Mw4 Vengeance Remake Dlc

30 replies to this topic

#21 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 10:31 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 19 February 2020 - 12:40 AM, said:

@SVK Puskin :- At this point, there aren't any factual figures about how successful MW5 is in terms of sales. The general consensus is that MW5 is a very rough diamond but a diamond nonetheless and it needs a lot of work to make it a complete game. When I mean "work", I mean in every department.

The DLC that PGI have planned isn't clear but it is supposed to have more mechs and mission types, I think. If they wanted to remake or copy some portions of the older Mechwarrior games, they could've done that already. I'm pretty sure they would've discussed it internally. I don't think PGI themselves would do it. It's up to the modders. Having seen the modding community work on TES games, the hurdles that they have to overcome to make those mods are vast. Given that MW5 is a much smaller game in terms of popularity, we'd have to wait a while. That said, if an existing modding team like that of the Long War mod, Roguetech or even if the makers of Mechwarrio : Living Legends got together again to make mods, then we might see something similar to what you want. An ideal situation would be for existing modders to group up and make something like OOO (Oscuro's Oblivion Overhaul) or FCOM (a collection of mods for TES Oblivion). ATM, PGI won't be making a MW4-type campaign for MW5.

Yeah, i agree, i would like to have new biomes, mechs, weapons, mission types but would be nice to have MW4 Vengeance remake. This game is simply too nostlagic for me, i played it over and over and over again. :D :)

#22 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,198 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 29 February 2020 - 04:42 AM

View PostVellron2005, on 17 February 2020 - 02:17 AM, said:

I would love to play all the Mechwarrior games (1,2,3,4,and all add-ons) in MW5's engine.

If you make it, I will play it.

Me too.
MW1 and MW2:M are the easier to adapt (maybe modder could do it?)

#23 CMDR Sunset Shimmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,335 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 04 March 2020 - 04:44 AM

View PostSVK Puskin, on 15 February 2020 - 03:12 PM, said:

Hold on. PGI has the license for Mechwarrior. Is there another MW license?

Just because they have the license to the property, doesn't mean they have the copyright to utilize another's STORY.

Take some time, and research Copyright and Licensing and understand how this stuff works. Because it's a lot more complex than just 'they have the license, they can do whatever." because no, they cannot.

#24 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 05 March 2020 - 12:51 PM

View PostCMDR Sunset Shimmer, on 04 March 2020 - 04:44 AM, said:

Just because they have the license to the property, doesn't mean they have the copyright to utilize another's STORY.

Take some time, and research Copyright and Licensing and understand how this stuff works. Because it's a lot more complex than just 'they have the license, they can do whatever." because no, they cannot.

Roger. :)

#25 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,732 posts

Posted 02 April 2020 - 06:16 PM

i could just go play mw4 vengeance, id rather dlc be "original" content.

#26 Five by Five

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 06:01 AM

I'd love to see a "revisioning" of the MW2 Clan Wolf vs Jade Flacon refusal trail as a DLC campaign . . . of course you'd need clan mechs first. I'd also love to see the last arc of MW2 Mercs, the part after the clans arrive.

Of course, what I'm really saying is that those time frames had some very interesting parts in them and I had fond memories of those games. There are several ways to play the clan invasion or the refusal wars. And plenty of other interesting time frames.

So really, for DLC, obviously the clans at some point, but potentially just as interesting would be campaigns through some of the more interesting time frames from various perspectives/factions, not just as a merc.

Edited by Five by Five, 06 April 2020 - 06:02 AM.

#27 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 06 April 2020 - 09:04 PM

Just no. No remakes. I don't need a buggy mess of something that I cherished in my childhood.

#28 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 01:47 PM

View PostLordNothing, on 02 April 2020 - 06:16 PM, said:

i could just go play mw4 vengeance, id rather dlc be "original" content.

But the game is old and hard to find for many players and i am sure that you would love the remake as well.

View PostMichelle Branch, on 06 April 2020 - 09:04 PM, said:

Just no. No remakes. I don't need a buggy mess of something that I cherished in my childhood.

Strange opinion.

View PostFive by Five, on 06 April 2020 - 06:01 AM, said:

I'd love to see a "revisioning" of the MW2 Clan Wolf vs Jade Flacon refusal trail as a DLC campaign . . . of course you'd need clan mechs first. I'd also love to see the last arc of MW2 Mercs, the part after the clans arrive.

Of course, what I'm really saying is that those time frames had some very interesting parts in them and I had fond memories of those games. There are several ways to play the clan invasion or the refusal wars. And plenty of other interesting time frames.

So really, for DLC, obviously the clans at some point, but potentially just as interesting would be campaigns through some of the more interesting time frames from various perspectives/factions, not just as a merc.

Yeah, i think that MW or MW2 remake as DLC can be interesting too.

#29 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,732 posts

Posted 12 April 2020 - 11:25 PM

View PostSVK Puskin, on 12 April 2020 - 01:47 PM, said:

But the game is old and hard to find for many players and i am sure that you would love the remake as well.

as much as id like a return to ye olde golden days of gaming, anything that could be done now would only be a lame substitute.

Edited by LordNothing, 12 April 2020 - 11:25 PM.

#30 Five by Five

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 191 posts

Posted 13 April 2020 - 08:36 PM

For way back years of yesterday, I'd suggest getting the MW4 Merc Sound Track. I like the MW5 sound track and I love the MW2 Mercs sound track, but the MW4 Mercs sound track tops them both.

#31 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 29 April 2020 - 06:36 PM

For anyone saying PGI should remake MW4 (or any previous MW/BT game) I've got one word for you:

"Remastered"

That's a copy of an original game, spruced up a bit and released at full <insert 1-3 A's> price tag. It wont be a DLC.

It's in everyones best interests if PGI work on new and improved story, mechanics and so on. Old content is best left in the hands of modders who have a lot more flexibility (from a getting sued perspective) than a commercial company does.

That said, compared to remaking an elder scrolls game the content required while still being significant, is vastly smaller than those ones. You need to remake every square foot of games as detailed as Morrowind, MW4 you just need a rough approximation for maps etc (which were pretty sparse to begin with).

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users