So Someone Asked The Chieftain A Mech Question...

67 replies to this topic

#1 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 07:46 PM

and while he got the weight wrong he knew that the Orion is a heavy mech but he got the Atlas weight correct. Question comes at 11 mins into the video.

https://youtu.be/kDeOWVshgG8

Edited by Dee Eight, 28 December 2019 - 07:47 PM.

#2 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 09:24 PM

Okay?

#3 UnofficialOperator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 28 December 2019 - 10:03 PM

Lol who is the chieftain and why should we care? People make mistakes, so?

#4 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 10:28 PM

View PostUnofficialOperator, on 28 December 2019 - 10:03 PM, said:

Lol who is the chieftain and why should we care? People make mistakes, so?

If you don't know who he is you need to get out of your mother's basement more often.

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 10:32 PM

"Tank Jesus" (from the comments)
A guy with rediculous amounts of tank and tank-related weaponry knowledge.

Guess someone got surprised that people have a loose bit of BT knowledge. (Actually, if you find "Artillery jesus", you'll probably find out whomever it is might also have some BT knowledge, considering a lot of tabletop's basic rules came from someone that was a fan of the M270 MLRS)

#6 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 28 December 2019 - 11:13 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 28 December 2019 - 10:28 PM, said:

If you don't know who he is you need to get out of your mother's basement more often.

Are you really making that comment for not knowing who an internet personality is?

lol.

You sad dawg.

#7 Curccu

• Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 4,610 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 12:19 AM

Maybe you should get out of your mom's basement more often? Some random 130k subscriber Youtuber is exactly "Who? And why should we care?".

#8 UnofficialOperator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 29 December 2019 - 12:25 AM

Not knowing who is The Chieftain,

Posted Image

#9 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 12:45 AM

Posted Image

#10 BoldricKent

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 251 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 03:01 AM

He got weight right 75, even brought out Great Turtle, which is far from well know design, rather unique and specific. Answer was quite a solid one.Thumbs up as well to Dee eight for spotting.

#11 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 29 December 2019 - 05:28 AM

View PostCurccu, on 29 December 2019 - 12:19 AM, said:

Maybe you should get out of your mom's basement more often? Some random 130k subscriber Youtuber is exactly "Who? And why should we care?".

Bit that would mean he can't stalk the t1t-tee streamers on Twitch... His fav passtime.

Edited by justcallme A S H, 29 December 2019 - 05:29 AM.

#12 Dee Eight

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 08:06 AM

View PostUnofficialOperator, on 29 December 2019 - 12:25 AM, said:

Not knowing who is The Chieftain,

Posted Image

Not improving... uh huh.... Tell me, does this come naturally to you or do you have to practice daily to be this level of stupid ? It takes a long time to overcome 10,000+ previous matches of data when the overall is based on averages. Especially when you split your play time across multiple accounts. But hey let's ignore the previous 18 months of data on this account that makes you and your argument look extra stupid because why present actual facts when you can just tell lies. I guess I'll be adding you to my ignore list now because I don't play well with stupid people.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

As to who The Chieftain is, besides being the lead historian for Wargaming.net mainly focuses on the WoT side but he's also done videos for the WoW side, he's also a decorated Major in the US Army reserves having fought in two wars commanding Armor and Calvary units and one of the leading tank historians in the world period. His audience is MUCH wider than just his own personal youtube channel, which itself has more subscribers than this game has ever had in concurrent players. Hell that Q&A video on its own has already had more views than this game has had concurrent players in each of the previous five months. Oh and he's also an often invited guest to cover important events.

View PostCurccu, on 29 December 2019 - 12:19 AM, said:

See second paragraph above.

#13 R79TCom1 Night Lanner

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raptor
  • The Raptor
  • 248 posts
  • LocationPacific Northwest, USA

Posted 29 December 2019 - 08:12 AM

The Chieftains? I know about them! I saw them in concert a few years back. They were great! But I didn't know they knew about BattleTech. I thought they just played their own spin on Irish traditional music.

#14 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 08:48 AM

View PostR79TCom1 Night Lanner, on 29 December 2019 - 08:12 AM, said:

The Chieftains? I know about them! I saw them in concert a few years back. They were great! But I didn't know they knew about BattleTech. I thought they just played their own spin on Irish traditional music.

Ten years ago a crack musicians unit was sent to prison by a military court for a song they didn't commit. These men promptly escaped from a maximum-security stockade to the Northwind underground.
Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as soldiers of fortune. If you have a problem... if no one else can help... and if you can find them... maybe you can hire... The Chieftains.

https://youtu.be/mpkrr0-qut4

#15 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 01:47 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 29 December 2019 - 08:06 AM, said:

It takes a long time to overcome 10,000+ previous matches of data when the overall is based on averages.

Most of the seasons you've played you have less than a 1.0 WLR. That means you lost more games than you won. You should start not actively throwing more than half of your games.

Especially when you split your play time across multiple accounts.

We already know about how you club low tier bads to feel good about yourself.

As to who The Chieftain is,

Thats cool. A normal person wouldn't know that. Thats kind of internet niche knowledge, nothing a mechwarrior fan would or should actually know about.

#16 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 03:25 PM

i notice a lot of stat shamers are on fairly new accounts, which are probably alts, so they can sanitize their stats from when they were noobs. you look them up on jarls and they got this fairly flat skill profile that gives them away. normal players you would expect to go through noobs ville on the way to t1 and their percentile graph would reflect that. when someone calls you out on crap, check theirs, it might smell worse.

#17 UnofficialOperator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 29 December 2019 - 04:32 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 29 December 2019 - 08:06 AM, said:

Not improving... uh huh.... Tell me, does this come naturally to you or do you have to practice daily to be this level of stupid ? It takes a long time to overcome 10,000+ previous matches of data when the overall is based on averages. Especially when you split your play time across multiple accounts. But hey let's ignore the previous 18 months of data on this account that makes you and your argument look extra stupid because why present actual facts when you can just tell lies. I guess I'll be adding you to my ignore list now because I don't play well with stupid people.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

As to who The Chieftain is, besides being the lead historian for Wargaming.net mainly focuses on the WoT side but he's also done videos for the WoW side, he's also a decorated Major in the US Army reserves having fought in two wars commanding Armor and Calvary units and one of the leading tank historians in the world period. His audience is MUCH wider than just his own personal youtube channel, which itself has more subscribers than this game has ever had in concurrent players. Hell that Q&A video on its own has already had more views than this game has had concurrent players in each of the previous five months. Oh and he's also an often invited guest to cover important events.

See second paragraph above.

Posted Image

#18 UnofficialOperator

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,493 posts
  • LocationIn your head

Posted 29 December 2019 - 04:35 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 29 December 2019 - 03:25 PM, said:

i notice a lot of stat shamers are on fairly new accounts, which are probably alts, so they can sanitize their stats from when they were noobs. you look them up on jarls and they got this fairly flat skill profile that gives them away. normal players you would expect to go through noobs ville on the way to t1 and their percentile graph would reflect that. when someone calls you out on crap, check theirs, it might smell worse.

LOL Do you not recognize my Legendary Icon on the left??

Posted Image

Edited by UnofficialOperator, 29 December 2019 - 04:41 PM.

#19 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 29 December 2019 - 05:05 PM

View PostUnofficialOperator, on 29 December 2019 - 04:35 PM, said:

LOL Do you not recognize my Legendary Icon on the left??

Posted Image

i wasnt talking about you. can the narcissism.

Edited by LordNothing, 29 December 2019 - 05:06 PM.

#20 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 29 December 2019 - 05:18 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 29 December 2019 - 05:05 PM, said:

i wasnt talking about you. can the narcissism.

Narcissism is caring about stats in the first place.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users