Constant Disconnects On Loading Screen After Mapvote

8 replies to this topic

#1 Sentry

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 06:48 PM

Like the title says, this game is unplayable since I've come back after my latest break (and beating MW5). Every time I go for a QP match, the map and mode vote finishes, and then it sends me right back to the mechlab. My internet is fine before you ask. FIX YOUR SERVERS.

#2 Anomalocaris

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 671 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 07:13 PM

View PostSentry, on 11 January 2020 - 06:48 PM, said:

Like the title says, this game is unplayable since I've come back after my latest break (and beating MW5). Every time I go for a QP match, the map and mode vote finishes, and then it sends me right back to the mechlab. My internet is fine before you ask. FIX YOUR SERVERS.

This is a problem that reoccurs on a regular basis. PGI (and some players) will blame you of course. But I think it really just comes down to some coding on PGI's part that doesn't play well with anything but the latest driver/system updates that it expects. If you read the error report when this stuff happens it usually comes down to a failure to load certain things properly in prep for the drop.

Your best bet is to update all your drivers (I find my graphic card drivers tend to make a big difference even though MWO doesn't demand much of the card) and make sure you have any of the latest windows updates. Yeah, the game shouldn't break if you don't update the day something comes out, but PGI isn't going to change so you'll need to adapt. Good luck.

#3 Sentry

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 07:37 PM

Thanks I'll give that a go. Also trying a reinstall at the moment.

#4 Bulletsponge0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,942 posts

Posted 11 January 2020 - 08:12 PM

View PostSentry, on 11 January 2020 - 06:48 PM, said:

try playing full windowed instead of full screen

#5 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 12 January 2020 - 06:00 AM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 11 January 2020 - 08:12 PM, said:

try playing full windowed instead of full screen

THIS FIRST!

So many crashes involving loading screens are fixed by setting full windowed.

(Especially if you tab-out.)

#6 CFC Conky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,738 posts
  • LocationThe PSR basement.

Posted 12 January 2020 - 10:34 AM

I get there dreaded discos from time to time, when I do I stop playing for a short time then everything is fine again.

Good hunting,
CFC Conky

#7 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 13 January 2020 - 05:49 AM

Not a bug when they know about it and fail to fix it. At that point, it falls into the "feature" category. MW:O has lots and lots of "features."

#8 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 06:18 AM

I'm just sad that MWO's features are sometimes so discriminating. I never got the pleasure of experiencing this particular feature.

#9 Tarl Cabot

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,642 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 15 January 2020 - 04:54 PM

1. Likely a connectivity issue somewhere along the line, as it drops the player back to the mechbay instead of crashing the game.
2. ISP, connection type, reboot router and modem. Brand/model router
3. Utilize a VPN or two as a testing method. It hides what type of packages being processed, potentially reroutes the path being taken from your location to PGI servers. Mechaby (authentication server-constant connection) then the game server when game actually launches after map/mode selection.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users