Mw4 Vengeance Remake Dlc

23 replies to this topic

#21 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 819 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 10:31 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 19 February 2020 - 12:40 AM, said:

@SVK Puskin :- At this point, there aren't any factual figures about how successful MW5 is in terms of sales. The general consensus is that MW5 is a very rough diamond but a diamond nonetheless and it needs a lot of work to make it a complete game. When I mean "work", I mean in every department.

The DLC that PGI have planned isn't clear but it is supposed to have more mechs and mission types, I think. If they wanted to remake or copy some portions of the older Mechwarrior games, they could've done that already. I'm pretty sure they would've discussed it internally. I don't think PGI themselves would do it. It's up to the modders. Having seen the modding community work on TES games, the hurdles that they have to overcome to make those mods are vast. Given that MW5 is a much smaller game in terms of popularity, we'd have to wait a while. That said, if an existing modding team like that of the Long War mod, Roguetech or even if the makers of Mechwarrio : Living Legends got together again to make mods, then we might see something similar to what you want. An ideal situation would be for existing modders to group up and make something like OOO (Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul) or FCOM (a collection of mods for TES Oblivion). ATM, PGI won't be making a MW4-type campaign for MW5.

Yeah, i agree, i would like to have new biomes, mechs, weapons, mission types but would be nice to have MW4 Vengeance remake. This game is simply too nostlagic for me, i played it over and over and over again. :D :)

#22 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,128 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 29 February 2020 - 04:42 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 17 February 2020 - 02:17 AM, said:

I would love to play all the Mechwarrior games (1,2,3,4,and all add-ons) in MW5's engine.

If you make it, I will play it.

Me too.
MW1 and MW2:M are the easier to adapt (maybe modder could do it?)

#23 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,302 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 04 March 2020 - 04:44 AM

View PostSVK Puskin, on 15 February 2020 - 03:12 PM, said:

Hold on. PGI has the license for Mechwarrior. Is there another MW license?

Just because they have the license to the property, doesn't mean they have the copyright to utilize another's STORY.

Take some time, and research Copyright and Licensing and understand how this stuff works. Because it's a lot more complex than just 'they have the license, they can do whatever." because no, they cannot.

#24 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 819 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 12:51 PM

View PostCMDR Sunset Shimmer, on 04 March 2020 - 04:44 AM, said:

Just because they have the license to the property, doesn't mean they have the copyright to utilize another's STORY.

Take some time, and research Copyright and Licensing and understand how this stuff works. Because it's a lot more complex than just 'they have the license, they can do whatever." because no, they cannot.

Roger. :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users