Clans Employers In Mw5 Data ?!

7 replies to this topic

#1 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 03:18 AM

I just found this list of employers in the Editor files.
Posted Image

Beside a lot of employers I haven't seen during my play there are Clans in here? Since when do the Clans recruit Mercs...well except Wolf's Dragoons but they are a complet different thing.

Anyway it seams there was some stuff planed that never happend.

#2 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 03:48 AM

There will be all sorts of unused stuff in there that at one point or another was considered for the game, and there will also be data that was put in for the benefit of modders with no intention of being in the live game (think of it as templates or something).

Go nuts Posted Image

Edited by Asmosis, 17 January 2020 - 03:49 AM.

#3 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 04:02 AM

Templates...mhhhh. That could be an explanation, because there is a folder "unused" and I would have aspected, if anywhere, the Clan stuff would be found there. Didn't thought of templates for modders.

#4 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 17 January 2020 - 04:55 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 17 January 2020 - 03:18 AM, said:

Since when do the Clans recruit Mercs...well except Wolf's Dragoons but they are a complet different thing.

Clan's don't use mercs and usually kill them on site. But MW5 is set up in such a way that if you fight the clans, you must have a relationship or "reputation" with them as a faction, so if you for instance try to buy something in a warzone in clan space, that clan can enforce penalties on you economically.

And Russ did say that they didn't have time to implement the Clans as they are supposed to and it will potentially be coming in an upcoming DLC..

And we all know a Clan DLC is surely coming, because if MW5 is in any way financially successful, they are gonna want to milk that, and a Clan DLC is totally logical next step.

#5 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 05:10 AM

This depends heavily on the renewal of their license from Microsoft.

#6 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 05:41 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 17 January 2020 - 04:55 AM, said:

Clan's don't use mercs and usually kill them on site. But MW5 is set up in such a way that if you fight the clans, you must have a relationship or "reputation" with them as a faction, so if you for instance try to buy something in a warzone in clan space, that clan can enforce penalties on you economically.

And Russ did say that they didn't have time to implement the Clans as they are supposed to and it will potentially be coming in an upcoming DLC..

And we all know a Clan DLC is surely coming, because if MW5 is in any way financially successful, they are gonna want to milk that, and a Clan DLC is totally logical next step.

Thats exactly what I meant with the exeption of Wolf's Dragoons who are kinda a Clan Merc Unit? Also that is a bit of a far stretch for sure.

Still I would have aspected that they clean up the folders more before a release and at least put them into the "unused" folder.

And yes after what Russ said I also aspection a Clan DLC at some point but as Aidan said...it will also depend on MS and how it goes with the license.

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 17 January 2020 - 05:10 AM, said:

This depends heavily on the renewal of their license from Microsoft.

#7 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 17 January 2020 - 11:50 AM

all games have unused features that lurk in there for modders to find. a result of constantly lowering the bar to meet deadlines. intended features get canned at various points in the development cycle with varying levels of completeness. sometimes modders can find them and make use of them.

in this case i think it might actually be future proofing for intended dlc at some point down the line.

#8 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 11:15 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 17 January 2020 - 03:18 AM, said:

I just found this list of employers in the Editor files.
Posted Image

Beside a lot of employers I haven't seen during my play there are Clans in here? Since when do the Clans recruit Mercs...well except Wolf's Dragoons but they are a complet different thing.

Anyway it seams there was some stuff planed that never happend.

Clan, unused IS employers, etc.

Gameplay trailers of 2017 also showed mechs of 3050+ origin that aren't in game, as well as numerous files with Clan mechs (now emptied but were full in the closed beta). All Clan weapons are accounted for, but deliberately broken at the moment or strangely unfinished... For example the Clan ER medium laser produces a machine gun effect.

They'll put them back in with the DLC. There "wasn't enough time to do them right."

Keep in mind the "employer" list is also used for ENEMY factions.
You are employed by X to fight Y.
X and Y are both pulled from the list.
Raiders/bandits, technically, are employers too.

However you're never actually employed by them that I've seen.

This said, with the amount of lore ignorance that's also rather flagrant I wouldn't be surprised if PGI just doesn't know.

Then again, there is a time when they do start hiring mercs...
Also the list you found is rather short. There's an "unused" list and yet another list also laying around too.

For example, Comstar and WordofBlake are both employers.

Edited by Koniving, 19 January 2020 - 12:23 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users