#21 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 29 January 2020 - 10:54 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 28 January 2020 - 07:12 PM, said:

It's been suggested before to let solos opt into GQ but never to put GQ into SQ.
Only every other week

#22 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 29 January 2020 - 02:48 PM

View PostBlaizerP, on 29 January 2020 - 05:26 AM, said:

Yes, it sold well enough for the DLC to be cancelled, the entire series put on ice, and the studio that made it to be shut down.

Of course, 3 and half million copies don't mean much when development did cost more.

#23 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 29 January 2020 - 04:25 PM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 29 January 2020 - 03:57 AM, said:

Ah, allright. Thought PGI or Epic would have released sales figures to see how good or bad MW5 has gone.

I mean, Mass Effect Andromeda has sold well even though it's pretty mediocre.

Mass effect andromeda sold kinda well due to the massive fanbase the original trilogy had built.

MW5 was based off of MWO's reputation and PGI's handling of the game.
I think it's enough to say that the shady move PGI pulled with EGS exclusive deal (while pre-orders were still going and not telling anyone before one of their website dudes screwed up) as well as the bad blood they created with MWO community has been enough to hurt MW5.
MW5 is dead right now.

Also calling Andromeda mediocre is an insult to the word mediocre!!!
Andromeda was pure, dry, cold pile of radioactive sh*t!... save for the meh combat (god bless frostbite), EVERYTHING in that "game" was sh*t.
Writing was sh*t and all characters lacked brain. The game actively tried to insult your intelligence. and combined with the worst possible side of the SJW movement... it was more rotten than a corpse decomposing in a ditch full of dog sh*t.

You can't compensate sitting through ME:A with anything. You lost your time, your dignity, your brain, your self-respect... Everything!

#24 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 29 January 2020 - 07:29 PM

View PostDavegt27, on 29 January 2020 - 07:03 AM, said:

finally and to the point
any change you make they (the player base) wont like it
which imho is why PGI has given up on MWO

almost everything that was added to FP they dont like and they are constantly demanding removal
of stuff like conquest, scouting

GLHF

TBH, I don't think people wanted Scouting to be removed at all. They simply didn't want 4-6hrs of it replacing actual FP matches. PGI could keep Scouting permanently on (though I think this is a bad idea) while having regular FP conflicts running at the same time so that solos and smaller groups can play Scouting and earn rewards while waiting for slots to open up and the larger groups could play the regular FP modes.

Regarding Conquest, I don't think the players want this mode gone. They simply want the resource counter to be higher than what it is right now. What they want removed however is Incursion since there's already Siege exclusive to FP.

The thing is, there have been very good suggestions made by the players but PGI, due to their stubborness or lack of critical thinking, keep messing up the balance. For e.g., when they worked on LRMs, was there any reason to increase AMS range and alter the health values of other missile systems as well?

#25 AndiMech

• PipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 40 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 12:14 AM

@PGI It is quiete simple:
Just use the counter From Solaris/FP again for Group Queue. And let it say again "other GROUPS in queue", and everyone immediately knows how many other PLAYERS are waiting for an match. if the counter goes above 24, it should not be long until a match.
Why is this going to work? Because it already did.
The other day some people said "we are dropping GQ this evening", everyone knew that GQ will be populated and so they waited in queue for the matches, BECAUSE they knew that others where also in queue....

Edited by AndiMech, 30 January 2020 - 12:15 AM.

#26 Nesutizale

• The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 3,239 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 01:01 AM

A lobby system like other games have it where you can see who is waiting and also make groups on the fly and have a chat, that would be nice.

#27 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 02:42 AM

View PostNesutizale, on 31 January 2020 - 01:01 AM, said:

A lobby system like other games have it where you can see who is waiting and also make groups on the fly and have a chat, that would have been nice.

FTFY Posted Image

#28 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 03:18 AM

faction plan should be removed all together,

Group drops is a thing of the past,

all of the FP maps should be moved to the General play,

there is not enough left

#29 Brauer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 09:00 AM

1. Groupq lobby where you see who is in queue would primarily help queue dodgers. The practice is common in FP as it is. Edit: a counter would be helpful.

2. FP has enough population more or less. Tossing it into QP wouldn't work because it is a completely different mode, so Burning2nd imo your proposal is totally nonsensical and unworkable.

Edited by Brauer, 31 January 2020 - 09:01 AM.

#30 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 10:13 AM

guess you dont remember before it existed.. I guess its fair to not blame the poor choices of PGi over the years that got us to this point.. THE END

#31 Mr Laserfacehands

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 11:52 AM

I keep wanting to go back to this game with my friends, but the fact that we cant ever find a game in a group makes buying a mediocre game with a functional group matchmaker a far more attractive offer than a free masterpiece that's essentially busted.

Go ahead and jump down my throat, but the major appeal for this game (for those I know who play...or rather, "played") was always in grouping up and hitting that Quickplay.
So until we have that (simple, basic, elementary) function back... RIP mwo. I miss you.

#32 Brauer

• 1,066 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 03:13 PM

View PostBurning2nd, on 31 January 2020 - 10:13 AM, said:

guess you dont remember before it existed.. I guess its fair to not blame the poor choices of PGi over the years that got us to this point.. THE END

I didn't play before FP existed, nor is that relevant. We can blame PGI for a lot of poor choices, that doesn't mean siege should somehow be dumped into QP, or that removing FP when it has a decent population is a good idea. I think most would agree it'd be one of their latest mistakes.

View PostMr Laserfacehands, on 31 January 2020 - 11:52 AM, said:

I keep wanting to go back to this game with my friends, but the fact that we cant ever find a game in a group makes buying a mediocre game with a functional group matchmaker a far more attractive offer than a free masterpiece that's essentially busted.

Go ahead and jump down my throat, but the major appeal for this game (for those I know who play...or rather, "played") was always in grouping up and hitting that Quickplay.
So until we have that (simple, basic, elementary) function back... RIP mwo. I miss you.

It's not that GQ is broken, it's that it has no population. If you want to drop together either play FP or private lobbies.

Edited by Brauer, 31 January 2020 - 07:27 PM.

#33 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 31 January 2020 - 04:52 PM

yeah lets put FP modes into Quick Play.

If you wanna make the population die off completely?

Do that. Yeah.

#34 Teenage Mutant Ninja Urbie

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,678 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 05:13 PM

can you imagine: 1st of april, all QP matches are siege-matches? For that, I'd log in and play again,
just to see them nascar on Hellebore Springs.

Posted Image

#35 K O Z A K

• 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 31 January 2020 - 05:36 PM

Nascar around omega, nice tight circles, protection from lrms, everything you could wish for

"And today we are logging in for another episode of the Grim Portico 500, ladies and gentlemen, Sssstart your engines!"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users