#21 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 01 February 2020 - 08:39 AM

View PostJoshua McEvedy, on 01 February 2020 - 06:49 AM, said:

OK, since the game is clearly dying, the mod team has mostly been released, and this board has been a wasteland for years, I no longer care about this game, this board, or anybody's leaderboard stats. So I'm just going to finally say what most other posters think about you, especially the old timers.

You are a sneering, sniveling, sanctimonious *****, whose toxicity and worthless commentary has contributed to the game's decline as well as the quality and diversity of the posting on this board. Nobody gives a rat's arse about your rantings and what you think, so you can friggin' ********** and get bent.

Hey, this guy resembles the guy in the picture from my earlier post!

#22 -Winter

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 156 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 08:59 AM

This is why new players have trust issues. A really good Player "Scout Derek" shows off what looks like a fun and effective build.

Then some dude who should never open his mouth and recommend builds starts making bold bs statements about how he can kill said build with his **** build. It's not stat shaming, its the truth. Don't be a snowflake...
Posted Image

Also why even mention new players like its a bad thing? I've been playing less then a month and w/ real build guidance from some guys here even I can manage over 400 match score. What's your excuse "Playing since 2016"?
Posted Image

Edited by Winter VII, 01 February 2020 - 04:51 PM.

#23 Marquis De Lafayette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 1,396 posts
  • LocationIn Valley Forge with General Washington

Posted 01 February 2020 - 09:09 AM

Lesson: Before you question someone else’s stats and talk trash about their build, make sure your own stats aren’t just embarrassing.....

Some old players never learn...hopefully those noobs coming over from MW5 will though.

#24 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 01 February 2020 - 09:17 AM

Gotta give Derek this- he knows how to shield and spread damage with that XL. Did well in all the matches I was in vs or with him, and it took a team kill to bring him down the one match I actually saw him die lol. At least I think I managed to not become a victim, I've already died to almost everyone else in this thread...

#25 VonBruinwald

• The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 01 February 2020 - 10:50 AM

View PostKodyn, on 01 February 2020 - 09:17 AM, said:

I've already died to almost everyone else in this thread...

Posted Image

#26 Scout Derek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 01 February 2020 - 10:51 AM

View PostJoshua McEvedy, on 01 February 2020 - 03:34 AM, said:

XL engine with SRM ammo packed around it, eh? My pulse lasers, UACs, and targeting computers would love that!

You're more than welcome to prove to me anytime how your build will beat mine, and no, not in words, but in-game.

I'll be available Sunday afternoon Pacific time if you're around that time.

View PostJoshua McEvedy, on 01 February 2020 - 05:32 AM, said:

Depends on the type of player he was fighting against...noobs from MW5? So, no I'm not impressed.

I've fought against all kinds of people, and, for the most part, majority have died due to being careless or being chased down by the speed and DPS of the mech. It doesn't matter whom they were, all die the same.

View PostJoshua McEvedy, on 01 February 2020 - 05:32 AM, said:

One month of play in a dying game vs 7 full years worth of matches, and as an admittedly casual unit commander who has been active from the start, and through thick and thin?

Yes, one month of play to showcase a mech with a loadout against a widely varied meta of mechs, lrm boaters, atm potatoes, and general meta mech users. a mech that's not widely used much in quickplay, a variant that's not even looked at entirely.

And by the way, the wording about you having 7 years of experience doesn't speak too much if I have had the same amount of gameplay experience but am now where I'm at. It's a fallacy of false authority; because you have experience means you're a reliable source of information for what's good and bad?

Anyways, I came here to showcase a build, if you, again, want to show me how wrong I am, you're more than welcome to, in-game.

#27 Bows3r

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Cadet
  • Cadet
  • 229 posts
  • Location3 time World Champion

Posted 01 February 2020 - 11:19 AM

View PostWinter VII, on 01 February 2020 - 08:59 AM, said:

This is why new players have trust issues. A really good Player "Scout Derek" shows off what looks like a fun and effective build.

Then some dude who should never open his mouth and recommend builds starts making bold bs statements about how he can kill said build with his **** build. It's not stat shaming, its the truth. Don't be a snowflake...
Posted Image

Vibe checked.

Posted Image

Edited by Bows3r, 01 February 2020 - 11:33 AM.

#28 Thorn Hallis

• 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 01 February 2020 - 11:23 AM

I'm impressed.

#29 Brauer

• 1,066 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 11:32 AM

View PostThorn Hallis, on 01 February 2020 - 11:23 AM, said:

I'm impressed.

Agreed. This is the right response to the OP.

#30 n00biwan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSomerset, UK...

Posted 01 February 2020 - 11:33 AM

I'll say this group queue doesn't/didn't mean auto win for a lot of people, only the ones in the better units or their asociates.

For 13 OH(The unit Josua started and I've been a member/associate of since ever) it usually meant losses as the unit is 90% casual, not great for stat pages. The point was dropping together and beating the spread or whatever.

I can see why you wouldn't want ammo in your legs as IS with an XL(legging blowback death), you don't want it near the engine either, but it's gotta go somewhere... Josua made a joking reference to ammo in STs, (it would be interesting to see if the build would have been even better with the ammo in the legs maybe but that's another discussion) it didn't merit that kind of forum smack fu.

Josua maybe shouldn't have maybe seemed to be disparaging Scoots achievement, but really?

Some guys seem to get off on trying to trigger people, it's childish. My overall stats varied hugely over time, depending on lots of things, they aren't all that. My alt is top 10% or something, but then he's in T3, and I try not to run dodgy experimental or "fun" builds on him.

Calling out Proto... well, Proto, you love being confrontational and whatnot, well done, you triggered another one.

Can we all just chill the fudge out?

I'm also impressed... lol

#31 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 01 February 2020 - 11:40 AM

View Postn00biwan, on 01 February 2020 - 11:33 AM, said:

I can see why you wouldn't want ammo in your legs as IS with an XL(legging blowback death), you don't want it near the engine either, but it's gotta go somewhere... Josua made a joking reference to ammo in STs, (it would be interesting to see if the build would have been even better with the ammo in the legs maybe but that's another discussion) it didn't merit that kind of forum smack fu.

IMO I would've put 2 tons of ammo in the CT because CT ammo is the first ammo to get expended. If you can live long enough to use up those shots (which Scout clearly can) then the CT is actually a pretty safe place to put ammo.

Also I prefer MRMs on the Wolvie because having more reach is nice when your pugs don't want to close the distance with the reds.

#32 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,015 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 01 February 2020 - 11:48 AM

View Postn00biwan, on 01 February 2020 - 11:33 AM, said:

I'll say this group queue doesn't/didn't mean auto win for a lot of people, only the ones in the better units or their asociates.

For 13 OH(The unit Josua started and I've been a member/associate of since ever) it usually meant losses as the unit is 90% casual, not great for stat pages. The point was dropping together and beating the spread or whatever.

Josua maybe shouldn't have maybe seemed to be disparaging Scoots achievement, but really?

Some guys seem to get off on trying to trigger people, it's childish. My overall stats varied hugely over time, depending on lots of things, they aren't all that. My alt is top 10% or something, but then he's in T3, and I try not to run dodgy experimental or "fun" builds on him.

Calling out Proto... well, Proto, you love being confrontational and whatnot, well done, you triggered another one.

Can we all just chill the fudge out?

I'm also impressed... lol

Very chill in fact. However if he was truly joking around then he wouldn't have responded so defensively towards the bait, no?

Just from my point of view is all. We all choose who we can respond, pay attention to, or ignore.

#33 n00biwan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 147 posts
  • LocationSomerset, UK...

Posted 01 February 2020 - 12:44 PM

I'll be honest, Josua has been upset about the increasing level of epeenery and some of the hate directed at "average" players recently, his tone (and triggerage) probably relates to that.

He's a good man, a good friend and has done much more with his life than I have, I respect him, so yeah, I'll come out in his defence even if he has maybe over exposed. ;)

#34 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 01 February 2020 - 12:46 PM

View Postn00biwan, on 01 February 2020 - 12:44 PM, said:

I'll be honest, Josua has been upset about the increasing level of epeenery and some of the hate directed at "average" players recently, his tone (and triggerage) probably relates to that.

He's a good man, a good friend and has done much more with his life than I have, I respect him, so yeah, I'll come out in his defence even if he has maybe over exposed. Posted Image

We can put an end to that. In this thread, Bows3r is the best, full stop. Epeen over.

#35 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 01:02 PM

So I'm just going to finally say what most other posters think about you, especially the old timers.

Sweet. Bring it. Totally need more boomer opinions in my life to shrug off.

You are a sneering, sniveling, sanctimonious *****, whose toxicity and worthless commentary has contributed to the game's decline as well as the quality and diversity of the posting on this board. Nobody gives a rat's arse about your rantings and what you think, so you can friggin' ********** and get bent.

Man. That was weak. 3/10

Last bit reminds me of

Posted Image

All I did was call you out for a weird flex on someone I know is going to demolish you 99.9 times out of 100.

Edited by Prototelis, 01 February 2020 - 01:23 PM.

#36 BackShot

• PipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 87 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 01:10 PM

Really nice performance scout. GGs

#37 justcallme A S H

• CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 01 February 2020 - 02:13 PM

OK, since the game is clearly dying, the mod team has mostly been released, and this board has been a wasteland for years, I no longer care about this game, this board, or anybody's leaderboard stats. So I'm just going to finally say what most other posters think about you, especially the old timers.

Lol.

Get up and go for a walk outside.

#38 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 01 February 2020 - 02:44 PM

lol

#39 Bud Crue

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 9,882 posts
  • LocationOn the farm in central Minnesota

Posted 01 February 2020 - 06:50 PM

Wolverines were one of the first mediums I leveled back in 2015. I hated that experience with the white hot intensity of a thousand suns. Even playing 7K, which was the only one I managed to get decent performance out of, I still hated leveling the lot of them. They are the only mechs I ever sold and never bought back without regret. But of late, I have heard from a few people that I should give the things another go. One of the guys that I regularly play with even calls the 7K "the best mech in the game," and he isn't joking. Now between what I see him manage pretty regularly, and what Scout is showing is possible above, I think maybe it is time to give them another shot. Even knowing I will not be able to come close to that kind of performance, I gotta say that the OP's demonstration is damn impressive and down right inspirational...8.03 AVERAGE kdr!? Wow.

Edit: OMG just read the rest of the thread. Is it really so had to appreciate that some people are just really, really good at the game and the rest of us are varying degrees of not good? Good lord.

Edited by Bud Crue, 01 February 2020 - 06:54 PM.

#40 DanMechMan

• Pip
  • CS 2023 Participant
  • CS 2023 Participant
  • 15 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 01 February 2020 - 07:10 PM

Nice work Derek. I play the WVR-7K with MRM's quite a bit but i'm keen to try out your build. Cheers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users