Remove Dom And Assault, And Put Conquest Back In

313 replies to this topic

#1 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 05:37 PM

get rid of assault because we should not allow stupid wins with no combat to exist. sucks to spend 40 minutes in queue for a 4 minute cap race.

get rid of dom because combat avoidant types like to throw games because no one wants to take center. they think they can control the center with trading and then fail to trade with enough frequency or success to actually stop capping. its also way to easy for one side to push hard and deny the circle and the end result is a 2 minute game.

conquest on the other hand is all about map control and usually forces a lot of pocket battles all over the place. raise the cap goal so we can start getting into our fourth mechs and it will be better. fp conquest was the best damn mode in the game, and the qp shell of the mode is all that remains.

and more siege. there is not enough siege.

#2 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 21 December 2019 - 10:48 PM

and another game where everyone is too good to be the one guy who holds the circle.

and another that ended early because some idiot wouldn't get out of the circle.

Edited by LordNothing, 21 December 2019 - 11:15 PM.

#3 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 10:02 AM

Dom does for real suck. People getting TK'd for being in the circle.

Needs a longer timer and a bigger pee stain.

Assault fine, but likewise needs a longer time.

I do miss conquest; conquest easily the most interesting and dynamic mode.

Edited by Prototelis, 22 December 2019 - 10:03 AM.

#4 The Jewce Iz Loose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 111 posts

Posted 22 December 2019 - 07:41 PM

Conquest is a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off running around. This game is built around teamwork and most these game modes don't foster teamwork. More siege is the correct answer.

#5 PeekaBoo I C Ju

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 421 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationUnder your bed....BOO!

Posted 22 December 2019 - 11:37 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 22 December 2019 - 10:02 AM, said:

Needs a longer timer and a bigger pee stain.

Assault fine, but likewise needs a longer time.

I do miss conquest; conquest easily the most interesting and dynamic mode.

agree with almost everything, except put conquest back in, I would support removing all qp maps and modes from fp to be truthful, but ya, to say domination sucks in every mode is an understatement , not sure why it is even in the game, it brings the stupid out in people lol

#6 Paul Meyers DEST

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 539 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 02:48 AM

Conquest with more Points would be really nice.

#7 Charles Sennet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • Hero of Diamond Shark
  • 387 posts
  • LocationCurrently obscured by ECM

Posted 23 December 2019 - 05:34 AM

Domination should go away for sure. People want to shoot mechs not manage the timer. Interestingly, the map Domination actually improves gameplay on is Alpine. The way the circle is positioned creates roles for both sniping and brawling. But this is not enough to keep the mode.

Assault is a terrible mode for FP for several reasons. First, it changes the way maps play for the worse. Frozen City usually turns into a fun mid-range fight in F7 except on Assault and Domination, either of which changes the style of play to a snipe-fest. On Crimson Straight I've seen two stacked teams stand-off at the saddle because the non-water side can't risk leaving their base exposed by going tunnel-side. And to poke the saddle is almost instant-death so a standoff ensues. Not fun and totally not the case with Skirmish.

Secondly, as others have said, having your base capped is just silly. As recently as last week, I've seen IS teams wait for Clans to leave their base (you know in order to shoot mechs, blasphemy) only to see several Spider-5V's with cap accelerator circle around the map to cap the base in seconds. How is this fun for anyone?

Most QP maps in FP are far better off without these modes. if we must have these maps in FP (many FP vets enjoyed FP most when it was just Siege, Counter Attack, and Hold Territory) then just leave them Skirmish.

As for Conquest, I'm (really my entire unit is) with with Jewce on this one. More standing standing in squares or guarding squares or chasing things that are headed for squares you just stood in. Hardest mode to drop call because its just a big free-for-all basically. Personally I despise the mode and it was way over-used in FP.

If I recall correctly the win-condition was already raised to 1,500 but PGI removed it from FP after many, many complaints. Conquest is in a great place right now... you can find it in Quick Play. Enjoy it there but please keep it away from FP.

Edited by Charles Sennet, 23 December 2019 - 05:49 AM.

#8 Katrina Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 157 posts
  • LocationTharkad

Posted 23 December 2019 - 07:01 AM

but...but...conquest is so much fun!

#9 The ImpIication

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 08:00 AM

Point limit needs to be raised on Conquest to make it great. It requires more teamwork than Siege since you have to manage multiple small engagements instead of just your blob, but that's too difficult for many groups these days.

#10 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 23 December 2019 - 08:14 AM

the one thing assault is good for is that when those "top fp players" run away with their wave 2 commandos (when the rest of their team is already dead) and shut down facing the wall somewhere in zimbabwe so their team cant tell their location, you can end the drop rather than spend 10 minutes looking for them

#11 The Jewce Iz Loose

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 10:44 AM

View PostAri Gold, on 23 December 2019 - 08:00 AM, said:

Point limit needs to be raised on Conquest to make it great. It requires more teamwork than Siege since you have to manage multiple small engagements instead of just your blob, but that's too difficult for many groups these days.

that's lance work, not teamwork. Siege requires teamwork or you will lose, keyword being "TEAM"

#12 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 12:57 PM

View PostThe Jewce Iz Loose, on 22 December 2019 - 07:41 PM, said:

Conquest is a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off running around. This game is built around teamwork and most these game modes don't foster teamwork. More siege is the correct answer.

there was plenty of team work. hold 3, control the map, hunt squirrels, win. this takes coordination. and you can use the chicken with heads cut off argument on any of the modes where pugs are present.

but yes, more seige. i played for 3 days straight and didnt see one seige game, this is a thing that needs to be rectified asap. but i still stand by my stance on fp conquest being one of the best modes in the game, and its removal was a bloody travesty. there are other shell modes with meaningless token objectives that only result in premature endings or skirmish, those could have been pulled.

Edited by LordNothing, 23 December 2019 - 01:02 PM.

#13 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 01:32 PM

Conquest in FP sucked, unless they increase the count to 2000 don't bring it back.

#14 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 05:03 PM

View PostNightbird, on 23 December 2019 - 01:32 PM, said:

Conquest in FP sucked, unless they increase the count to 2000 don't bring it back.

i will agree that the counter needs to go up.

#15 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 05:22 PM

View PostThe Jewce Iz Loose, on 23 December 2019 - 10:44 AM, said:

that's lance work, not teamwork. Siege requires teamwork or you will lose, keyword being "TEAM"

why have lances if you aren't going to use them? why have big maps if all the combat takes place in one spot? why do mechs have legs if its going to be a turret match? i think much of the reason that units dont like conquest is that it conflicts with their choke control mindset.

#16 LordNothing

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 23 December 2019 - 05:27 PM

View PostCharles Sennet, on 23 December 2019 - 05:34 AM, said:

If I recall correctly the win-condition was already raised to 1,500 but PGI removed it from FP after many, many complaints. Conquest is in a great place right now... you can find it in Quick Play. Enjoy it there but please keep it away from FP.

qp conquest is a mere shell of what the mode is in fp. in qp it turns into yet another flavor of skirmish. in a game loaded with salt its nice to have a little pepper if for no other purpose than to break the monotony.

#17 Pain G0D

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Sho-ko
  • Sho-ko
  • 617 posts

Posted 25 December 2019 - 09:53 PM

They removed conquest ?

#18 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 27 December 2019 - 12:12 AM

View PostPrototelis, on 22 December 2019 - 10:02 AM, said:

Who the hell is team killing circle cappers?

#19 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 27 December 2019 - 12:17 AM

^That would strongly depend on who had a timer from doing it in the previous match

#20 Bowelhacker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hero of Marik
  • Hero of Marik
  • 922 posts
  • LocationKooken's Pleasure Pit

Posted 27 December 2019 - 05:37 AM

View PostPrototelis, on 27 December 2019 - 12:17 AM, said:

^That would strongly depend on who had a timer from doing it in the previous match

Smart play indeed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users