Secret/hidden Function Keys?

7 replies to this topic

#1 John McClintock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 305 posts

Posted 13 January 2020 - 08:10 PM

When you are in human form, holding the "Cycle Zoom" button lets you "run" around the hanger.

What else do you have?

Someone mentioned skipping the briefings? Which key is that?

#2 BellatorMonk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 617 posts
  • LocationWallet Closed PGI Knows Why

Posted 13 January 2020 - 08:20 PM

I always use Shift to run..like almost every other game. I believe someone has a thread about skipping the briefings being LMB or Space...mash some buttons..something usually works.

#3 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 13 January 2020 - 08:33 PM

please be clear; On a gamepad, yes, clicking the analog left button down does initiate running. That's not hidden or secret, it is the way the control layout is. Versus keyboard and mouse, using the 'cycle zoom' (middle mouse button) does no such thing - Shift button is used for running.

The only real 'secret' function that's also not really a secret is that when in mission, you can press ctrl+shift+v and go into free cam mode. Assuming you are using a game pad you can move all over the map with it.

#4 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 16 January 2020 - 10:10 PM

View PostJackal Noble, on 13 January 2020 - 08:33 PM, said:

please be clear; On a gamepad, yes, clicking the analog left button down does initiate running. That's not hidden or secret, it is the way the control layout is. Versus keyboard and mouse, using the 'cycle zoom' (middle mouse button) does no such thing - Shift button is used for running.

The only real 'secret' function that's also not really a secret is that when in mission, you can press ctrl+shift+v and go into free cam mode. Assuming you are using a game pad you can move all over the map with it.

I had no idea this was a thing. Will make commanding lance mates quite a bit easier if you can take a birds eye view.

#5 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 16 January 2020 - 11:54 PM

View PostAsmosis, on 16 January 2020 - 10:10 PM, said:

I had no idea this was a thing. Will make commanding lance mates quite a bit easier if you can take a birds eye view.

That won’t work. It would be a cool undertaking in the future for certain as a mod. As is, it allows you to explore the entirety of the map and look at your mech and or your lance mates from whichever angle you like, as well as change the time of day! However, while you can still control/shoot there is no hud or way to see what you are shooting. It’s more for cinematic fun. It is useful for assassination missions as you can get an idea what your up against, so there is that.

In the beta, Nvidia Ansel was print and while limited, allowed you to freeze the game for some really cool action shots - it was pulled because it was barebones and not fully fleshed out I think. There is an injectable camera mod that does the same thing that some awesome dude made, look up the mw5 reddit / mod reddit it’s on there.
I will post the pdf that PGI released for the included dev cam here in a sec.

Edited by Jackal Noble, 17 January 2020 - 12:17 AM.

#6 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 January 2020 - 12:00 AM

Here ya go bud
https://static.mw5me...ra_Controls.pdf

#7 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 17 January 2020 - 12:06 AM

The lock on camera takes a little bit of practice, as you need to have a mech (Or any vehicle for that matter) centered before you initialize it. It’s ‘select’ on the game pad. Quick tap it once to lock; you can tell the camera is locked to your selected entity by moving around a little.
Obviously this is best done away from the mission areas and enemies because you’re not going to be able to really shoot back, but your lance mates will still behave as normal. Thankfully the maps tend to be huge and there is plenty of opportunities to play around with it.
Note- just press ctrl+shift+v to shift back to your cockpit and or reset the camera if it gets funky. (can be done indefinitely)

Edited by Jackal Noble, 17 January 2020 - 12:07 AM.

#8 Five by Five

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 22 January 2020 - 07:38 AM

View PostJackal Noble, on 13 January 2020 - 08:33 PM, said:

. . . you can press ctrl+shift+v and go into free cam mode. Assuming you are using a game pad you can move all over the map with it.

How does the F3 command behave while in Free Cam Mode? Does it drop the movement point at the center of the free cam view or does it still drop at the point under you mech's reticle?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users