Cold Storage Mod

Cold Storage

35 replies to this topic

#21 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 08 January 2020 - 03:26 AM

View PostNecroconvict, on 07 January 2020 - 05:33 AM, said:

The most common military BattleMech transport classes are the Leopard (one Lance: 4 'Mechs, 2 Fighters), the Union (one Company: 12 'Mechs, 2 Fighters) and the much rarer Overlord (one Battalion: 36 'Mechs, 6 Fighters); the most common Aerospace Fighter carrier is the Leopard CV class (one Squadron: 6 Fighters)

I hope every single one of those gets added as an option to buy in-game.. Union and Overlord would be great to own..

#22 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 08 January 2020 - 04:01 AM

The Mule dropship is capable of carrying close to 8,500 tons of cargo.

So that's 85 Atlases, or 190 Crabs, or 380 Commandos.

Edited by Appogee, 08 January 2020 - 04:35 AM.

#23 Hawk_eye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 325 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 January 2020 - 04:30 AM

A Mule (or any other large-ish civilian drop-ship) would also have the advantage of being not useful to drop mechs into combat zones - unless you are really fond of losing something worth a couple hundred million c-bills on a regular basis.
Hell, make it a Behemoth, which simply can't enter a planetary atmosphere.

As I said in an earlier post however, it would feel like a cheap rip-off of HBS' Argo.

#24 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 08 January 2020 - 04:36 AM

View PostHawk_eye, on 08 January 2020 - 04:30 AM, said:

As I said in an earlier post however, it would feel like a cheap rip-off of HBS' Argo.

When it comes to ideas, PGI need all the help they can get.

#25 John McClintock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 305 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 06:16 AM

I'd be happy with just a "save loadout" feature, that automatically equips the next lowest tier weapon if the saved one is not available....

#26 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 07:35 AM

Oh that would be nice. I also hate it that if there is a weapon of lower or similar tier is avaible that I have to dig through the weapons to find it and place it in manualy.

I mean 90% of the time you will do that anyway. I can't remember that I changed loadouts after I found one that worked, except I didn't had a replacement but that happend...never, once or twice maybe?
At least so rarely that I am not even sure it happend.

#27 Hawk_eye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 325 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 08 January 2020 - 07:38 AM

View PostJohn McClintock, on 08 January 2020 - 06:16 AM, said:

I'd be happy with just a "save loadout" feature, that automatically equips the next lowest tier weapon if the saved one is not available....

Add in saving your paint-job and I'll kiss your feet (ok, don't take this literally :) )
Seriously, having to re-paint my mechs after pulling them out of cold-storage is a PITA
Selling and re-buying a mech, it keeps it's paint-job and the name I have given it, so why on Earth doesn't the same apply to mechs I put in storage?

Speaking of names I give my mechs, how about frigging showing that name everywhere, instead of only on the pre-combat screen and in the messages, when a mech finishes repairs?

#28 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 08 January 2020 - 07:49 AM

QOL improvements...I hope we will see these soon. IIRC Russ said something on twitter about a status update on the next patch today or tomorrow.
Well at this point of time I guess he is just on the way to his office, that is if he starts at 8h..so it will be some time for any news I guess.

#29 BellatorMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 617 posts
  • LocationWallet Closed PGI Knows Why

Posted 17 January 2020 - 01:15 PM

I see the following:

Content\UI\FrontEnd\Codex\Entries\MechLab\ColdStorage_CodexEntry

Not finding any variables or UI assets to change the number of mechs you can see and/or store here so far..

-Ok so you can Click on "Asset" in on the top drop down menus and then select "Reference Viewer" to find whats associated with this.

Found it...

/Content/UI/FrontEnd/MechManagement

Now...what? :)

Edited by BellatorMonk, 17 January 2020 - 02:01 PM.

#30 BellatorMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 617 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 02:20 PM

Sooo...I had always thought the max for Cold Storage was 20 mech!! While I was poking around the Editor I thought what happens if I drop one mech from the Active Bay onto the 20th Cold Storage Mech?

Lo and behold another line of storage appeared...I was able to fill up the original 20 slots and then dump all my active mechs in there as well..is there actually a limit to Cold Storage making all this moot?

Did I simply miss someone else pointing out a Cold Storage max amount??

#31 Lord Sevenous

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 360 posts
  • LocationGermany, Münster (North Rhine-Westphalia)

Posted 17 January 2020 - 02:35 PM

View PostBellatorMonk, on 17 January 2020 - 02:20 PM, said:

Did I simply miss someone else pointing out a Cold Storage max amount??

AFAIK 50 is the max storage... don`t ask me where I read this.
I believed too that there were only 20 slots. I was pleasently surprised that I could atleast play Hero Pokemech just sadly not true Pokemech.

Edit: Aaaand we found out where I read tihs

Edited by Lord Sevenous, 17 January 2020 - 02:40 PM.

#32 Zacharias McLeod

• The Ironclad
  • The Ironclad
  • 2,863 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 01:40 AM

View PostAppogee, on 08 January 2020 - 04:01 AM, said:

The Mule dropship is capable of carrying close to 8,500 tons of cargo.

So that's 85 Atlases, or 190 Crabs, or 380 Commandos.

But you would not have the stuff to repair them.

Because a MechBay weighs 150t. 50t the bay and 100t for the Mech in the bay. And no you can not put 4 Commandos in one bay. The weight and space of the bays are set to 150t so you could transport every Mech inside.

From Sarna:

Each 'Mech and Fighter Bay takes up one space slot, weighs 150 tons, and has a capacity of one 'Mech or craft of up to 100 tons per Cubicle.

Edited by Zacharias McLeod, 18 January 2020 - 01:41 AM.

#33 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 18 January 2020 - 03:12 AM

^^ You don't need to transport mechs in bays, only if you want to actively use them in any realistic timeframe. Also if you want to get technical on it, an Atlas doesn't weigh 100T when it's stripped down, it only weighs about 50T

View PostAppogee, on 08 January 2020 - 04:36 AM, said:

When it comes to ideas, PGI need all the help they can get.

Basically everything in the game is copy paste with minor changes from the HBS tactical game. It's like when a friend copies your homework and the teacher just rolls their eyes.

High value missions = flashpoints
+++'s replaced with boxes.
12 customisable mech slots + cold storage (which strips mechs).
Blackmarket = blackmarket, but didnt know what to do with it.
Pirates = Pirates, but can't do missions for them
jumpgate/descent animation sequences basically the same (On the plus side, don't have to watch every jump. On the down side, no random events).

Some of it like the leopard you can just put down to "both working from the same source material" but most of the core mechanics are HBS BT tweaked. Given the storage allowances they should have come up with a way for you to acquire a larger drop ship of some sort. They probably didn't want to copy everything though, and decided that not copying some things (and doing nothing to replace) would be better.

Edited by Asmosis, 18 January 2020 - 03:25 AM.

#34 Sardauker Legion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 152 posts
  • LocationDropship Litany of Fury, Draconis Combinate, covert ops

Posted 20 January 2020 - 06:41 AM

Cold storage and 2nd / third lance does sense only if you store them on the jumpship. But jumpships are not supposed to orbit over the planet, but a week far around the sun. But how do you equip them after cold storage, if you need a industrial planet to start the job? To make more sense, you have to overcomplicate the game. Maybe better use a Union Dropsip and keep it simple.

Edited by Anavel Gato2, 20 January 2020 - 06:41 AM.

#35 Archer Magnus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 218 posts
  • LocationFoCo

Posted 20 January 2020 - 01:52 PM

It annoys me that I have to strip mechs down, change the armor or default, and default paint.

Personally I too would like a home planet (with a practice range, it could be a carbon copy of MWO's). Hell, I want forces to attack my planet!

Is there any want to track down a certain mech? I have been looking for a hero Crab and Atlas for 72 hours of play time.

#36 BellatorMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 617 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 02:40 PM

View PostArcher Magnus, on 20 January 2020 - 01:52 PM, said:

It annoys me that I have to strip mechs down, change the armor or default, and default paint.

Personally I too would like a home planet (with a practice range, it could be a carbon copy of MWO's). Hell, I want forces to attack my planet!

Is there any want to track down a certain mech? I have been looking for a hero Crab and Atlas for 72 hours of play time.

Best found in Rep 15 Industrial Areas.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users