Cold Storage Bug/suggestion

10 replies to this topic

#1 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 10:54 AM

Most of the time when i place fully repaired mech into cold storage it get random damage or armor reduction. Is this a known bug? Second patch was released and still no fix. Would be nice to have mechs in cold storage fully equipped and painted.

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 06 February 2020 - 11:22 PM

Well, it's not a big issue, as you have to refit them anyway when you take them out of CS. Painting would be nice, but full loadouts would defeat its purpose.

#3 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 02:34 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 06 February 2020 - 11:22 PM, said:

Well, it's not a big issue, as you have to refit them anyway when you take them out of CS. Painting would be nice, but full loadouts would defeat its purpose.

What purpose?

#4 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,562 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 02:43 AM

The purpose of "You can have (almost) as many Mechs as you want with you on your space journey, but only 12 in active duty, or you need to prepare them for active duty." 12 Mechs and up to 50 in CS is already a stretch, given that your tiny leopard could only hold 4 Mechs in lore.

#5 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 07 February 2020 - 04:07 AM

View PostSVK Puskin, on 06 February 2020 - 10:54 AM, said:

Most of the time when i place fully repaired mech into cold storage it get random damage or armor reduction. Is this a known bug? Second patch was released and still no fix. Would be nice to have mechs in cold storage fully equipped and painted.

The point of Cold Storage is to store mechs, not store mechs completely equipped. All of the equipment are removed and the mechs themselves are broken down into individual components and stored. Otherwise, they'd need a full-sized mech bay to store.

The armour damage is minor and while it is annoying to look at and could be fixed, it's nothing to lose sleep over. Just assume that some eejit in-charge of storing the mechs bashed it against a wall somewhere, like the valet parkers who scratch your car.

#6 Five by Five

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 10:20 AM

If anything, I would say the real cold storage bug is that it instantly strips all the equipment from your mech. If you want to do a major loadout change on your mech, sure you could take all the old equipment off which costs time and money, or you can just dunk it into cold storage and instantly strip everything for free. That is the real cold storage bug for me.

#7 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 11:15 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 07 February 2020 - 02:43 AM, said:

The purpose of "You can have (almost) as many Mechs as you want with you on your space journey, but only 12 in active duty, or you need to prepare them for active duty." 12 Mechs and up to 50 in CS is already a stretch, given that your tiny leopard could only hold 4 Mechs in lore.

Yeah but would be nice to have higher limit for cold storage. :)

#8 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 11:19 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 07 February 2020 - 04:07 AM, said:

The point of Cold Storage is to store mechs, not store mechs completely equipped. All of the equipment are removed and the mechs themselves are broken down into individual components and stored. Otherwise, they'd need a full-sized mech bay to store.

The armour damage is minor and while it is annoying to look at and could be fixed, it's nothing to lose sleep over. Just assume that some eejit in-charge of storing the mechs bashed it against a wall somewhere, like the valet parkers who scratch your car.

It is kinda annoying (but not a big deal) to refit mechs during my journey accros the IS.

#9 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 07 February 2020 - 11:24 AM

View PostFive by Five, on 07 February 2020 - 10:20 AM, said:

If anything, I would say the real cold storage bug is that it instantly strips all the equipment from your mech. If you want to do a major loadout change on your mech, sure you could take all the old equipment off which costs time and money, or you can just dunk it into cold storage and instantly strip everything for free. That is the real cold storage bug for me.

Yeah i agree but i do not know it is a bug or if it was intended.

#10 Five by Five

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 11:31 AM

View PostSVK Puskin, on 07 February 2020 - 11:24 AM, said:

Yeah i agree but i do not know it is a bug or if it was intended.

True, not really a bug, more of an oversight or perhaps a lack of time to think through and implement a better way to handle transferring mechs into and out of cold storage.

#11 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 13 February 2020 - 01:14 AM

View PostFive by Five, on 11 February 2020 - 11:31 AM, said:

True, not really a bug, more of an oversight or perhaps a lack of time to think through and implement a better way to handle transferring mechs into and out of cold storage.

Yeah, perhaps. I would be really happy if they could fix the random cold storage damage and ability to store fully equipped and painted mechs, also the cold storage limit should be higher.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users