Balance Gameplay Mode

29 replies to this topic

#21 Brizna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 17 February 2020 - 03:56 AM

A centurion rush will still work most of the time since skill and organization level in FW isn't exactly high. That said AC2s and centurion, nope. AC20 and SRMs YES!!

Centurion is a meh mech, but it doesn't suck, they still brawl pretty good provided you practice the mostly lost art of torso twisting.

#22 Dunner Wright

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 01:43 PM

WOW, alot of replies... most of it was expected but some... i can answer all of you.

FIRST OFF there is some stigma about using Ac/2s, especially when used with a macro, BUT...but the idea of your entire team running with mechs capable of 10.5 "continuous" damage as the worst idea or fastest way to throw a match is possibly the most insulting thing i've ever heard on these forums. Not just to my CN9-AH but to the many trial mechs that exist,(i mean your acting like you never piloted the trial shadowcat before) gotta give credit where credits due.

Also who snipes with Ac/2s? You need facetime to deal damage so... you get in their face, going full pewpew. Shinji tactics are for those Ac/2 Night Gyrs with ECM (i hate you guys along with the stealth Thanatos and Marauder IIs).

Also the reason for an Ac/2 Centurion, THE ONE REASON, it's better than just about any other mech at boating it,

it... looks cooler

Yeah that's it, the shadowhawk and hunchback come close but MY GOD PGI, give mechs all these hardpoints and... don't... even... try... to make it look good, hell, even make it look like it was supposed to be there instead of just being bolted on. the Cn9-D and Cn9-AH are pretty much the only variants i deal with because: 2x Lbx2s every half a second, and Ac/2 rounds fired every fifth.

As to further answer upon this "hypothetical" if i was even remotely organized enough to make it happen, i figure a 12-man group of Ac/2 king crabs, Annihilators, OMG JUST LBX2 JAEGERMECHS... would just shred the enemy with a proper murderball+charge. triple Ac/2 CN9-AH would atleast be a challenge, but again with a proper murderball+charge you could potentially defeat the opponents 1st wave... with 50-tonners and in a hail of Ac/2 gunfire... it would be glorious...

But yeah for a proper dakka squad everybody's having atleast quad Ac/2 or lbx/2 Jaegermechs would be a MUCH better idea.

But hey this is just a theory, a g

#23 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 20 February 2020 - 01:10 PM

Centurion is bad.

#24 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:21 AM

View PostDunner Wright, on 19 February 2020 - 01:43 PM, said:

But yeah for a proper dakka squad everybody's having atleast quad Ac/2 or lbx/2 Jaegermechs would be a MUCH better idea.

Stop using LB2s for range.

4AC2 Jaeger is bad. Stop doing that. 5ac2 is da wae.

#25 Dunner Wright

• Pip
  • Survivor
  • 16 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 03:30 PM

View PostPrototelis, on 21 February 2020 - 10:21 AM, said:

Stop using LB2s for range.

4AC2 Jaeger is bad. Stop doing that. 5ac2 is da wae.

...what? Range? 4AC2 Jaeger bad?! I feel you don't realize the gospel that is the quad LB2s with -27% ballistic cooldown. Past 1000m normal AC2s will deal only 1 dmg while LB2s deal 1+1, but you don't use it for range... you use it to wreck face and have 4 erSmls as backup. Also 5 AC2s on the other Jaeger is too janky looking and slow for me.

#26 thievingmagpi

• 1,577 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 03:44 PM

Posted Image

#27 justcallme A S H

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • CS 2020 Referee
  • 8,987 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, AU

Posted 21 February 2020 - 04:32 PM

View PostDunner Wright, on 21 February 2020 - 03:30 PM, said:

...what? Range? 4AC2 Jaeger bad?! I feel you don't realize the gospel that is the quad LB2s with -27% ballistic cooldown. Past 1000m normal AC2s will deal only 1 dmg while LB2s deal 1+1, but you don't use it for range... you use it to wreck face and have 4 erSmls as backup. Also 5 AC2s on the other Jaeger is too janky looking and slow for me.

Gospel according to who, exactly?

Someone in Tier 5? If so them then yeah sounds about the advice you'd get from down there.

LBX2s are total garbage.

4 AC2s is under-gunned. 5 AC2s is mandatory for maximum DPS vs exposure time. Basic MWO tactics.

#28 Prototelis

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 05:39 PM

...what? Range? 4AC2 Jaeger bad?!

Yes

I feel you don't realize the gospel that is the quad LB2s with -27% ballistic cooldown.

Here is the actual gospel;

5 AC2 jaeger DD with 10% quirk base burst DPS is 15.43
4 AC2 jaeger S with 15% quirk base burst DPS is 13.07

Past 1000m normal AC2s will deal only 1 dmg while LB2s deal 1+1

Still higher DPS.

, but you don't use it for range... you use it to wreck face and have 4 erSmls as backup.

Then why bring up the range? Better mechs with more DPS in that speed/weight range. LB2s at range are *** because of the spread. It's like the most pointless weapon in the game.

Also 5 AC2s on the other Jaeger is too janky looking and slow for me.

k

#29 Vxheous

• CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,822 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 21 February 2020 - 08:31 PM

Past 1000m normal AC2s will deal only 1 dmg while LB2s deal 1+1

Umm, Past 1000m, normal AC2s have a linear dropoff for damage, it's more like 1.8 damage. It's pretty much the same for LBs in terms of damage drop off mechanics.

#30 Gilgamecc

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 165 posts

Posted 17 April 2020 - 02:58 PM

View PostIgnatius Audene, on 13 February 2020 - 08:27 AM, said:

Ac2 are fine. But bring a proper mech to boat 6 (IS) or more (clan). If all your mates are bringing lrm u are in the wrong team! And forget this freaking chain fire.

Four is fine

Posted Image

*pretty much the same, IS LBx has a different max range formula than other weapons because of their many compromises (all the standard dakka penalties plus extra crit slots plus spread) so they deliver closer to full damage for much further than a regular AC2

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users