missed it completely if you hadn't posted it here..

#7 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,578 posts

Posted 20 December 2019 - 08:39 AM

View PostAurioDK, on 19 December 2019 - 11:23 PM, said:

Thanks, I didn´t actually see that sub forum.

View PostVellron2005, on 20 December 2019 - 02:17 AM, said:

Finally! Thanks for that, I would have missed it completely if you hadn't posted it here..

You are welcome. Posted Image

Having created such forum two weeks ago would have been better, but as they say: "Better late than never!".

#8 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 20 December 2019 - 01:55 PM

saw my first skill 60 pilot,, so I Hired them, did a contract near by and forgot to place that new hire in the lance, so headed back south to a area I know would be easier to skill up the new hire to 60/60, get there, grabbed a contract, went to place new hire int lance . . .

wait for it ...

in my excitement of seeing a skill 60, I forgot to select that 60 and was actually on a 55, so I had ended up hiring a 55 and not the 60 .

gets even better, , went back to grab that 60, aaaand not there, of course .. figuring my rep maybe high enough there has to be another 60 showing up else where, few yeas of traveling and many millions of c-bills spent looking, I gave up headed back south .. stopped in Davion space a rank 6 area, took a peek, and there was a skill 60 pilot for hire.
Hired . headed to my Liao grinding area, peeked in the Barracks there . . another Skill 60, Hired

okay, at the time I was headed south, I didn't think till then after all the time and c-bills spent, I could had just loaded a previous auto save, and so i did, but for some reason I did not get the c-bills or salvaged mechs I sold, to fund this adventure, and too many saves since that pilot was first discover, I could not go back far enough to that time.

and that's my story

#9 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 01:46 PM

i tell them not to die but they suck at following orders.

#10 Tordin

• The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 2,936 posts
  • LocationNordic Union

Posted 22 December 2019 - 12:05 PM

I wonder, do pilots get unlimited ammo when placed in mechs?

Anyhow. They will obviously die if cockpit shot, but only injured if their mech is legged and/ or both side torsos destroyed.
The eneymy A.I pilots might have bigger chance to eject and GTFO if all their weapons are destroyed. Smart enough NOT to just limp around like a metal stick.

Edited by Tordin, 22 December 2019 - 12:05 PM.

#11 Five by Five

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 09:08 AM

View PostXaat Xuun, on 20 December 2019 - 01:55 PM, said:

okay, at the time I was headed south, I didn't think till then after all the time and c-bills spent, I could had just loaded a previous auto save, and so i did, but for some reason I did not get the c-bills or salvaged mechs I sold, to fund this adventure, and too many saves since that pilot was first discover, I could not go back far enough to that time.

and that's my story

ah the auto-save not catching salvage bug . . . (did the patch fix that?) . I salvaged a Blackjack on an assassination mission, which was great because I wanted to get something at 45 tons. Next mission I realized I hadn't replaced the lost LRM ammo on my Centurion so a loaded the post mission auto save and my Blackjack was gone, so a redid the previous mission and ended up with the Hunchback as salvage, which I was short 1 salvage point to claim . . .

#12 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 23 December 2019 - 03:23 PM

there had been too many saves, that the save I needed to go to, had been bumped out of the selection, it was just a moment loss, not something that would never be available again. It was just, if I had thought of it soon enough, I could had just used a save back to that point and grabbed the correct pilot.
so couldn't really say if the patch fixed it, time passed, and I went on.

I have noticed a 47/60 pilot is cheaper then a 57/60 pilot, and in the end, they'll both be 60/60.

Now I'm just looking for pilots ??/60, just for appearance, want matching suits Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users