• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 05:22 AM

This are the mods that I currently have installed and like

- Paint Theme Saving
- MW5 Inverse Kinematics for legs
- Realistic Weapon Velocities
- Classic Mechwarrior HUD Layouts with Enhancements-Paperdoll fix (Green Version)
- Tonnage Limit Removal
- Better Spawns
- New Character Faces
- New/old Betty sounds (You can find it at the bottum of the "new faces" thread/link)

Edited by Nesutizale, 24 January 2020 - 07:33 AM.

#2 Hawk_eye

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 325 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 24 January 2020 - 06:34 AM

I'm using the Better Spawns and the 100+ New Character mod from Adrian Pride, who has taken it off of Nexus due to some complaining that he used the EVE Online character creator to make them (you can check it out here: https://mwomercs.com...-except-for-me/ and it's still available on Mediafire)

I wasn't aware of the Paint Scheme Saving mod, but will be using it ASAP.

I was thinking about the salvage fix mod (the one that increases salvage chances for legging and lowers it for CT destruction)
https://www.nexusmod...enaries/mods/28
but given I pretty much suck at legging anything, I'd rather keep my 25% chance to salvage a cored mech :)

#3 carl kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 395 posts
  • LocationMoon Base Alpha

Posted 24 January 2020 - 08:23 AM

Paint save Mod
Inverse Kinematics Mod
HUD Mod
AC only Velocity Mod

#4 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 24 January 2020 - 02:44 PM

For right now...

- Paint Theme Saving
- MW5 Inverse Kinematics for legs

I'm pretty comfortable with the weapons and HUD right now. I'll play with the other stuff once I complete the game...

#5 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 24 January 2020 - 04:41 PM

i really didnt expect the mod scene to explode as fast as it has. im still not done with the campaign and probibly wont play with mods until i finish. to be fair i still havent finished doom either. i cant remember the last time i finished a game. as for making mods, not sure if i want to do that, i have a terrible track record for finishing mods.

Edited by LordNothing, 24 January 2020 - 04:43 PM.

#6 Nesutizale

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 02:10 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 24 January 2020 - 04:41 PM, said:

i cant remember the last time i finished a game.

Thats why I setup the rule for me not to buy a game before I finished another one. Served me well so far.

#7 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,731 posts

Posted 25 January 2020 - 02:49 PM

View PostNesutizale, on 25 January 2020 - 02:10 AM, said:

Thats why I setup the rule for me not to buy a game before I finished another one. Served me well so far.

thats a fine strategy, too bad they cant make a game that can keep my attention anymore.

#8 Crazycajun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 356 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationLouisiana

Posted 25 January 2020 - 11:20 PM

I'd prefer the game wasn't moddable... but meh oh well... i not be using them but waiting for the expansion

#9 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 26 January 2020 - 03:58 AM

View PostLordNothing, on 25 January 2020 - 02:49 PM, said:

thats a fine strategy, too bad they cant make a game that can keep my attention anymore.

I have to say that if a game is bad and not keeping me playing, then I will put it aside and take another shot at it in about half a year or a year. I found out that sometimes its not the right time. For example Endless Legends, when I bought it I couldn't get into it. Now I digged it up and I enjoy it now. Its just the right game for the evening to take some turns, relaxing while playing.

Still if a game dosn't gets me the second try I will put it away and concider it done. Still I play through more games that way then I did before. I also dropped the grinding games of my list, including MWO because I found out that my attention span, since I started playing this kind of F2P grind games, has dropped conciderably.
Now I start to prefere the long, more complex games again over the fast reward games of F2P.

#10 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 26 January 2020 - 07:54 PM

I have started my 3rd playthrough and I'm just farming rep. I have the following...

1. Paint Scheme saving
2. Increased loadout options
3. HUD

#11 N a p e s

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 27 January 2020 - 01:05 PM

I'm running a few now:

Better Spawns
Paint scheme save
MWO HUD Amber from Bloodshed
Inverse Kinematics

Looking forward to seeing other mods and hoping for the bigger projects like dedicated campaigns if that's possible.

#12 Jackal Noble

• 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 29 January 2020 - 12:26 AM

Currently using the IK mod by Navid and the paint saving scheme. Otherwise trying to keep it mostly vanilla.

The IK mod does some really nice stuff, but is still far from perfect. Close up, lance mates walk fine, but once they get to distance they start kicking like cossacks

#13 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 29 January 2020 - 02:00 AM

I think that strange behavior is rooted somewhere else. I noticed it before using the mod too that when mechs are far enough away they seam to have less frames in the animation? Its like watching bad stop-motion animation for the 80?

#14 mad kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 06 February 2020 - 03:33 PM

I really want a "better optimization mod" someone who knows what they're doing to tinker under the bonnet (hood) and make the game run smoother and not Sutter and drop so much FPS. (Although apparently it happens on half decent machines too).

Mainly I say this because I've just bought DOOM 4 and it's a revelation in getting a game running and looking really good (90-126fps) even on an old and relativity weak processor. Meanwhile mw5 shits itself when things get busy.

Edited by mad kat, 06 February 2020 - 03:33 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users