How To Beat Kain And Yomoto. (Spoiler Alert)

9 replies to this topic

#1 John McClintock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 305 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 07:36 PM

Catapult Butterbee, SRM6x4 (artemis optional), 4xML, (pulse optional), one of the best mechs in the game (in MWO too)

Bring the best gear you have.

The Kain fight I failed x2 with my Hero spider, (wasn't sure it was a "The Kain Fight" at first)

It's pretty easy in a BB, just fall back a bit and when the king crab comes over the hill do about 3 pop tart alphas to his CT and a bit of duck and weave.

The Yamoto fight was a bit harder, so I went with t4 SRM6, and t4 ML, for the extra range (lots of aerial kills, you'll need the range) and better cooling/more heat sinks. It's a LONG lead up to the main fight, so try and maintain your armor as much as you can.

You'll still have to get a bit banged up to get to him, but if you can out maneuver Yamoto easily (he is in a 32kph cave troll), and do some pop tart alphas, you'll be good to go. Hang out and wait for him at the square arena thing and let him and his buddies come to you. He'll only focus you, so stay out of his sight till you deal with his three buddies. If you are inside and he is outside the arena you can pop tart easily.

I tried (failed) it in a Hero King Crab first, Yamoto and I were both down to one ST, cored red front and back and one leg, no arms, (both of us). I was down to one LRM launcher, and couldn't keep a good angle/range. LOL, It lasted several minutes like that, me trying to get good range and stay out of line of sight, and him charging forward, and my team mates unable to take down a doubled cored, one leg anny... LOL

SRM Butterbee is a brutal war machine in MWO and in MW5, if you see one you better sell whatever it takes to get it.

#2 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 16 January 2020 - 12:03 AM

I stomped over Kain like he started piloting battlmechs yesterday.

Brought two King Crabs with 2xGauss+ERPPC and an Annihilator with 4xPPC+4MLAS. Whatever approached us, we just snapped out of bloody existance. We even moved used "move at group speed" using the Anni's blistering 32km/H speed, felt like we were slow creeping death.

I shot Kain 3 times in the CT and that was it. (Double Gauss+PPC OP Posted Image )

Now I have 3 King Crabs.

Edited by Vellron2005, 16 January 2020 - 12:04 AM.

#3 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 16 January 2020 - 12:20 AM

View PostJohn McClintock, on 13 January 2020 - 07:36 PM, said:

There's almost no way to fail missions unless you're bringing bad loadouts and yolo-rushing.

#4 Sardauker Legion

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 152 posts
  • LocationDropship Litany of Fury, Draconis Combinate, covert ops

Posted 20 January 2020 - 06:28 AM

The Sleipnir Cyclops runs 64 speed, use it to lure primary target to your team. Same in all assassination missions.

Edited by Anavel Gato2, 20 January 2020 - 06:28 AM.

#5 Ilfi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 576 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 11:40 AM

How to beat Kain:
Ya shoot 'em!

I'm surprised this needed a thread? The guy keeled over for me before he finished spouting his intro speech. Total pushover.

#6 Scouten

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 93 posts

Posted 20 January 2020 - 07:18 PM

i got a lucky headshot as he was falling out of the drop ship when i met kain. nothing like 4 lb 10x slugs to the face he was dead before he hit the ground and his dialogue even started it was super anti climatic lol

Edited by Scouten, 20 January 2020 - 07:19 PM.

#7 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 22 January 2020 - 02:03 AM

I just finished the game last night..

My Yamato killing experience was pretty much similar to the one of killing Kane, with the exception that my King Crab was cherry red by the time he showed up so I had to pick my shots and use cover. 3 alphas of 2xGauss+ERPPC to the CT and bye bye Yamato.

Also, on the final mission, I actually lost a pilot and 2 mechs, that last wave is tough as nails.. it would be a whole lot easier if your lancemates knew how to use those mech repair bays..

But I was headshotting all over the place, killed a whole heavy lance with just headshots..

#8 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 22 January 2020 - 04:01 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 22 January 2020 - 02:03 AM, said:

I just finished the game last night..

My Yamato killing experience was pretty much similar to the one of killing Kane, with the exception that my King Crab was cherry red by the time he showed up so I had to pick my shots and use cover. 3 alphas of 2xGauss+ERPPC to the CT and bye bye Yamato.

Also, on the final mission, I actually lost a pilot and 2 mechs, that last wave is tough as nails.. it would be a whole lot easier if your lancemates knew how to use those mech repair bays..

But I was headshotting all over the place, killed a whole heavy lance with just headshots..

Kain wasn't even a threat when I played that mission. Targeted him F1>F1. Dealt with the Panther and vindicator and by the time I turned back he was already scrap but his audio was still playing. Lol. Kain was a bit tougher against my Highlander still not too hard.

The last mission though tried twice doing it in an Annihilator and failed both times. Just too damn slow even for defense. Didn't help 'get back to the dropship' isn't exactly clear what that means (you have to actually touch it so it seems, the game in many places is too vague). Got through on third attempt with the Nightstar and no losses unlike the previous attempts.

#9 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 22 January 2020 - 12:47 PM

yeah, Kain, was no where near being a threat, unless you just have a bad lance deck, and even then can be beaten

I had AI issues with Yamata though. I had lance deal with him I I would deal with the rest, AI did good, to a point, they took him to red core, then just stop shooting at him, letting him walk past to reach me, I gave Yamata, a gauntlet to walk through, where he should not have survived. That failed twice, so my 3rd attempt I went at a different approach . failed even faster that way, so searched and saw there was a guide for that battle . . heck it was exactly how I did it the 3rd time and failed fast . so my forth attempt I just changed mechs, for more range, initiate the fight, back up, since Yamata is too slow to reach me while the rest of his lance is fighting me, lance gone, Yamata shows up . . BAM, no more Yamata.

So what worked for me, was pull the lance out of sight of Yamata, kill lance, leaving just Yamata to fight last

oh one thing I did, that was mentioned in the guide, let your lance do their thing, don't command them . . because it just seems to confuse them, and that did worked out better , if need be, use the go here command to keep them from wandering too far

mechs used
Atlas -D w/lbx 10 SLD,
Atlas-D w/Gauss,
Boars Head,
Heavy Metal

edited, Yomoto to correct name Yamata

Edited by Xaat Xuun, 22 January 2020 - 12:54 PM.

#10 Apokoliptic

Rookie

• The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 04:25 PM

I honestly cannot really remember the Kain fight, I believe I more or less killed him as he was dropping out of the dropship, I had lucked out and found a Nightstar for sale on a Kurita industrial hub before going into the "middle of nowhere" end-game so when Yamata showed up I just blew his head off and that was the end of it (annihilator head hitboxes can be hit from the side and rear of the mech, not sure if that's as intended or a bug, but it allowed me to take his head off right as he dropped in and was done with that fight).
Final mission for me was pretty easy, just used a headshot nightstar to remove 2/3rds of the assaults long before they ever got within weapons range of me and my lance, 3x King Crabs with dual BF AC20s, LPL, SRM6 deleted anything that survived long enough to get closer.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users