27 replies to this topic

#1 Greers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 465 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 31 December 2019 - 06:45 AM

Hi everybody. Is it just me or is it a common bug that I can't raise my reputation with the Federated Commonwealth? I also don't see them under the "Factions Standing" tab. And I can still get Steiner Missions in addition to FedCom missions. Something seems broken here...

#2 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 31 December 2019 - 06:59 AM

I'm seeing the same thing, as many missions I have done for them, I should be hero 2 times over by now, but it just stays at Neutral, so only have 10 Negotiation points.

#3 Kiath

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 7 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 02 January 2020 - 03:33 AM

Came to the forums just to get an answer to this as well. Really annoying since they control huge parts of the map (at least where I am in the timeline). I guess it is an oversight? Really needs fixing. Badly!

#4 Trainee

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 01:40 PM

Same problem here. Wondering if I should try missions that bring down FedCom rep, and see if that triggers it.

#5 Ilfi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 04 January 2020 - 01:53 PM

Give Russ some time to get back from the Florida keys and they'll be on this in a jiffy.

Edited by Ilfi, 04 January 2020 - 01:53 PM.

#6 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 05 January 2020 - 12:03 PM

Thought is was odd myself. Also was surprised that faction standing started at Neutral when I had heroic status with both Steiner and Davion prior to the union. You would think that would automatically get me Heroic with Fedcom as well.

#7 Bobdolemite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 373 posts
  • LocationMariana Trench

Posted 12 January 2020 - 06:11 PM

This is badly affecting late game missions. Also noticed Kurita won't get any rep gain either. Hoping a mod can fix this before February.

#8 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 12:55 AM

The Devs acknowledged this bug on discord, they also said it's not likely to be fixed for the january patch.

#9 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 13 January 2020 - 01:01 AM

I don't even see Federated Commonwealth as a faction in the "Faction Standings" tab.. I looked, but all I see is Davion and Steiner..

#10 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 04:52 AM

I think first of FedCom has to exist and then you need to do some missions for them, then the standing should appear.

At least it was like that for me with Rassalhag. Was also not in my list until I did one of the "high reward" missions for them that basicly just asks you to fly to a specific system inside Rassalhag and collect the standing.
You get that mission after you finished the storyline IIRC.

#11 Bobdolemite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 373 posts
  • LocationMariana Trench

Posted 13 January 2020 - 12:04 PM

Ive done some reading on reddit and other sites, here are some other notes on the issue:

Federated Commonwealth do not show mission availability on the starmap (there are no icon for Fedcom missions). You can sometimes tell when you view the intel and can see mission mechs listed but no mission.

Federated Commonwealth does not allow you to gain reputation, instead any reputation earned goes to "Independents". The Independents run most (probably all) of the Fedcom space. This allows you to get mech and weapon discounts but never any negotiation points for Fedcom missions.

Due to the above I went and got max rep with Marik and Liao, attempted to do the same with Kurita and ran into some issues. I ran 5 high value mission reward events and 5 normal missions and did not see any movement on the reputation slider. Either Kurita is broker too or I need to work off the negative points first, i will keep testing and let you all know.

FRR though I have not tried yet, I did lose a little rep with them based on missions and it appears for now to be working normally.

I really think they need to prioritize this fix more than they are, due to this bug 3/4 of the map will not provide any negotiation points, this really puts a dampner on progression and enjoyment. Especially for players like me that want to sink large amounts of hours into the game past the campaign. As it stands now the game is only intended to work as long as the campaign lasts, after that it all kind of starts to fall apart.

#12 Adrian Pride

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts
  • LocationMWO

Posted 14 January 2020 - 12:16 AM

You can find a Fix here: Click

This is a simple update to correct the issue seen where the player will not be able to earn Faction Standing with Federated Commonwealth.

#13 Greers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 465 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 14 January 2020 - 10:25 AM

View PostAdrian Pride, on 14 January 2020 - 12:16 AM, said:

You can find a Fix here: Click

Sadly that Mod is no longer available.

#14 Dave Forsey

Senior Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 198 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 04:08 PM

The fix for the FedCom faction standing should make it into the Jan. patch, but existing faction standing doesn't get transferred.

You also should no longer get contracts between allies, like Steiner/Davion/FedCom

You will still get contracts with Steiner or Davion because the planet database says they control specific planets, and I didn't come up with a low-risk fix.

#15 Bobdolemite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 373 posts
  • LocationMariana Trench

Posted 22 January 2020 - 12:40 PM

Dave thanks for the reply! I am glad there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks for reading and thanks for the update. If it does indeed drop for the January update I will certainly be sinking many more hours into MW5. Keep up the good work.

*Note* have you noticed any bugs with Kurita faction gain? I am not sure if I just got too much negative points, but despite maybe 20+ missions for Kurita it has not raised an iota. It feels broken, but perhaps there is a background negative penalty I am not aware of.

#16 Dave Forsey

Senior Designer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 198 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 01:34 PM

View PostBobdolemite, on 22 January 2020 - 12:40 PM, said:

Dave thanks for the reply! I am glad there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks for reading and thanks for the update. If it does indeed drop for the January update I will certainly be sinking many more hours into MW5. Keep up the good work.

*Note* have you noticed any bugs with Kurita faction gain? I am not sure if I just got too much negative points, but despite maybe 20+ missions for Kurita it has not raised an iota. It feels broken, but perhaps there is a background negative penalty I am not aware of.

Did you become an "Enemy of the State", if so it takes a lot to get out of that faction standing.
Also aborting a mission from the briefing screen loses a lot of reputation.

If not, this is a bug we are not aware of.

#17 Bobdolemite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 373 posts
  • LocationMariana Trench

Posted 22 January 2020 - 07:47 PM

My rep shows as: Sworn Enemy , dont think I ever saw it go to "Enemy of the State" but I would not be suprised. The first 30+ years of my career were spent largely attacking Kurita.

I just thought it odd that the rep bar didnt change at all. Did about 5 high reward missions and 15 normal missions (many of them multi missions).

I will run 20 more and see if it changes at all, if i can manage 40-50 matches without a move on the bar that might be indicative of a problem. I will post the results here once finished =)

*Note* its currently 3088 in my game

Edited by Bobdolemite, 22 January 2020 - 07:48 PM.

#18 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 22 January 2020 - 11:36 PM

I was sworn enemy, slider all the way to the left with Marik, I could not even repair in Marik space, markup was high,
once you get the rep going to the right, it moves fast, but it's like a big big wheel, slow at start, but once moving it's flying.

It did take many many contracts to get it to start moving to the right.
you may be very very deep to the left, maybe worse then I was with Marik, so it could take you even longer, but it will eventually rise to hero, just need to keep getting contracts for Kurita, and avoid any that are against Kurita

#19 Bobdolemite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 373 posts
  • LocationMariana Trench

Posted 23 January 2020 - 10:24 AM

it took about 5 more missions and I noticed the Kurita rep meter moving. I guess I just really really made them angry.

#20 Trainee

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 171 posts

Posted 23 January 2020 - 10:28 AM

The fix for the FedCom faction standing should make it into the Jan. patch, but existing faction standing doesn't get transferred.

I hope you mean that existing 'Fedcom' faction standing doesn't get transferred. I've spent a lot of time maxing out my faction with all houses. I'm missing only Comstar and Fedcom. Would not be happy if you reset all of them to neutral.

Edited by Trainee, 23 January 2020 - 10:28 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users