Mw5 Nausea & Vomit, But No Problem In Mwo

13 replies to this topic

#1 cx5

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 06 January 2020 - 11:58 PM

Day 1 gaming MW5, only managed two battles and stopped for one week because nausea and heavy wanting to vomit feeling, took one whole week to subside only 50% ~70% and then could only play ONE battle every 2 or 3 days gap.

Later I found graphics smoothing lock FPS to 60 only and hence heavy nausea and vomiting feeling. Very terrible.

Not suffered this is MWO, no problem in CoD, no problem in Far Cry, no problem STALKER Call of Pripyat, etc etc etc.

After release graphics smoothing and let it rip, average 90fps, dip down 50fps sometimes, spike up 110fps sometimes, nausea and vomit reduce 80%, but still unable to play too many battles non stop. i.e. play a battle then mechlab for half an hour to rest but still ......

all ultra high settings on Freesync screen 2560 x 1440 on Vega_64, Ryzen 1700x, 32GB 2933mhz CL14, Optane_900p.

Anyone else?

Edited by cx5, 07 January 2020 - 12:05 AM.

#2 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 07 January 2020 - 12:03 AM

Reading the first part of your post, I thought it was for the head-bobbing (cockpit shake) which isn't there in MWO unless you get hit. In (EDIT:- MW5), just walking can be annoying at times.

Edited by FRAGTAST1C, 07 January 2020 - 12:09 AM.

#3 cx5

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 136 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 07 January 2020 - 12:07 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 07 January 2020 - 12:03 AM, said:

Reading the first part of your post, I thought it was for the head-bobbing (cockpit shake) which isn't there in MWO unless you get hit. In MWO, just walking can be annoying at times.

Yes, I was thinking about this possible issue and looked for the button to disable it, but non obviously, which reminds me to wanting to ask the DEVs if they can add this button to let us turn if off?

#4 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 07 January 2020 - 12:16 AM

I know a girl who had a similar issue when she first started playing MWO.. she would get very nauseous.. if I remember correctly, she powered through, but could never play long hours..

I guess some people have issues..

Sorry to hear about yours OP..

#5 Five by Five

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 08:13 AM

MWO had this problem with one of the original fixes/nerf attempts to cut down on jump sniping, introducing a jetting bobble)

My wife gets motion sickness (last time we took an impromptu boat ride she threw-up on me). However, motion meds (like Dramamine) work wonderfully for her, in a pinch I think it was ibuprofen (Advil) (or maybe it was acetaminophen, Tylenol) also worked. I wonder if those would work for you?

#6 Carmaga

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 07 January 2020 - 08:45 AM

I too suffer from motion sickness. Luckily you can increase the the fov also in MW5. The default FOV in MW5 is 75 and it looks like this:

Posted Image

Posted Image

And with FOV 120 it looks like this:
Posted Image

Posted Image

I tend to keep the 1st person FOV at 120 and 3rd person in 100.

#7 Scam Newton

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • 35 posts

Posted 07 January 2020 - 10:54 PM

View Postcx5, on 07 January 2020 - 12:07 AM, said:

Yes, I was thinking about this possible issue and looked for the button to disable it, but non obviously, which reminds me to wanting to ask the DEVs if they can add this button to let us turn if off?

maybe she was preg.

#8 Tarzan In Can

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 09:45 AM

It is because the shake extends far out, even to the mountain tops on the horizon. Not so in MWO. Human eyes don't work that way, they smooth more distant motion. I'm leaving MW5 play until they fix the un-natural shake extent.

#9 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 29 February 2020 - 05:04 AM

View PostFive by Five, on 07 January 2020 - 08:13 AM, said:

MWO had this problem with one of the original fixes/nerf attempts to cut down on jump sniping, introducing a jetting bobble)

Never in my entire life had I experienced any form of motion sickness until that very day when PGI released said miserable "fix".

Barf!

#10 cszolee79

• PipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • 55 posts
  • LocationBudapest

Posted 02 March 2020 - 11:51 AM

In MWO camera is not connected to the mech, it is "floating" inside the cockpit, so when the mech shakes, the view does not (only the cockpit overlay). In MW5 camera is connected to the mech, so everything shakes.

#11 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 02 March 2020 - 09:54 PM

i have the opposite problem. one of the reasons i keep my arms locked in mwo is that i find it very nauseating to leave them free all the time. i do keep a toggle in a very prominent location though in case theres a jumper or squirrel, or i need to hit a high/low place. also will free it in arms only builds (which i usually avoid like plague). i find mw5 is much less nauseating to keep the arms unlocked. i figure its got something to do with the server authoritative model causing latency in mwo, where as mw5 is all local.

#12 Flanking Boy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 129 posts
  • LocationDenmark

Posted 07 March 2020 - 04:01 PM

i never had the problem any of the old mech games (mwo include), but i got really sea sick in mw5 and also in some other first play shooters.
i will try to change the FOV and see if it help me...

i have now tried a couple of games with change FOV and it have help a little, could be because i using a medium mech

Edited by Flanking Boy, 07 March 2020 - 05:51 PM.

#13 BROARL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 301 posts
  • Locationcommunity warfare

Posted 04 April 2020 - 10:46 PM

MW5 has a "fish eye" view and on a screen smaller than 40" the nausea is not uncommon.
the fish eye was even worse for me on small curved monitors and almost unbearable in VR.

#14 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 05 April 2020 - 07:29 PM

isnt there an fov tweak in the options? worth a tweak.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users