Already One At Modding, Except For Me ?

27 replies to this topic

#1 Adrian Pride

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationMWO

Posted 29 December 2019 - 09:12 PM

World first MW5 Mod's without any Tools from PGI

Im working actual on a Gray Death Legion Mod, here is how far i am actual.
Everything worked while playing the Game, this is real and not: just planning a MOD
To mod the Game i just programmed some Tools myself.
  • new Title Screen - Mercenarys replaced with Gray Death Legion
  • new loading Screen
  • Playername changed to Grayson Death Carlyle + in all Story Text
  • changed Unitname Nik's Cavaliers to Grayson Death Legion + in all Story Text
  • Changed Background Info of Commander Mason to the one of Grayson Death Carlyle
  • Changed all Commander Mason naming to Grayson Death Carlyle
  • Changed the Names of Enemy Characters to Duke Ricol and his Body Harimandir Singh
  • Changed Black Inferno to Hendrik's Pirates
  • Sorted all Mech Images to fit one direction, all facing now right->left
  • Created over 100 new Character Textures, like Pilots, Crew Member, Garrison Commander, Employees.
Update: 2019-12-31 Update: 2020-01-01
  • Created a quick and easy Way to insert new Mod's to MW5
Update: 2020-01-02
  • Finished 25 new Random Pilots
Update: 2020-01-09
  • changed MW5 Betty Sounds to MWO Betty
Update: 2020-01-13
  • changed MW5 Weapon Sounds to Haven Kendric's MWO BattleEnchancements
You can download over 100 new Pilot etc. Images here: Click
(Copy the extracted File to your Gamefolder inside the PAK Folder, you can rename Number if other Mod has same Number)

You can download new Betty Sounds here: Click
(Copy the extracted File to your Gamefolder inside the PAK Folder, you can rename Number if other Mod has same Number)

Posted Image

Here is a Ingame Testscreen for the Look of the new Pilots,
Posted Image

More coming soon...

Edited by Adrian Pride, 13 January 2020 - 11:51 PM.

#2 Adrian Pride

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationMWO

Posted 30 December 2019 - 01:51 AM

WORKING NEW TITLESCREEN

Posted Image

COMPARISON OF WORKING EMPLOYEES IMAGES

Posted Image

Posted Image

COMPARISON OF WORKING PILOT IMAGES

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

COMPARISON OF RANDOM PILOT IMAGES

Posted Image

COMPARISON OF WORKING GARRISON COMMANDER IMAGES

Posted Image

Edited by Adrian Pride, 02 January 2020 - 07:34 AM.

#3 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 30 December 2019 - 02:41 AM

Thats a lot of new faces. Will you upload them to nexus? I haven't seen them there so far.

#4 Adrian Pride

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationMWO

Posted 30 December 2019 - 05:40 PM

View PostNesutizale, on 30 December 2019 - 02:41 AM, said:

Thats a lot of new faces. Will you upload them to nexus? I haven't seen them there so far.

Seems the international Users have no interrest in this mod or understand what im writting lol
So im working actual at the "German" Mod only and upload it to Nexus wen it is done.
Why should i do anything for People who have no interrest ? Posted Image

If i find today, before silvester party starts, the time i upload a ingame video how everything looks.
Im thinking the most Users do not know that it is possible to mod the game without waiting for the promised "full mod support". lets see if PGI hold the promise and not only release a simple custom map editor.

Happy new Year !

Edited by Adrian Pride, 30 December 2019 - 05:43 PM.

#5 50 50

• 2,145 posts
  • LocationTo Nova or not to Nova. That is the question.

Posted 30 December 2019 - 06:09 PM

+1
Well done.

#6 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 30 December 2019 - 07:29 PM

I'm not sure about modding, but seeing what you're doing , I might give it a try, like the idea of different icons for characters, I had created this portrait for Xaat Xuun, when I started playing MWO, think I would like to have it as my MW5 icon.
will need to resize it,
will probably create the Hired Pilots too

#7 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 31 December 2019 - 04:47 AM

if only pgi produced content that fast.

my money is on the community producing tools before pgi does.

in before quads.

Edited by LordNothing, 31 December 2019 - 04:53 AM.

#8 Adrian Pride

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationMWO

Posted 31 December 2019 - 07:13 AM

Thanks a lot, such comments are all a Modder can expect to continue his work Posted Image
It is actual a one man Fan Project, if some is willed to join the boat and create some stuff...the Mod will be faster finish.
Anyway have a happy new Year and do not shoot your Teammates in the back Posted Image

#9 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 02 January 2020 - 05:43 AM

I would really like to see a mini-campaign mod / DLC with some hand-crafted maps..

Maybe some merc story, or a Solaris 7 mod..

Also, a way to easily change the in-game music would be nice..

I remember, in Heroes of Might and Magic 3 you could simply overwrite a game mp3 with your own and change the in-game music.. I had necromancer town play death metal :D

#10 Adrian Pride

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationMWO

Posted 02 January 2020 - 07:39 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 02 January 2020 - 05:43 AM, said:

I would really like to see a mini-campaign mod / DLC with some hand-crafted maps..

Maybe some merc story, or a Solaris 7 mod..

Also, a way to easily change the in-game music would be nice..

I remember, in Heroes of Might and Magic 3 you could simply overwrite a game mp3 with your own and change the in-game music.. I had necromancer town play death metal Posted Image

Modding MW5 is not that easy at the Moment, i needed to programm some Tools myself to do this.
Maybe it will wen PGI release the promised "Full" Mod Support, but im sceptical that you can much with the Tools from PGI.

I managed to change some Scripts now too and create a MOD as DLC for easy install.
Will upload the new Characters as DLC Mod to NexusMod this day.
I just finished the last 25 Images for the random Pilots.

Actual i can change everything than new Missions and i did not take a look at the 3D Models for now.
Played yesterday with new Weapon Sounds, take the one from the MWO Mod and sound much better.

And yes the Ingame Music is not cool, i changed that quickly too :D

#11 carl kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 395 posts
  • LocationMoon Base Alpha

Posted 02 January 2020 - 08:43 AM

View PostAdrian Pride, on 02 January 2020 - 07:39 AM, said:

Modding MW5 is not that easy at the Moment, i needed to programm some Tools myself to do this.
Maybe it will wen PGI release the promised "Full" Mod Support, but im sceptical that you can much with the Tools from PGI.

I managed to change some Scripts now too and create a MOD as DLC for easy install.
Will upload the new Characters as DLC Mod to NexusMod this day.
I just finished the last 25 Images for the random Pilots.

Actual i can change everything than new Missions and i did not take a look at the 3D Models for now.
Played yesterday with new Weapon Sounds, take the one from the MWO Mod and sound much better.

And yes the Ingame Music is not cool, i changed that quickly too Posted Image

Will it be a possibilty to fine tune or even add extra Mech animations ? example : Mech jumpjetting then landing with a more realistic bend in the legs. If you remember the Thor in the Mech 2 intro as he JJs. The way he takes off then lands. Sorta like that. I guess it would all depend on having the ability to MOD the Mech animations to begin with.

#12 Adrian Pride

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationMWO

Posted 03 January 2020 - 06:18 AM

View Postcarl kerensky, on 02 January 2020 - 08:43 AM, said:

Will it be a possibilty to fine tune or even add extra Mech animations ? example : Mech jumpjetting then landing with a more realistic bend in the legs. If you remember the Thor in the Mech 2 intro as he JJs. The way he takes off then lands. Sorta like that. I guess it would all depend on having the ability to MOD the Mech animations to begin with.

Hello,
i did not look actual on the Mech Animations, i take a quick look on the NPC's Animations.
As in all the Trailers PGI show us a living Mech Hangar and Ingame it is very death.
You can change the NPC's Animations, here is a quick Test i made for Engineer Fahar and let him make the RoboDance:
Posted Image

To create new Animations i would say, as poor Hobby Modder, you need to create them in UnrealEngine4 by using a Mech+Skeleton from the Game. Then instert the new one to the Game. Actual that is not a eays task.
Maybe you can look at the ARK SDK fpr UE4, as this is a great Modding Tool for ARK.
Maybe PGI plan to create a similar Tool, but i would say: No they wont do this

It is PGI, you know what i mean Posted Image

#13 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 01:53 AM

Well, if you need someone for proof-reading, let me know. I did some proof-reading and german translation for Long War 2 (XCOM2 mod).

#14 Roror

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 08:23 PM

Why did you take the mod down from Nexus?

I was actually looking forward to your mod since I hate, did I say I HATE the in-game portraits. I liked yours much better.

Also, don't let a few negative comments on Nexus get you down. There are many more people that appreciate this type of work.

Would really appreciate it if you could repost it and simply ignore the negative comments on there.

[Edit] Would it be possible for you to reupload to Mediafire? I have your Pilots Only version, but prefer the complete version instead.
Again, thank you for your work on this.

Edited by Roror, 08 January 2020 - 08:31 PM.

#15 Adrian Pride

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationMWO

Posted 08 January 2020 - 11:15 PM

Thank you for asking, yes i removed everything.

I make the Gray Death Legion Mod in first Case for me personal, some People asked me to upload the Characters i allready finished, what i did.
The Result was a lot hate and blaming, People got mad about i used Eve Characters.
None of them see i made a Way to Mod this Game alone or know how much Work behind the Character creation was.

I don't know what People expect from a Modder, maybe those Days i need to create over 100 Character from scratch by handdrawing them. Even then some People just dislike and start a Shitstorm. So i deleted everything, that save my nerves and i want to focus more on modding.

Best Example are comments on the Video TTB was so nice to make:

Half of the People just got mad about the Eve Characters, other half about missing Helmets/Masks.
Seems they expect i need to make the Mod for each of them personal. I dont want to have Helmets on my Staff in my Mod at the Rooster, just simple.

Im allways open for critic, but for blaming/shaming or just trolling around im to old.
Such People should learn that DIY means: Do it yourself Posted Image

I know People are outside, loving the new Chars and i punish them by removing the Mod.
But People like you, find a Way to get the Mod: Click

#16 Roror

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 09 January 2020 - 02:11 AM

Thanks again!

I knew they were Eve characters and I think that works perfectly to be honest. I too don't like the helmets in the barracks roster since it kills a lot of the personality of the various pilots. Maybe they should have had 2, one with helmet for battle coms and one for the barracks screen without.

Or do like every other company with common sense does and make an actual 3D model. Would have been cool to see your pilots walking around the hangar or an actual barracks area like in Xcom.

#17 Adrian Pride

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationMWO

Posted 09 January 2020 - 01:48 PM

I linked another Mod: MWO Betty Sounds for MW5

I do not like the MW5 Betty, there must be a Typo as she say at Mission Start "Onlieeee" then "OnliNe".
To bad, there are not much Betty Sounds as in MWO for now...to change that there must be some Script's changed and i wait for the Editor to do this.

Hope nobody freaks out because this are "MWO" Sounds only Posted Image

#18 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 10 January 2020 - 12:38 AM

View PostAdrian Pride, on 09 January 2020 - 01:48 PM, said:

I linked another Mod: MWO Betty Sounds for MW5

I do not like the MW5 Betty, there must be a Typo as she say at Mission Start "Onlieeee" then "OnliNe".
To bad, there are not much Betty Sounds as in MWO for now...to change that there must be some Script's changed and i wait for the Editor to do this.

Hope nobody freaks out because this are "MWO" Sounds only Posted Image

Can you please post a link to this mod? I would love to replace the betty sounds..

#19 Adrian Pride

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationMWO

Posted 10 January 2020 - 12:52 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 10 January 2020 - 12:38 AM, said:

Can you please post a link to this mod? I would love to replace the betty sounds..

CLICK Posted Image

#20 Ace Freedom

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 10 posts

Posted 10 January 2020 - 10:54 PM

Those pilot images look like the character creator from Eve Online.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users