45 replies to this topic

#21 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 14 February 2020 - 05:56 PM

I've been playing for 11 months and *know* of 1 ... but it's a little "easy" against Annihilators I suppose. But he was shut down from overheating so I wouldn't call it skill from me.

Lucky. Yes, that's the ticket.

Edited by Bolo Atari, 14 February 2020 - 05:58 PM.

#22 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 14 February 2020 - 10:46 PM

View PostMatt Newman, on 13 February 2020 - 03:23 PM, said:

FYI the Nvidia Dawn Cockpit item is a valentines gift to ya'lls. Posted Image

We all love you too .

#23 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 513 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 02:28 AM

View PostNearly Dead, on 14 February 2020 - 01:59 PM, said:

Hey Wishmast3r, I think we met before, HPG Manifold, I peeked over the top of the ramp . . . +Posted Image

Can´t remember all my headshots. Posted Image

#24 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 05:54 AM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 13 February 2020 - 07:20 PM, said:

I was pleading for a web-store GSP sale and this comes along. I'm not interested in any of the mechs (maybe the Sabre) but MC + GSP is good enough. Posted Image I'll buy the 1250 MC bundle a few times.

Me too .

#25 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 15 February 2020 - 09:34 AM

While I've apparently had only 22 head shots in 6ish years, I don't mind the challenge, especially since it's nothing special locked behind it. I'm all about the cockpit items, though some warhorns could've been a nice addition to the prize pool. Pretty sure at least 2/3 of my head shots were accidental, the rest were on Atlas pilots that don't twist. If I get there I get there, rest of the event is pretty solid and quite easy. Been having good, aggressive matches so far, lot more close games than usual.

It'll all fall apart Sunday and everyone will be complaining about gameplay being out of whack as usual, but that's the weekend, and that's events. Overall good event.

#26 Ruediger Steiner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 513 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 11:22 AM

Just finished the event and managed to get my 100th headshot.

#27 WorldLiberation

Rookie

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 February 2020 - 07:05 PM

Where do I find the BONUS CONTENT?

#28 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,872 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 15 February 2020 - 07:37 PM

View PostWorldLiberation, on 15 February 2020 - 07:05 PM, said:

Where do I find the BONUS CONTENT?

It'll be injected into your account. Restart the game maybe. Sometimes it can take a few minutes upto 30. I remember when I got the Cipher this way and it was already there in the mechbay but the Sekhmet took a bit of time.

#29 DarkFhoenix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Terror
  • The Terror
  • 401 posts

Posted 16 February 2020 - 03:16 AM

I bought cheapest MC deal if only to show my support . These hero mech sidelong deals only work if you dont have many hero mechs. Posted Image

I need a 50 percent discount hero sale . Nothing sucks more than having lots o MC in your profile but no sale . Its more attractive for me to buy MC without any bonuses for a discount mc sale .

#30 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 16 February 2020 - 03:57 AM

So sayeth we all.

#31 Renzor the Red

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 326 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSol 3

Posted 17 February 2020 - 12:34 AM

Nice event. Good c-bills. That was fun. Ground out match score after finishing the other objectives with my Corsair, and the last thing I had to complete was the 500 match score. For some reason, when everyone's grinding match score, I think it's harder to hit 500. Everyone's berserking.

Well, just finished up with a great game that gave me the best match score I think I've ever had. Posted Image I just want to leave this here. The end was fantastic, turning the game around and wiping out almost all of the remaining enemy team.

Looking forward to a website old mastery bundle sale (Matt, nudge nudge).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Renzor the Red, 17 February 2020 - 12:35 AM.

#32 Nearly Dead

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 274 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 07:40 AM

Missile damage. LRMs suck unless you are with other people with LRMs, then they rock.

Ballistics damage. Machine guns are fun. Machine guns on a 103 kph mech are really fun.

Light challenge I did in 4 matches.

Medium took a day because I made poor choices.

Heavy is what I usually play, that went pretty quick.

Assault component was OK, I combined it with the missile challenge and loaded my Stalker with LRMs and med lasers. Tried to do my part by shooting LRMs while I moved up and then focusing on the lasers.

Still working on the 500 match score, even after buying an Annihilator and turning in multiple kills and damage 500-700 I am doing something wrong because I am coming up 100 or so short. I only see a 500+ score every so often and it doesn't seem out of reach so still hoping to complete the entire event.

I hope everyone is having fun with it, I know it is probably pretty disrupted as people try new mechs and new weapons,. I know I have ignored missiles pretty much up to this point except for one or two experiments, quickly abandoned, due to the damage spread.

I started a thread in General Disc about match score, if you know how it works and want to comment. . .

Edited by Nearly Dead, 18 February 2020 - 07:41 AM.

#33 ghost1e

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • CS 2023 Gold Champ
  • 403 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationReigning World Champion

Posted 18 February 2020 - 10:50 AM

View PostNearly Dead, on 18 February 2020 - 07:40 AM, said:

Still working on the 500 match score, even after buying an Annihilator and turning in multiple kills and damage 500-700 I am doing something wrong because I am coming up 100 or so short. I only see a 500+ score every so often and it doesn't seem out of reach so still hoping to complete the entire event.

Just carry hard (1k+) and you'll get it.
Pro tip: surviving helps.

#34 Kalimaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 18 February 2020 - 01:11 PM

I've been trying to find the heart of a Mech, still can't find it. I shot one in the chest, another in the arm....these things don't have one.

#35 iamredleader

• PipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 55 posts
  • LocationAmstelveen

Posted 19 February 2020 - 11:49 AM

View PostRenzor the Red, on 17 February 2020 - 12:34 AM, said:

Well, just finished up with a great game that gave me the best match score I think I've ever had. Posted Image I just want to leave this here. The end was fantastic, turning the game around and wiping out almost all of the remaining enemy team.

I have to admit - that is a very impressive match score. Kudos to you, good sir o7

#36 GumbieVirus

Rookie

• The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 12:16 PM

So when is Phase 2 on this event going down? according to the post it should of already started yesterday.

#37 DeadWeight18

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Silent Killer
  • The Silent Killer
  • 263 posts
  • LocationLuxembourg

Posted 19 February 2020 - 10:37 PM

View PostGumbieVirus, on 19 February 2020 - 12:16 PM, said:

So when is Phase 2 on this event going down? according to the post it should of already started yesterday.

That is phase 2 for the sale. Different bonus content.

And I am thankful for the poor soul which overheated in front of me enabling me my Headshot! - Thank you!

#38 Xaat Xuun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defender
  • The Defender
  • 954 posts
  • LocationA hypervelocity planet

Posted 20 February 2020 - 02:27 PM

View PostNearly Dead, on 18 February 2020 - 07:40 AM, said:

Missile damage. LRMs suck unless you are with other people with LRMs, then they rock.

Ballistics damage. Machine guns are fun. Machine guns on a 103 kph mech are really fun.

Light challenge I did in 4 matches.

Medium took a day because I made poor choices.

Heavy is what I usually play, that went pretty quick.

Assault component was OK, I combined it with the missile challenge and loaded my Stalker with LRMs and med lasers. Tried to do my part by shooting LRMs while I moved up and then focusing on the lasers.

I hope everyone is having fun with it, I know it is probably pretty disrupted as people try new mechs and new weapons,. I know I have ignored missiles pretty much up to this point except for one or two experiments, quickly abandoned, due to the damage spread.

I started a thread in General Disc about match score, if you know how it works and want to comment. . .

I pretty much just do my Missile damage with SRM's, Not a fan of LRM's myself, I do have a couple LRM boats, for when that crazy call "Let's bring LRM's" (on this account, Alts don't have any LRM boats)
Just saying, it does not have to be LRM's for Missile damage

edited for Typo-spelling

Edited by Xaat Xuun, 20 February 2020 - 02:28 PM.

#39 UnknownAlt

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 21 February 2020 - 12:39 AM

View PostKalimaster, on 18 February 2020 - 01:11 PM, said:

I've been trying to find the heart of a Mech, still can't find it. I shot one in the chest, another in the arm....these things don't have one.

just keep following that yellow brick road, you'll get your heart, and never mind the man behind the curtain

#40 Bolo Atari

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Stryker
  • The Stryker
  • 259 posts
  • LocationGlengarry

Posted 21 February 2020 - 05:27 AM

SRMs are pretty efficient. I tend to use the sandpaper style with MRMs too ^_^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users