• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 05:13 PM

View Postmartian, on 13 February 2020 - 11:39 AM, said:

There is a dedicated Solaris 7 section:
https://mwomercs.com...um/537-solaris/

That link leads to the root of this thread: MWO > FORUMS > MECHWARRIOR UNIVERSE > SOLARIS
(unless this thread started in another branch and was moved after your post)

#22 martian

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,577 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 12:09 PM

View PostINVlCTUS, on 23 February 2020 - 05:13 PM, said:

That link leads to the root of this thread: MWO > FORUMS > MECHWARRIOR UNIVERSE > SOLARIS
(unless this thread started in another branch and was moved after your post)

Originally it was in the General Discussion section.

#23 Extra Guac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 201 posts

Posted 18 March 2020 - 06:30 PM

Solaris is wonderful. Play the middle divisions, especially 3,4,5, they have plenty of variety

#24 W4R GOD

• PipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 90 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 11:07 AM

Solaris could have been great. Sucks for new players who get farmed by experienced players due to the incredibly low numbers of people to draw from.

I tried Solaris recently to see if I would enjoy it and found:

1) Playing against people I know like unit mates or other people you normally play against is fun.
2) Most games I played suck as I drop against a cadet or get stomped by someone who is clearly better then I (not a complaint, they have earned it). There is not a lot of variety.
3) Leg shooting morons make the mode lame Run at them, look down and shoot legs.
4) Boring game play like SRMs in the face until one drops or Corsairs with AC2's until one drops.

The only way I see it as fun is to sync drop with people you know. Way better quality of game plus the banter of being on com's etc You can set up matches where you can pick mech's and generally avoid the stupidity that occurs. I've watched the CSPS guys have fun doing this and it makes sense to me why they do it that way.

#25 Horseman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 19 March 2020 - 03:26 PM

View PostW4R GOD, on 19 March 2020 - 11:07 AM, said:

3) Leg shooting morons make the mode lame Run at them, look down and shoot legs.
Don't store ammo in legs, don't strip leg armor, focus down on their CT to kill them faster than they kill you. TronTheOne used to be rather annoying about legging until I CTd his Dervish with my own. He's learned since then.

4) Boring game play like SRMs in the face until one drops or Corsairs with AC2's until one drops.
Adapt, adapt, adapt. There's more than one meta build in each division.

The only way I see it as fun is to sync drop with people you know.
It's fun if one's reaction to failure is to try harder. There's nothing quite like the tension of a match against equal or better players (and nothing quite like the satisfaction of finally honing your build and combat abilities to get one over said better players)

#26 MTier Slayed Up

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 717 posts

Posted 19 March 2020 - 09:41 PM

2) Most games I played suck as I drop against a cadet or get stomped by someone who is clearly better then I (not a complaint, they have earned it). There is not a lot of variety.

Could challenge yourself on getting better and creating that variety for yourself. It's a time investment fo sho though.

So this is probably the main reason a lot of pilots lose. Don't go for legs unless you can actually torso twist and tank shots. You'll more than likely lose against someone who knows what they're doing if you go for legs. Aim for the CT. There's very few match ups that I can think of that you would want to go for legs.

There are counters to both styles. I can beat a lot of assaults in an Assassin or with my Griffin. Choose something you excel at and go with it, or practice to counter. Again, these are time investments. The definition of insanity is repeating the same thing over and over and expecting a different result.

The only way I see it as fun is to sync drop with people you know. Way better quality of game plus the banter of being on com's etc You can set up matches where you can pick mech's and generally avoid the stupidity that occurs. I've watched the CSPS guys have fun doing this and it makes sense to me why they do it that way.

I mean, you can sync drop, no one will care. We just hate it when people purposefully win trade. Ruins the sport/spirit of the game. Have some common decency ya know?

<3

#27 S T O N E

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 09:05 PM

we don't call it the Annihilanus for nothin'

lol @DirtyDixSoap

#28 TheRealTommo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 145 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 10 May 2020 - 05:21 AM

Is Solaris dead?

#29 Nomad5926

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 18 posts

Posted 15 December 2020 - 05:15 PM

View PostHazeclaw, on 13 February 2020 - 11:32 AM, said:

It's part of why solaris got so boring so fast. There is basically 0 variety in tactics, 99% of games look exactly the same because the maps are so small and 1-2 loadouts rule each division. You can still drop a non meta and do well if you're a really good pilot, but you'll always get stomped by another good pilot playing the division meta.

125% this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users