Team Damage

29 replies to this topic

#1 Smooky the husky

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 21 posts

Posted 30 January 2020 - 04:08 PM

I can understand we all make team damage by accident but . if in next update you can off the team friendly Damage /,? .. World of tank be the same issu now he did turn that off and is very good now . if mechwarriore can do same ? . i hit a little my team because i not have much place for my mouse some time i hit it and the fire laser did go on my team when not wanted . or peopel go front me when i shoot enemies x-x is thing more annoying . so for suggestions is posible to turn damage team off ?

#2 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 31 January 2020 - 07:00 AM

View PostSmooky the husky, on 30 January 2020 - 04:08 PM, said:

I can understand we all make team damage by accident but . if in next update you can off the team friendly Damage /,? .. World of tank be the same issu now he did turn that off and is very good now . if mechwarriore can do same ? . i hit a little my team because i not have much place for my mouse some time i hit it and the fire laser did go on my team when not wanted . or peopel go front me when i shoot enemies x-x is thing more annoying . so for suggestions is posible to turn damage team off ?

I am sure that your gunnery skills will improve and soon you will have no problems with friendly fire.

#3 Geravind

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 February 2020 - 09:11 AM

I have another request within the topic...
This game MUST HAVE friendly damage notifier like "#username inflicted you #number damage". I'm sick of those idiots, who shoot my back for fun ...and to figure out, who is that idiot this time.
So, "report friendly damage" option makes no much sense without the thing I mentioned above.

#4 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 10:04 AM

View PostGeravind, on 10 February 2020 - 09:11 AM, said:

I have another request within the topic...
This game MUST HAVE friendly damage notifier like "#username inflicted you #number damage". I'm sick of those idiots, who shoot my back for fun ...and to figure out, who is that idiot this time.
So, "report friendly damage" option makes no much sense without the thing I mentioned above.

Honestly, that "report friendly damage" option is obsolete now, as would be that "friendly damage notifier".

The new automated system punishes friendly damagers and team killers automatically, reported or not.

#5 Geravind

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 10:30 AM

martian, I just want to know instantly, which **** shot me for fun ...and to discern friendly fire from enemy fire without mistakes.

#6 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 10:41 AM

View PostGeravind, on 13 February 2020 - 10:30 AM, said:

martian, I just want to know instantly, which **** shot me for fun ...and to discern friendly fire from enemy fire without mistakes.

You can not return friendly fire because you would get exactly the same penalty - it is in the rules. The automated system works that way too.

And it is quite possible that the friendly player, who damaged you, will be in your team in the next drop again. His name and everything else is irrelevant.

#7 Geravind

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 11:23 AM

I just want to know ...guaranteed.

#8 Nearly Dead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 274 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 04:29 PM

Requests:
Team damage should show up instantly on the shooters screen, in case it is a situation where they see a red target marker on the far side of a team mate. Big white letters and Bitchin Betty, [Check Fire!] three times. No surprises at the end of the match and a chance to apologize before it is too late. I think that apology would resolve a lot of problems. End of match is too late. The victim is going to disco in anger, maybe before the end score. The shooter may well finish the match and be sitting with his mouth hanging open seeing the Team Damage on the score card and not know how or when it happened and have no way to know who the other player was and no way to say they are sorry.

Team damage, (multiplied by something like 4) should be deducted from score.

A team kill should mean no XP or C-bill for the match.

Real team killers? I don't see much to do unless they want to flag reported TKers to have their games recorded and saved for review if TD is recorded. There is still one notorious TKer playing, I spectated him today after I got killed and he is still playing the same sneaky games, crowding right behind a mech, hitting them in the back and legs, not letting them back out of a firing position. No doubt in my mind it was deliberate.

#9 Geravind

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 01:00 AM

Nearly Dead, I got a teamkill once, because a stupid teammate on a light mech went facehugging last crossfired target. And he got less 10dmg from me, so... But revoking payment from a single match — not a big deal, though.

#10 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 15 February 2020 - 01:36 AM

View Postmartian, on 13 February 2020 - 10:04 AM, said:

Honestly, that "report friendly damage" option is obsolete now, as would be that "friendly damage notifier".
The new automated system punishes friendly damagers and team killers automatically, reported or not.
The report option is for deliberate team damage / team kills, ie cases where you want PGI's moderation team to step in.

View Postmartian, on 13 February 2020 - 10:41 AM, said:

And it is quite possible that the friendly player, who damaged you, will be in your team in the next drop again. His name and everything else is irrelevant.
What is relevant in that request, though, is information whether the damage was accidental FF or an enemy backstabber hitting your team's rear.

View PostNearly Dead, on 14 February 2020 - 04:29 PM, said:

Team damage already receives a score penalty. So do teamkills.

Sorry, no. Accidental TKs still happen. I guess you never saw dumb ****s on your team run right into your own arty strike...

Real team killers? I don't see much to do unless they want to flag reported TKers to have their games recorded and saved for review if TD is recorded. There is still one notorious TKer playing, I spectated him today after I got killed and he is still playing the same sneaky games, crowding right behind a mech, hitting them in the back and legs, not letting them back out of a firing position. No doubt in my mind it was deliberate.
Then take screenshots of the event, take screenshots of the match end screen (for the match ID) and e-mail moderation@mwomercs.com with your report.

#11 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 01:42 AM

View PostGeravind, on 13 February 2020 - 11:23 AM, said:

I just want to know ...guaranteed.

As I said, the automated system already does all the necessary work, even without your report.

Requests:
Team damage should show up instantly on the shooters screen, in case it is a situation where they see a red target marker on the far side of a team mate. Big white letters and Bitchin Betty, [Check Fire!] three times. No surprises at the end of the match and a chance to apologize before it is too late. I think that apology would resolve a lot of problems. End of match is too late. The victim is going to disco in anger, maybe before the end score. The shooter may well finish the match and be sitting with his mouth hanging open seeing the Team Damage on the score card and not know how or when it happened and have no way to know who the other player was and no way to say they are sorry.

There is much simpler solution that was already implemented in MechWarrior 4: Using colour-coded reticule. Blue for friendly 'Mechs and red for enemy 'Mechs. Even the biggest fool can discern between blue and red.

As for saying sorry, I could not care less.

Check the picture:

Posted Image

Hell, no. If some ******* killstealer spends the game watching me fighting the enemy 'Mech and then jumps in front of me in the last moment to steal my kill when I am pulling the trigger to finish the enemy 'Mech ... I have no problem with that killstealer eating my fire.

I can not comment on this, since I do not see a lot of team killers in Tier 1 games.

#12 Geravind

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 02:46 AM

View Postmartian, on 15 February 2020 - 01:42 AM, said:

As I said, the automated system already does all the necessary work, even without your report.

It doesn't. I want instantly know, who shot me every single time.

And I had already 3 cases, when stupid teammates stepped into my strategic strike, even after my warning beforehand.

#13 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 03:20 AM

View PostGeravind, on 15 February 2020 - 02:46 AM, said:

It doesn't. I want instantly know, who shot me every single time.

Sure, but such knowledge is not going to help you any way. There is absolutely nothing what you can do to a player who caused a friendly damage.

View PostGeravind, on 15 February 2020 - 02:46 AM, said:

And I had already 3 cases, when stupid teammates stepped into my strategic strike, even after my warning beforehand.

Yeah, this is nothing unusual.

#14 Geravind

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 03:34 AM

View Postmartian, on 15 February 2020 - 03:20 AM, said:

Sure, but such knowledge is not going to help you any way. There is absolutely nothing what you can do to a player who caused a friendly damage.

Man, in a game, where every freaking second means much, it WILL help me. I'm trying to explain in from the beginning.

#15 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 03:38 AM

View PostGeravind, on 15 February 2020 - 03:34 AM, said:

Man, in a game, where every freaking second means much, it WILL help me. I'm trying to explain in from the beginning.

And I am telling you that there is nothing you can do with it in the current game, between games and that you are probably having that same player in your next game.

#16 Geravind

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 05:17 AM

F*ck "that player" — I must know for sure, do I have enemy in my back or not.

#17 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 05:35 AM

You are in a PUG team and you are playing against another PUG team - you have enemies both in front of you and behind you ...

That goes without saying. Posted Image

#18 Geravind

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 07:40 AM

I still need that notifier of friendly fire taken!
And make something NOTICEABLE on crosshair, when an unexpected mech appears from around a corner and occupies entire my screen so I literally can't see IFF marking above his head.

#19 martian

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,580 posts

Posted 13 September 2020 - 08:39 AM

View PostGeravind, on 13 September 2020 - 07:40 AM, said:

I still need that notifier of friendly fire taken!

Oh, well.

View PostGeravind, on 13 September 2020 - 07:40 AM, said:

And make something NOTICEABLE on crosshair, when an unexpected mech appears from around a corner and occupies entire my screen so I literally can't see IFF marking above his head.

Use Mini-Map.

It shows friendly and enemy 'Mechs. It is useful for keeping the situational awareness.

Although it often does not show positions of all enemy 'Mechs, it always shows positions of all friendly 'Mechs.

Check the picture, please. Since my 'Mech is surrounded by red symbols, obviously that Annihilator in front of my 'Mech can not be a friendly unit.

Posted Image

#20 Geravind

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 04 October 2020 - 04:21 AM

View Postmartian, on 13 September 2020 - 08:39 AM, said:

Oh, thank you, Captain Obvious. For example, on HPG Manifold I CAN NOT instantly know for sure, where that marking is — low ground? ...high ground? ...stratoshpere?
And another fu..ng typical example: a moron-teammate (using thermal vision) in the basement of that map (mentioned above) sees another teammate and a target as one big solid figure, he shoots it ...and kills his teammate, because he (is moron) has no that warning on his crosshair. And another thing to fix — crosshair blinks red, even if you damage friendly! WTF, developers? Make it blinking blue in such cases or something noticeably different, becase it's important too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users